In the last year have you gotten your stockholder credit?

Remember I am just curious about the last 12 months. Is just us???.... we NEVER get it anymore....

Thanks

You can request it as long as you are not getting any other benefit from C&A. OBC from Shareholder Benefits can not be combined with any C&A benefit.

Annie about had a fit when we got a "special of $13.00 off for each of us for our upcoming TA which knocked us out of our $250.00 stockholder credit.

After she wrote and "explained" it to them, they gave us our stockholder credit right away!:D

Maybe RCL and RCL stockholders should take notice on how NCL handles this situation, if you are already getting OBC from NCL they give you dinner for two at Cagney's (specialty restaurant) and a bottle of wine. I did email RCL Investors Relations this info but they never responded.

If they handled it like Princess does it would be even better. Princess allows you to stackall on board credits...stockholders..military service..future cruise credits...We usually have $750.00 OBC for a 14 day cruise.

Then again....they dont have a Diamond lounge

Have not been able to use stock credit for several years now on Royal. We always sail in balcony or better so the C&A balcony discount kills the shareholder OBC.

Princess policy is much better allowing you to combine benefits so you don't feel cheated.

We get the Princess shareholder credit on every cruise, regardless of other promotions we had in our fare. The only complaint I have is they took away the email address, so you have to fax or mail your proof of ownership.

If they handled it like Princess does it would be even better. Princess allows you to stackall on board credits...stockholders..military service..future cruise credits...We usually have $750.00 OBC for a 14 day cruise.

Holland America does the same

$750 buys a lot of alcohol and speciality coffee. If one is not a big drinker, the OBC is a much better deal.

I recall "the good old days" when RCI allowed stacking. (Coupons, balcony discounts, on board booking, stock benefit etc) . Wonder if down the road, we'll call present perks "the good old days"

M

We get the Princess shareholder credit on every cruise, regardless of other promotions we had in our fare. The only complaint I have is they took away the email address, so you have to fax or mail your proof of ownership.

Provide your name, address, confirmation number, ship and sailing date along with a copy of your shareholder proxy card or a current brokerage statement showing proof of share ownership in Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd. All shareholder onboard credit requests must be received approximately 2 -3 weeks prior to sail date. Via Mail: RCL Investor Benefit, PO Box 025511, Miami, Florida 33102-5511 Via Fax: 1-305-373-6699 Via Email:shareholderbenefit@rccl.com

You have 3 options to verify ownership

And the Elite perks are better than the Diamond perks. We are not big drinkers.

You can request it as long as you are not getting any other benefit from C&A. OBC from Shareholder Benefits can not be combined with any C&A benefit.

Maybe RCL and RCL stockholders should take notice on how NCL handles this situation, if you are already getting OBC from NCL they give you dinner for two at Cagney's (specialty restaurant) and a bottle of wine. I did email RCL Investors Relations this info but they never responded.

RCL Investors Relations probably is the wrong place to take up the discussion with or even pass along any information to. At one time, Royal did allow combining credits, and then stopped. Do I believe it isn't right, yes.

Taking up the discussion with Investors Relations, isn't where I took my discussion about the unfairness of being unable to get a stockholder credit. I sent an email to Michael Bayley, CEO of Royal now. Did I agree with Michael's answer, no....but he needs to hear from other stockholders on this issue.

Maybe if he got a huge influx of email on the dissatisfaction of stockholders on this issue, something might change. Whether as the credit or in the form of a nice specialty dinner or bottle of wine (which to me, would be of little value).

But make your feelings known to the head of the company: mbayley@rccl.com.

This is the reply I just got from Michael Bayley's office:

Thanks. I appreciate your email and observations. One point worth pointing out is the value of RCL stock vs NCL and CCL.

Sent from IBM Notes Traveler

Michael Bayley

President & CEO

Royal Caribbean International

Hi,

I never get the Royal Caribbean stockholder onboard credit anymore. Because I usually qualify for a better promotion, I don't receive the credit. I still send in my stockholder credit requests, but they are denied.

I agree that the policy of the Carnival Corporation cruise lines (Cunard, Princess, Holland America, etc.) to allow multiple onboard credits is much better. This is part of the reason that I have been cruising more frequently with Cunard and Princess during the past few years.

Chuck

Edited by seacruise9

I use it often on Celebrity for last minute close-in bookings.

These tend to have no other perks associated with them. I know for sure join no way will it work if any other cruise-line perk has been provided i.e. drinks package, some sort of OBC etc.

I had booked Anthem's inaugural crossing this fall, with no specials or perks, and RCI declined my Shareholder benefit saying my booking rate did not qualify, and they refused to expand any further.

I canceled that sailing because of the lack of concern or customer care exhibited in my query. This would have been my first Non-Celebrity sailing.

Lorraine and Paulette, would either of you care to post the letter you sent? I think this is something that needs to be addressed, but my brain is just not able to get my own letter started. I'm hoping that your words will be a catalyst for my own.

I am sure that people can add suggestions, here is a starting point:

People become stockholders in Royal because they feel that the product the company offers will offer a good return on the invested revenue they are putting out. By cruising they are saying that they enjoy the product Royal offers, and are PAYING for a cruise to help the stock continue to climb. People should not be denied a benefit that 'stockholders are offered as an onboard credit' because they have also cruised so many times to have attained a level within the Crown and Anchor Society, that gives them discounts that are greater than the stockholder credit. They should be combinable.

When someone has shown loyalty to Royal by cruising as much as they have AND are a stockholder they deserve all the credits and OBC's possible, and should not have to 'choose one verses the other'. Long term loyalty as a stockholder and long term loyalty as a cruiser, should be equally valued and rewarded.