Summit for Bermuda sailing question----

Jetswdo

You need to walk right past the ticket booth when you get off the Summit. Line moved very quickly and there were lots of people to ask transportation questions. Everyone is so friendly in Bermuda. Something of interest; when we took the ferry over to Hamilton I didn't think to check return times back to the boat. For some reason I just assumed they were constantly running. Wrong! Make sure you check the board so you know return times, otherwise you might have a long wait between boats.

Google the Official Bermuda Tourist site , visitor site or something lie, that. they will have the bus and ferry routes and schedules.

When you get off the ship and walk to the ferry you will see a kiosh walk past that one as there will be a long line. further down towards the ferry there will be more and hardly anyone there.

When we were there the first ferry left shortly after we were able to get off the ship. We had about 20 minutes before the scheduled departing time. As we got to the ferry there was a long line and the ferry left early because it was filled. it is something to consider, the ferry does fill up and you may be shut out.

In our situation we found it more economical to buy and use tokens instead of buying passes.

One option is if you can find another couple and share a taxi for a day. The cabs can be hired for $50/ hour, may be more now, and the drivers have to take a course, pass a test to serve as tour guides. The rate is a flat rate established by the government. It is also described not eh website. They will show you the whole island and go any where you want, talk very good English and are very entertaining. It is best to talk to a few at the pier and pick one that you feel comfortable with, there will be plenty. Figure about 5 to 6 hours but with 4 people it will be cheaper than booking a tour and more personal. After doing that you can go back to somewhere that you like to spend more time durign the other days by using the bus or ferry.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Very useful info. Thank you!

However, I think it should be copied to the Ports of Call section of the board.

It's a Celebrity-specific question regarding selling the transportation passes on the Summit. This seems to be the appropriate forum :)

It was very helpful to know the Summit does not sell those passes, but it's not a big deal :)

Very useful info. Thank you!

However, I think it should be copied to the Ports of Call section of the board.

It's a Celebrity-specific question regarding selling the transportation passes on the Summit. This seems to be the appropriate forum :)

It was very helpful to know the Summit does not sell those passes, but it's not a big deal :)

Just an FYI -- if you're going to Bermuda, the Ports of Call: Bemuda thread has a wealth of information. There are some locals who post there, regularly -- with current and helpful news. Since it's "off-season", that board is a little slow, right now. I'm checking over there periodically, to see when this year's bus/ferry pass info (routes/prices) is released. :cool:

would be a "no " to my question. That tip then about skipping the first kiosk by the ship and going to the ones closer to the ferry is very appreciated. Anita

Play it by ear. I found the first kiosk by the ship to have only a short line. It moves fast. Have Cash.

Play it by ear. I found the first kiosk by the ship to have only a short line. It moves fast. Have Cash.

We has the same experience, last year -- no lines, to speak of. And, since it was our first time in Bermuda, it was reassuring to know exactly where to go, to buy the bus/ferry pass. :cool:

What a great idea! Selling the passes onboard....

Celebrity Cruise Rep are you around? This is a great idea! Modern Luxury means more time enjoying your cruise / less time in line ups! :D

Celebrity did sell the passes on board at one time. We sailed to Bermuda on Celebrity Zenith and we bought the passes right on board, but for some reason they stopped doing it. Not sure why.

We sailed last summer on Summit. It was great to get so much time in Bermuda but being there at the same time as the Breakaway was no fun at all! There was no line to buy passes, so I wouldn't worry about that BUT the line to get on the ferry was insane, especially for Hamilton! Thank goodness I looked out my balcony and saw how long it was getting and hustled our family down. We were one of the last few to make it on the ferry and we waited in line for 30+ minutes. When we have sailed to Bermuda on the Explorer (3 times), we could arrive a few minutes before it was set to leave with no problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

We usually head to St. Georges the first day, and lines for the ferry were also insane. :eek: They will start publishing ferry schedules sometime in April. I suggest getting there at least 1/2 hour or more to queue to get on board.

We usually head to St. Georges the first day, and lines for the ferry were also insane. :eek: They will start publishing ferry schedules sometime in April. I suggest getting there at least 1/2 hour or more to queue to get on board.

We took the bus over - yes it's a long ride and you have to switch buses in Hamilton - but you get to see most of the island that way and there was not wait to get on the bus. Then we take the Ferry back as it seems to be easier that way. Just a suggestion for those if they would like to do it that way.

After reading above posts, I was wondering:

Lets say there is a 4:30? PM ferry to Hamilton on Wed, Harbor night. What time from past experience, would you suggest leaving the Summit to make sure that you actually make it on that ferry?

On that day, we plan on catching a taxi once in Hamilton to the Origional Swizzle Inn for an early light dinner. Then taxi back to the street where the band starts, to enjoy the atmosphere for a bit- (I know there is a bus, but our schedule is tight)

then catch the ferry back to Dockyards, maybe 9:00 or so---

I will study the schedule when it comes out in April (I think)....

We will be spending the morning and early afternoon at the Coco Reef Resort- planning on getting back to the ship around 3:30- just to shower, drop off our beach stuff, and change for the evening activity in Hamilton.

We did that too-St. Georges first day hoping most would head to Hamilton and found the line crazy but Hamilton was even worse...With the increased tourism, perhaps they will add more ferries in the coming years.

I did it last year and was so unimpressed. We booked a group of 8 plus a one-yr old and had to all split up as there were no chairs near each other. Their beach is on two different levels and so was our family. The lunch tasted good but was really slow and service was poor. Had a much better time on the many free beaches in Bermuda.

After reading above posts, I was wondering:

Lets say there is a 4:30? PM ferry to Hamilton on Wed, Harbor night. What time from past experience, would you suggest leaving the Summit to make sure that you actually make it on that ferry?

I suspect that ferry might be less hectic as its not the first one or two after arriving and would be limited to mostly ppl going to Harbor nights. Maybe 4?