Room number requested at dinner seating

earnied

As someone who only books anytime dining, I do think it is wrong for traditional diners to use it. Space has been allocated to them in the traditional dining room; they shouldn't be taking away tables (availability) from those of us who chose anytime dining. I am convinced that contributes to the sometimes long lines and wait times with anytime dining so I really do hope they are checking to ensure everyone is using their assigned dining room - and that it spreads to all the ships in the fleet.

I completely agree with you! We have done both, traditional and anytime dining, but have come to prefer the anytime. I highly doubt that a traditional diner would appreciate going to their tabe, only to see that their seat has been taken by an anytime diner.

I strongly disagree! Traditional diners opting to dine in anytime dining rooms are causing long wait times for those of us who have selected anytime dining.

There are a number of dining venues, other than anytime dining rooms, available for traditional diners who do not wish to dine at their assigned time in the MDR.

Lew

Well stated, and like I said above.... I doubt the traditional diner would appreciate going to dinner and find their seat taken by an anytime diner.

If you dine too often the diet patrol will wake you up in the middle of the night for a workout! :eek::D

Every night every cruise I've been asked, but then again it was to match up rezzies...and I saw every other diner asked as well.

Well, for the reasons that he should have taken anytime dining in the first place..."got back late from a tour and missed our regular time"..."had a nap and slept too late to make our dining time"..."met a couple and decided to join them in anytime because they could not get into traditional"....

etc...etc....etc....

Note that none of them are "good" reasons.....

And because he is entitled and no one else on earth matters? Rules don't apply to him? I know too many people like that...selfish and full of themselves.

One of my pet peeves is people who request traditional dining at a large table who don't show up many nights. One couple actually told us that they'd be trying out the various anytime dining rooms and specialty restaurants. The only saving grace when they showed up a second time was that they brought wine to share with us. They were at our table just twice in seven nights.

I have seen this problem many times. We have always dinned ATD on other cruises, went TD last year on the Solstice and will be TD again on the Golden, we found it more suitable for us to have our dinner at our regular home time and helpful for after dinner events. The first night was full on all tables, and each night you would see many gaps appearing. We went to three specialty restaurants over a 14 night cruise which I think is reasonable, but always told our waiter and table guests that we would not dine the next night, but we would never go to ATD. I was told by many guests that did go to ATD, the reasoning was due to new friends. It does make me wonder why they chose TD in the first place as it is rude not only to ATD dinners waiting in line, but also leaving TD dinners sitting on their their own for the entire cruise. I don't think the cruise lines will ever fix the problem.

These days we always do ATD and all our future booked cruises are so marked. We usually go to the MDR after 7:30 PM depending of course on what is happening that night that we want to attend. We have only seen a long line in the dinner earlier hours. Several times we have sat in the IC watching the line of pax going in the ATD MDR. It can get quite long. We have been asked our cabin number but not on our latest cruise. It appears to be a hit and miss proposition.

As for excuses to go to ATD instead of TD, the only one I can think of is for those that returned late from their excursion and missed their TD time. It happens sometimes. On our last cruise we took a ship excursion to Coba (Mayan ruins on the Yucatan) and returned 30 minutes late. No problem for us as ATD but there may have been some TD pax on the tour. We had a Princess chartered ferry with 150 or more pax aboard as most went to Tulum.