becoming Pinnacle ?

Still waiting for our PC pins and Stratum......been 6 weeks so far.......living up here anything from RCL takes TIME!!!

Luggage tags & Documents when mailed to us, used to take until we were ready to leave the house for the cruise. [No TA, booked directly with RCL.]

Olga on the Majesty is sharing the desk with the International Ambassador (staggered hours) right next to the Guest Services desk. We just heard that the LA on Vision will be starting on Sat when we board. Wish us luck with our Pinnacle recognition having a brand new person doing it!

Jan @ WriteSounds

We have been on Majesty quite a bit and they try to do a very nice upper tier event in the lounge. It usually has such a large number of first time cruisers on her sailings. It probably isn't usual for them to have someone to announce as a 'new pinnacle member' -- I would hope they take advantage of the occurrence and do a good job.

We have been on Majesty quite a bit and they try to do a very nice upper tier event in the lounge. It usually has such a large number of first time cruisers on her sailings. It probably isn't usual for them to have someone to announce as a 'new pinnacle member' -- I would hope they take advantage of the occurrence and do a good job.

They are actually on Vision for their Pinnacle milestone. I agree with you, I doubt there are many who reach PC status on Majesty. :)

They are actually on Vision for their Pinnacle milestone. I agree with you, I doubt there are many who reach PC status on Majesty. :)

Thanks for the clarification....it might be interesting if on the very last cruise that Her Majesty has, a new Pinnacle would be announced.....unlikely, I am sure. I won't be us....we will probably never make it...shooting to make Diamond + (and we will).....as much as we love Her Majesty, we can't even go on her final voyage.

I agree, it is a new term to me. And I also looked it up -- and assumed it is being used because there are different tier levels, or strata (strati? -- forgot the Latin plural of "um"). I'm glad to see it was confusing to someone else.:o

It's "strata", Karen. ;) :D

I´m from Germany, got Pinnacle in September and got the certificate in November ( you need the number on the certificate for booking). On the back it said: "must be redeemed by 04/23/2015"

In English "redeemed" means "booked", but I was told from the Miami Office that in this case it means "sailed by" ! Their are no RCI Cruises in winter in Europe, so he gave me the Chance to book a 9 day cruise on the Splendour in May. But then I was told that because this is a 9day cruise instead of a 7day cruise I´ll only get 1750 Dollars of instead of 2400, which is totally unlogic, because on the certificate it only says: any itinerary and nothing about a 0ne week cruise.

So I can´t use it or I have to pay about 1000 Dollars , while an inside cabin on this cruise is 899 !

RCI really knows how to annoy their loyal costumers!!!!

I would call again. Since the wording on the certificate is as you say, there should not be a problem with the longer cruise. I wonder if the reduced amount is because that is the price, without tax, of the cheapest balcony on this sailing?

I´m from Germany, got Pinnacle in September and got the certificate in November ( you need the number on the certificate for booking). On the back it said: "must be redeemed by 04/23/2015"

In English "redeemed" means "booked", but I was told from the Miami Office that in this case it means "sailed by" ! Their are no RCI Cruises in winter in Europe, so he gave me the Chance to book a 9 day cruise on the Splendour in May. But then I was told that because this is a 9day cruise instead of a 7day cruise I´ll only get 1750 Dollars of instead of 2400, which is totally unlogic, because on the certificate it only says: any itinerary and nothing about a 0ne week cruise.

So I can´t use it or I have to pay about 1000 Dollars , while an inside cabin on this cruise is 899 !

RCI really knows how to annoy their loyal costumers!!!!

Definitely call back. For those of us in the States, we have been allowed to use the deadline as "book by" and not "sail by." Good luck. :)

Karen, I just spoke with resolutions last week and was told emphatically that you must sail by the given date or some time very near the given date. Have you been able to only book by the date recently, please? BTW, I have been told that the final amount of credit may be deducted from the cost of a cruise already paid in full. Have others found this to be so? I think I have read somewhere that this was not allowed.

I thought I read that they aren't even sending out the certificates any more, so then how will they notify people that they're at a milestone where they can get a free cruise and when they have to take it by (yes, a few people will be unaware of it)?

Nelligen, RCI is likely taking the fare for a 9-night cruise, then pro-rating the fare. So if the least expensive balcony is $2250, then 7/9ths of that amount would be the $1750 you were quoted (rough numbers).

The fact that an inside cabin costs far less isn't really relevant, since the award is for a balcony cabin. If you really want to go for free, you might ask if you could have a credit toward the inside instead - I often read of people being booked in a higher cabin (we did that when we reached 100 credits under the old program) and paying the difference, so perhaps they would give you an inside or oceanview for free with the understanding that you can't use the remainder of your certificate for another cruise. It can't hurt to ask - all they can say is yes or no.

Karen, I just spoke with resolutions last week and was told emphatically that you must sail by the given date or some time very near the given date. Have you been able to only book by the date recently, please? BTW, I have been told that the final amount of credit may be deducted from the cost of a cruise already paid in full. Have others found this to be so? I think I have read somewhere that this was not allowed.

I thought we had this settled with RCI when the new certificates first came out. A lot of people were having trouble with the award restrictions (and the BOGOHO pricing being applied), and several letters were written to Michael Bayley.

The result, at least for us, was that we were told that the cruise had to be BOOKED within 6 months of the date on the certificate. Our milestone cruise was in December, and our award cruise is in September. There was a fairly lengthy discussion on this issue on the Diamond/D+/Pinnacle thread, around the first of the year. I'm sorry to hear that this issue has reared its ugly head again. :(

We were told they would work with us over the 6 month restriction and it was able to be applied to a cruise already booked but NOT after final payment.

We are not able at this time to use it though- as we have a medical problem right now and have to wait for Drs clearance before using any booked cruises this year.

So, Resolutions will have to work with us on this issue or more letters will be off to Michael Bayley!!!:eek:

Resolutions were good with our recent cancellation of cruises, so We are Hoping all will go smoothly.:rolleyes:

[Not expecting it to go that well though.......this Perk?? is not that much a perk or bonus=it is turning into a hassle or those using it.]

The Voucher should be a FCC to be a real perk for reaching Pinnacle.

Still waiting for our papers / pins & stratum??.........turned PC end of Feb. Should be soon.......I thought 6 weeks +

LA I thought said the form? certificate was coming in the mail but we could use it before it arrived in the mail if we wanted to apply or book something using the Voucher.

Edited by CVU

Hi everyone,

I'm very pleased to report that our Pinnacle Recognition was fantastic on the Vision. The LA is Maurice and we were his first. I'm not sure which of us was more nervous and excited! Captain Lis was incredibly generous with her time and our friends who surprised on board made the entire week something to remember forever. Excuse my silliness, but I wrote a little story about our Pinnacle Path, including all the RCI ships we've sailed on (in no particular order).

Our journey to Pinnacle began as an ADVENTURE on January 28, 2007 when we became MARINERs. We had the BRILLIANCE to quickly became “Loyal to Royal” when we were treated like MAJESTYs and MONARCHs. The sea became our OASIS. The RHAPSODY and SERENADE of the world’s oceans lulled us back again and again. As EXPLORERs, VOYAGERs and NAVIGATORs, we found our LIBERTY and INDEPENDENCE. We spent many port days shopping for JEWELs, admiring their GRANDEUR and RADIANCE. Now our ENCHANTMENT comes from the VISION that we have many more years ahead to create a new LEGEND.

Remember, it’s not about the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way.

Jan @ WriteSounds (heading back to Denver now)

Hi everyone,

I'm very pleased to report that our Pinnacle Recognition was fantastic on the Vision. The LA is Maurice and we were his first. I'm not sure which of us was more nervous and excited! Captain Lis was incredibly generous with her time and our friends who surprised on board made the entire week something to remember forever. Excuse my silliness, but I wrote a little story about our Pinnacle Path, including all the RCI ships we've sailed on (in no particular order).

Our journey to Pinnacle began as an ADVENTURE on January 28, 2007 when we became MARINERs. We had the BRILLIANCE to quickly became “Loyal to Royal” when we were treated like MAJESTYs and MONARCHs. The sea became our OASIS. The RHAPSODY and SERENADE of the world’s oceans lulled us back again and again. As EXPLORERs, VOYAGERs and NAVIGATORs, we found our LIBERTY and INDEPENDENCE. We spent many port days shopping for JEWELs, admiring their GRANDEUR and RADIANCE. Now our ENCHANTMENT comes from the VISION that we have many more years ahead to create a new LEGEND.

Remember, it’s not about the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way.

Congratualtions!!!

So happy it went so well Jan.

We also were very fortunate in having LA Colette on Indy to make our day Special.

Dayle

Hi everyone,

What an ALLURING story of your cruise ANTHEM. You have taken a QUANTUM leap from gold to Pinnacle in a matter of years. To me, your story made HARMONY to my ears, so much that you deserve an OVATION.

Congrats on reaching this milestone.

Andrew

What an ALLURING story of your cruise ANTHEM. You have taken a QUANTUM leap from gold to Pinnacle in a matter of years. To me, your story made HARMONY to my ears, so much that you deserve an OVATION.

Congrats on reaching this milestone.

Andrew

Andrew - LOL, well done! Thanks, buddy.

Jan @ WriteSounds in Denver

Just got a letter in the mail from RCCL,saying we now have a year from when we hit a milestone ,to cruise.........but still have to book within 6 months..

When did you make Pinnacle? I haven't received a letter but only made PC last month, so I haven't received anything yet.

Carolyn

When did you make Pinnacle? I haven't received a letter but only made PC last month, so I haven't received anything yet.

Carolyn

January....but I already got the certificate and stuff about a month later............booked my cruise,but would had chosen something in the fall,if I had been given this option..

Just got a letter in the mail from RCCL,saying we now have a year from when we hit a milestone ,to cruise.........but still have to book within 6 months..

Hi Kathy! We also got the letter in the mail today.

Carolyn

Our Pinnacle recognition cruise was January 31st. The Pinnacle pins arrived in about six weeks (from New Jersey) and "stratum" arrived about a week later (from Florida).

Steve