Is alaska opening up today?

hollon

I was told C&A members would be able to book AK2016 today. I just called @ 6:15am Pacific time and those sailings have not been released,

Was a little excited about Explorer doing AK sailings in 2016 until I found out she'll be doing the Seattle RT's.........pass on that itinerary.............

Sent from my NX008HD8G using Forums mobile app

I was told C&A members would be able to book AK2016 today. I just called @ 6:15am Pacific time and those sailings have not been released,

Was a little excited about Explorer doing AK sailings in 2016 until I found out she'll be doing the Seattle RT's.........pass on that itinerary.............

Seattle --- really???????? Bummer.

We finally gave up and booked Celebrity:( But we got lots of OBC, drinks and grats all free:p

I did this as well but I am really hoping to switch to Royal. Why must they take so long. I book Celebrity in November on Quantum.

We finally gave up and booked Celebrity:( But we got lots of OBC, drinks and grats all free:p

We did likewise in November.......mostly just curious what RCCL's pricing will be with the BOGO1/2 sale.......,,.

We did likewise in November.......mostly just curious what RCCL's pricing will be with the BOGO1/2 sale.......,,.

I booked with Princess for 2016. However, the BOGO 1/2 off sale announcement caught my eye and I am very curious about the cabin prices.

Same thing here. Booked with Celebrity during their 123Go Sale for May 2016 getting all three perk since we booked concierge. Was curious how much the equivalent would have been with RCI to see if It would be worth switching.

Would the Explorer be too big to do the one way trips?

Same thing here. Booked with Celebrity during their 123Go Sale for May 2016 getting all three perk since we booked concierge. Was curious how much the equivalent would have been with RCI to see if It would be worth switching.

I believe they need to do one-way trips having either the start or end port in Canada. That usually means Vancouver, and Explorer cannot go under a bridge needed to get to Vancouver.

We were all set to transfer to RCCL, we bet on Brillance or Jewel to do the Seattle to Vancouver run, but we would lose the $$ they gave us on Reflection and the drinks pkg, so we decided to stick to Solstice.

I also did this for June 2016 on Millennium (with the GO123) but still want to see what the Radiance prices are. Given the recent pricing I think we may end up staying with Celebrity which is fine with me... I've been wanting to try them. Just wonder if our dd would be happier with Royal though.

I'm curious as to the preference for Vancouver over Seattle or is it the round trip versus a one way. I'm planning a family cruise for my parents' 50th anniversary next May and have had my TA on standby for the last two months. I did send him a backup Princess cruise yesterday in case higher prices hold true for Alaska as well. I don't think the RCCL itineraries will ever be released at this rate!

I'm curious as to the preference for Vancouver over Seattle or is it the round trip versus a one way. I'm planning a family cruise for my parents' 50th anniversary next May and have had my TA on standby for the last two months. I did send him a backup Princess cruise yesterday in case higher prices hold true for Alaska as well. I don't think the RCCL itineraries will ever be released at this rate!

The Vancouver sailings.....RT or 1-way ....get you further north into Alaska. The first and last days of the Seattle RT can be a bit bumpy, too. The good thing about Seattle RT's is you don't have to deal with the Vancouver BC airport........

What would the itinerary be for Explorer out of Seatle. If she does not go to a Canadian port does that mean the Jones Act comes into effect and you will not be able to B-2-B cruises?

The standard itinerary from Seattle goes something like this:

1. Sea Day

2. Sea Day

3. Juneau

4. One of the glaciers (Sawyer, Tracy Arm)

5. Skagway

6. Sea Day

7. Victoria

Same ole, same ole.

I really hope that the RT out of Seattle is better next year. An itnerary without Ketchikan doesn't make sense :(

We booked the Solstice RT out of Seattle for May 2016 and it does stop at Ketchikan. Hopefully it is the same for royal