Just off Navigator...questions anyone?

Leaving next month on Navigator, what did you do in Jamaica? How are the shows on the ship? Was it bad taking the tender to Grand Cayman? How fast did you clear customs on arriving back at Galveston?

Thank you in advance.

We did the Dreamer Catamaran Sail in Jamaica - booked it through RCI. It was fantastic and would definitely recommend. Let me know if you have more questions on it - I posted a review on RC's site under that excursion as well. The tender to GC was super easy. We didn't have an excursion and still got off very early. The line to get off the ship wasn't bad at all - definitely recommend using the stairs from deck 2 as people that took the elevator down to deck 1 had a hard time getting into line. When heading back, we got in line about an hour before all aboard and the line was VERY long. It looked like we'd be there for an hour but each tender boat holds 250-300 people so it went fast. Clearing customs was a breeze, we walked off the ship at 7:30 and were in our car by 8:05. The lines probably get worse the later it gets but we did the self-assist walk-off. We even had a group of 3 in front of us that didn't have their customs form and it was still quick. The lines for US Passports only moved fast.

Not sure if you can answer this one, someone recently sailed on Explorer and said there were two drink packages offered only on the ship, Grape and Grain. One was for wine and one for beer. It's rumored that it was because the ship was going into drydock. Any idea if this was offered on the Navigator, we sail April 12 and with the big increase in drink prices we'd love to see these packages be a reality. How was the food?

Thanks😆

Not sure if you can answer this one, someone recently sailed on Explorer and said there were two drink packages offered only on the ship, Grape and Grain. One was for wine and one for beer. It's rumored that it was because the ship was going into drydock. Any idea if this was offered on the Navigator, we sail April 12 and with the big increase in drink prices we'd love to see these packages be a reality. How was the food?

Thanks😆

I didn't see anything like this onboard. In full disclosure, I'm pregnant so obviously not drinking but did notice random things like "buy one, get one 1/2 off" on some alcoholic beverage in the cruise compass. Sorry I can't help more on that one.

Food is so subjective...don't want to start a CC war. I would say, in my opinion only...I didn't have problems with the food overall. Everything at Giovanni's was great, Sabor was mostly great - didn't care for my entree. Johnny Rockets was it's usual self - great burgers and onion rings. The windjammer was overall good - they repeated 90% of it every night but you could generally find something. Of course, we ate at a few other places obviously so we weren't there for every meal. As for the MDR, I'm sure others will have different opinions but we ate there for lunch on one of the first days and didn't have a good experience. The salad bar was great but the service was awful and the ordered food was just ok so we actually skipped the MDR the rest of the week. In fairness, with our 2.5 year old with us, we probably wouldn't have eaten there a lot anyway but that was enough to turn us off.

Who was piano player in Schooner bar, also how were the other shows?

I didn't see one but I think we only stopped there once. The only shows we saw were Love & Marriage and the Ice Show. Again, we had a toddler with us so that wasn't high on our priority list. The Love & Marriage show was good, typical of what we've seen before. The Ice Show (Ice Dancin') was great, we all loved it, even my husband who hates watching figure skating. :)

What side of the ship was facing the pier in Cozumel? Port or starboard? Thank-you

We backed in and the port side was facing the pier. Freedom was in port with us and also backed in so for them ithe was starboard. It may just depend on what ship gets in first, it was us that day.

I didn't see one but I think we only stopped there once. The only shows we saw were Love & Marriage and the Ice Show. Again, we had a toddler with us so that wasn't high on our priority list. The Love & Marriage show was good, typical of what we've seen before. The Ice Show (Ice Dancin') was great, we all loved it, even my husband who hates watching figure skating. :)

Thanks, we did see Ice show last year and I never thought I would enjoy it as much as we did

Navigator had gone through a refurb a little while ago. I would love to hear from someone who cruised on her before the refurb and after the refurb -- to know their feelings about the changes made to the ship.

We went on Nav in 2004 and are again cruising on her in Nov 2015.

I'm planning on doing a review but haven't gotten to it just yet. In the meantime, let me know if you have any questions. We did Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

Do you recall what time 'boat drill' was before sailing? Trying to coordinate a rally point with 14 other cabins, old college friends.

thanks,

Larry

Wondering if you remember what movies were playing on deck?

Sorry, I dont. I do remember thinking they weren't exactly family friendly most nights. I think there was one night where it was and there were a few families on deck. Honestly, the movies were not well attended.

Navigator had gone through a refurb a little while ago. I would love to hear from someone who cruised on her before the refurb and after the refurb -- to know their feelings about the changes made to the ship.

You could try doing a search for reviews (in the board, not the actual review section) as I remember reading some comments from someone that had while I was doing my research. I can day the ship was overall in great shape, stateroom updates were quite nice with the new color scheme and furniture. The public areas were all well taken care of as well. The only issue we had was with the photo gallery. I'll go into more detail in my review but let's just say the new equipment/system didn't work very well.

You could try doing a search for reviews (in the board, not the actual review section) as I remember reading some comments from someone that had while I was doing my research. I can say the ship was overall in great shape, stateroom updates were quite nice with the new color scheme and furniture. The public areas were all well taken care of as well. The only issue we had was with the photo gallery. I'll go into more detail in my review but let's just say the new equipment/system didn't work very well.

Do you recall what time 'boat drill' was before sailing? Trying to coordinate a rally point with 14 other cabins, old college friends.

thanks,

Larry

It was at 4pm but they started doing announcements at 345 and we headed straight there. By 4, most people were already there but as usual we had to wait for the few that show up whenever they want so they didn't actually start until about 420.

Edited by CruisinQueen2013

We have cruised Navigator pre and post refurb

and we loved all the changes for the better. :)

Regardless enjoy the cruise , for you are on vacation.

Edited by ssb