Harmony Med Summer 2016 prices

I've just compared the cost of a cruise on RCI Harmony with NCL Epic for Summer 2016. For comparison, I looked at Barcelona Western Med itinerary. On the same date, in an inside cabin for a family of 4.

24th JULY 2016 for 1 week western Med from Barcelona on Harmony

For a family of 4 in a midship inside cabin Category K ... £4512.00

This doesn't include tips or drinks package. I daren't look at the Balcony price!

24th JULY 2016 for 1 week western Med from Barcleona on Epic

For a family of 4 in a midship inside family cabin £3216.00

Not including tips or drinks. I could book a Family Mini Suite with Balcony for less!(£4176.00)

:( I knew Harmony would cost more but this is quite a big difference. Does anyone else think Harmony is expensive or is it just me? Are RCI pricing themselves out of the market? Epic looks like a ship that is a fair competitor for Harmony, surely other families will also make the comparison and decide RCI is just too much to pay? Was Allure priced at a similar level when it went on sale last year? It is around the same price as Harmony at the moment.

Edited by livylotte
typo

Personally I thought the TA prices were relatively competitive. However, I do agree about the Med cruises - they seem very high, verging on extortionate, even in the 'off season' times.

From what I have seen in general the prices are higher and some people are looking elsewhere but judging by the number of people booking today and the categories already showing as sold out, I'd say RCI aren't doing too bad!!

I haven't priced Epic, but I may now. I did compare prices with the Allure of the Seas 2015 sailing, to the same sailing time that I booked for Oct 2016 on the Harmony. It was almost the exact same price.

Okay, just did a quick comparison. I could get a Minisuite or Spa Balcony for $100 less than my Cat K on Harmony. An Aft Facing Balcony on Epic is $500 cheaper, and the family inside room is $1100 cheaper.

Edited by whycruisewhynot

I've just compared the cost of a cruise on RCI Harmony with NCL Epic for Summer 2016. For comparison, I looked at Barcelona Western Med itinerary. On the same date, in an inside cabin for a family of 4.

24th JULY 2016 for 1 week western Med from Barcelona on Harmony

For a family of 4 in a midship inside cabin Category K ... £4512.00

This doesn't include tips or drinks package. I daren't look at the Balcony price!

24th JULY 2016 for 1 week western Med from Barcleona on Epic

For a family of 4 in a midship inside family cabin £3216.00

Not including tips or drinks. I could book a Family Mini Suite with Balcony for less!(£4176.00)

:( I knew Harmony would cost more but this is quite a big difference. Does anyone else think Harmony is expensive or is it just me? Are RCI pricing themselves out of the market? Epic looks like a ship that is a fair competitor for Harmony, surely other families will also make the comparison and decide RCI is just too much to pay? Was Allure priced at a similar level when it went on sale last year? It is around the same price as Harmony at the moment.

Could you possibly say where you see these prices? I can't see these on the RCI UK website at all.

Could you possibly say where you see these prices? I can't see these on the RCI UK website at all.

Are you logging into the C&A section first? They aren't on the main/general search. Once in, hover over 'plan a cruise' and then click on 'search for a cruise' - it is definitely on there :)

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife

I found it via a link someone had posted on here. For some reason whenever I type royalcaribbean.com into my browser it takes me to a different version of RCI's site which is totally rubbish and the advance search/choose a cabin features are not there.

I will try and go back to find it.

Hi Pete,

I booked a B1 cat on the Transatlantic with a today and it came to $1931 with D discount and grats.

Hope you and Patrick are doing well

I found it via a link someone had posted on here. For some reason whenever I type royalcaribbean.com into my browser it takes me to a different version of RCI's site which is totally rubbish and the advance search/choose a cabin features are not there.

I will try and go back to find it.

Yes that's what the .com site does as it redirects you to the .co.uk site and the itineraries have not be updated/loaded there

Yes that's what the .com site does as it redirects you to the .co.uk site and the itineraries have not be updated/loaded there

Forgot to add, that was £200 dearer on the Uk site.

I use a proxy browser to get on the .com site.

Try tunnelbear

Just checked balcony 2 adults going 18th September £2616 without tips etc ... Ouch was gonna do this for our anniversary but priced up carnival new vista ship for 10 nights in a suite for £600 less!! ... I know carnival are not quite the sane but still..... Ouch

Did you book directly on the RCI US site?

I priced the TA in a GS and it was cheaper on the UK site... :confused:

Went through a travel agent. I started using them when they shut the England office.

Its the way 2go. 0800 phone number from Uk

No problems and they have a lot of deals on there web site

Went through a travel agent. I started using them when they shut the England office.

Its the way 2go. 0800 phone number from Uk

No problems and they have a lot of deals on there web site

Oh fair enough, I am all for the best deal! That would explain why it was cheaper too. The current office in Guatemala is enough to do your head in - just look at all the mis-information floating around today - although I am sure it wasn't just from that office.

I actually found a way onto the RCI website without using software... On the homepage of the .co.uk site, right at the very bottom under 'Useful Information' it says 'International Web Sites' - takes me straight to the US site and I can go right through but never tried booking. Might be helpful for anyone who can't doesn't want to download any software :)

Have a great cruise on Harmony!

Just booked for 18th Sep on Harmony, 2 adults 1 child was £2850 which includes drinks package and gratuities (which are apparently free!) on a boardwalk balcony (I am only a gold member C&A). Had these not been included I would have booked NCL Epic but it's still reasonable enough for me to go ahead and now I am really looking forward to it :D

Just booked for 18th Sep on Harmony, 2 adults 1 child was £2850 which includes drinks package and gratuities (which are apparently free!) on a boardwalk balcony (I am only a gold member C&A). Had these not been included I would have booked NCL Epic but it's still reasonable enough for me to go ahead and now I am really looking forward to it :D

Now that looks like a better price! We can't go in September because of the school holidays but I'm liking the drinks package and gratuities :) Did you ring up to book this? There is nothing showing when I go through a dummy booking online.

I read somewhere about deals for 3rd and 4th passenger but they don't seem to be showing up either.

Now that looks like a better price! We can't go in September because of the school holidays but I'm liking the drinks package and gratuities :) Did you ring up to book this? There is nothing showing when I go through a dummy booking online.

I read somewhere about deals for 3rd and 4th passenger but they don't seem to be showing up either.

Yes I rang up for price, below is an extract from an email I got from them today re booking early for the Harmony and it does mention the offer on it, but does state applicable dates so many September is included but summer holidays aren't, definitely worth checking out though, good luck :)

TO BOOK AND FOR MORE INFORMATION

CALL 0844 571 7394

VISIT ROYALCARIBBEAN.CO.UK

CONTACT YOUR LOCAL TRAVEL AGENT

DOWNLOAD OUR BROCHURES