Navigator - dress code actually enforced!

Sure, you won't be refused entrance dressed like that.

But am I the only one who's continually amazed at those who rail at how ridiculous it is to have to wear those uncomfortably hot slacks or khakis on a Caribbean cruise - and then turn around and say they really want to be able to wear - get ready for it - jeans?!?! Really? If you think a nice pair of slacks or khakis are way too hot & uncomfortable for your Caribbean vacation, jeans are definitely worse. I certainly wear jeans here in the winter. But as the heaviest, hottest pants I own, I've never packed them for a tropical vacation & can't imagine why I ever would.

I wear khakis 5 days a week to work. On vacation I don't want to dress like I'm at work. And my jeans are comfy. I'm assuming the heat isn't on in the dining room? Unlikely I'll be outside with jeans. As soon as that meal is over I'm going back to change into shorts.

Im still curious on why someone in shorts affects your meal. Are you really so concerned over their clothing, instead of enjoying the people at your table? Once seated, nobody knows a person is even in shorts..This is quite amusing

Maybe they can give them extra large napkins to cover their legs.

There's no where saying kilts are okay, or are not okay. Go figure

Maybe because it's cultural clothing.

On a cruise to Bermuda on Celebrity, which in the past, was more diligent about enforcing their dress code, shorts were permitted. The caveat was, they were to be longer shorts worn in the Bermuda traditional manner with knee socks, oxford cloth shirt, tie, sports coat and close toed shoes like nice loafers or oxfords.

1510522738_bermudashorts.jpg.ee0d08ca7fb8d9660c848f85f6c4eee3.jpg

:D:o No worries, I won't be "hunking" at you. ;) Thanks for catching that.

I think you are wrong. You think I am wrong. But of course we both know we're right.:D

If you're ever driving up in Ontario feel free to go 110kph. I guarantee you won't get a speeding ticket. That's the OPP's application of the legislature's written 'rule'. ;)

Isn't the speed limit on the 401 - 110K like it is on Alberta's QE II?

Omg, 309 posts and were still debating about someone wearing shorts in the MDR when they were clearly told that subsequent nights if they wore the same attire they would not be granted admission.

Wear what the the heck you like, you think you look great. Others think you look a mess. Who cares?

Personally I'll be carrying at least 5 pairs of dress pants/slacks (trousers for my UK friends) for my upcoming sailings on RCI and Carnival. But that's me.

Just don't sit next to me in shorts, baseball cap and t shirt and expect a conversation, because you won't get one.

If you get turned away for wearing shorts in the MDR.....Just go pay the 40 bucks and enjoy chops. It will be half empty and they won't turn you away.

Ah, you need to check the price of Chops again. Some ships it's now $39 each. Sorry, off topic cut couldn't resist.

BTW, I "live" in shorts (cargo shorts). Have them on right now but unless the rules change will not wear them to the MDR except first night sometimes. Also, not yet mentioned here but sure to stir the flames, they are not welcome in the CL in the evenings. Now, would I wear them if the rules change? Probably. Not sure.

No way I am going to read through this entire thread, but though I agree with others that dress code is not always enforced, I have not only seen it enforced but also been caught being out of code (though I at least did pack a pair of pants).

I know that people want to be as casual as they can, but my advice is to pack at least one pair of pants as you might be in one of those situations where they are enforcing a no-shorts MDR (you know, or should know; it is stated in the doc's - so it is quite possible they will enforce it - and if you are not prepared, you will be here later complaining).

If you get turned away for wearing shorts in the MDR.....Just go pay the 40 bucks and enjoy chops. It will be half empty and they won't turn you away.

Funny, that if you pay MORE, for the SPECIALTY restaurant they don't care how you dress? Fine dining indeed.

Omg, 309 posts and were still debating about someone wearing shorts in the MDR when they were clearly told that subsequent nights if they wore the same attire they would not be granted admission.

Wear what the the heck you like, you think you look great. Others think you look a mess. Who cares?

Personally I'll be carrying at least 5 pairs of dress pants/slacks (trousers for my UK friends) for my upcoming sailings on RCI and Carnival. But that's me.

Just don't sit next to me in shorts, baseball cap and t shirt and expect a conversation, because you won't get one.

Nice guy you are.

Great news! I surely wouldn't want to talk to you!

I take one pair of long pants and wear a different shirt each night.

Would the OP be upset with the police if you have been driving 70 mph in a 55 mph zone and never had been stopped then one day on that same highway while driving 70 a cop pull you over and give you a ticket???? The posted speed limit is 55 and it does not matter if you have never been stopped before but this time you were and you are getting a ticket for driving over the posted speed.

It does not matter how many times you have been let in with shorts on but this time you are not being let in because you wearing something that goes against the posted code.

In both cases there is nothing you can really say or be upset about IMHO! :cool:

You are 100% correct. Just because you've been lucky enough to get away with it before does not negate your responsibility to follow the rules. Nor dies it give you any right to be pissed off at someone for enforcing a rule that has been in place.

Pete, don't listen to these people. You can sit at our table. I don't wear shorts to the MDR either because that's in the contract. If you haven't read it then good luck. One of these days there may be a person in charge that doesn't see anything grey.

Edited by Cruisin Dave