FLL--Renaissance or Embassy Suites?

CathyCruises

I've not stayed at the Hilton marina but have stayed at the other two numerous times and will be staying at the Renaissance again next month even though I live so close to the port.

I really enjoy Embassy suites but personally I feel that the one in Fort Lauderdale really needs the rooms updated. They just get too many people staying there for one night and it never seems totally updated or clean to me. The free breakfast is nice however, as is the night time happy hour if you enjoy cocktails.

The Renaissance just had the rooms renovated and though I haven't been there since November 2014, I enjoyed what they had done to the rooms and they also felt very clean.

For me it would depend on price. I have the Renaissance booked for May at $92/nt.

Even though we have to pay for breakfast it turns out cheaper than Embassy which was $180/nt.

Thanks for the info! How did you get the Renaissance so cheaply? It's $155 on Hotwire right now. . .

Ren, Embassy, Hilton in that order

The Renaissance is in better shape than the other 2 with regards to being remodeled. IMO the staff at the Hilton needs to learn how to clean and be nice to guests...the Embassy is nice since you have the social hour and breakfast, but that's not a deal breaker for me...

My choice would be the same as Megr 's. Embassy can be very hectic. Too we actually don't want to stay in a hotel when we are in Ft L, choosing to drop our bags and head out. So we wouldn't take advantage of the perks included in their high rates which people refer here to being "free". :confused:

(Too if during a school break, we would avoid ES like the plague. ;) )

Can't you stay on the beach somewhere??? Our personal choice is a hotel overlooking beach. Not keen on the atmosphere of 17th St.

But I understand for a one night stay, it might be appealing to those wanting things easy.

Well, we really like the Doubletree Gallery One, close to the mall for restaurants and last minute items, water taxi stop, close to beach, etc.

But in this instance, we arrive at 5PM and are meeting cruise friends for dinner at Bimini Boatyard at 7, getting on the ship the next morning, so that area makes the most sense.

We ARE going to try to get over to Rocco's Tacos for a quick lunch before boarding!! Can't go to FLL without having their guacamole.

• 1 month later...
of the three hotels you are talking about which one is closer to get to las os blvd by taxi

thanks

carol

They are all close together, cab fare to Las Olas isn't going to vary by too much. Might depend on which route the driver takes as well.