Live Review, Freedom OTS, 3/29/15

I just asked at Sky Bar and the lady said prach colada with rum was 12 but I got mine for 10!?!? She also said virgin frozen is 4 or 5 dollars!?!? I doubt that. I am going to check somewhere else. Haven't been to windjammer yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just read on another thread that rumor is Windjammer is no longer open seating, that there is a host to seat people. Have you been to Windjammer and is that simply a rumor?

When we sailed Freedom last year they did indeed have a host seating people but only on embarkation day. It was actually SO much better...because we were encouraged to drop our stuff at the table we were brought to and then get our food.

It was all quite organized and easy.

I just asked at Sky Bar and the lady said prach colada with rum was 12 but I got mine for 10!?!? She also said virgin frozen is 4 or 5 dollars!?!? I doubt that. I am going to check somewhere else. Haven't been to windjammer yet.

Thank you. It is always great to confirm as I know that things can often vary. The last known prices for a virgin frozen drink were about $4.50, but no one knew if they raised the prices on those similar to the alcohol.

We will be in 1804 in a couple of weeks, so any insights you can provide about movement & noise in those deck 12 cabins is appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to bring us all on your vacation... It is greatly appreciated!!!

Could you possibly add a space between photos when posting multiples? It is not too bad with two, but on another thread, when there were six it was difficult to determine ocean from sky from ocean etc from pic to pic. :D

The Embarkation is very organized. We arrived at port about 11:00 and on boat at 11:30! Someone asked about the terminal. Very nice. Here ate some basic photos of the 12th floor deck. Sky Bar very busy! I got a peach colada for $10. Just FYI.

The price actually sounds about the same as last Sept., $8.50 for the drink plus tip plus tax while in port is about $10.00. Or am I missing something?

Chuck

The price actually sounds about the same as last Sept., $8.50 for the drink plus tip plus tax while in port is about $10.00. Or am I missing something?

Chuck

It was actually 10 plus tax etc. it was 12+. Thats probably what she meant by $12. :D

When we sailed Freedom last year they did indeed have a host seating people but only on embarkation day. It was actually SO much better...because we were encouraged to drop our stuff at the table we were brought to and then get our food.

It was all quite organized and easy.

It was the just like that today.

Couple of questions: is there still a Viking Crown (or Olive & Twist) or is it Coastal Kitchen and The Suite Lounge? Which itinerary are you doing?

Thanks for doing a live thread... I will be following with great interest [emoji1]

I just got off the Freedom this morning- Windjammer has the host seating people on embarkation day which is super helpful to have someone help find a seat! It is crowded! Other days/times it was just walk in although there was usually a short line. Note- pretzel rolls are only found at breakfast!

52e74cc9f49872af5b76a4a6f2fc32a5.jpg

Jogging trail turns just short of the solarium.

Thank you so much for the photo. Someone else said there are photos out there, but finding them takes time I don't have.

Love your live updates!

a900cb5310382c7be7c105cb79d580fc.jpg

Today was a little cool with the wind. Waters are a little rough but not bad. However, Aunt Kay has yet to get her sea legs! Tomorrow's forecast is 85 and sunny. Great day to watch the bellyflop and sexiest man alive competitions.

Very keen to hear more about your cruise and especially deck 12. Would love your thoughts on your room and its size as well as the noise level, movement being that it's front of ship and if you would rebook this room. I am looking at a cruise and this very room is available, do you think it would be fine for 3 young adults.