Live Review, Freedom OTS, 3/29/15

Couple of questions: is there still a Viking Crown (or Olive & Twist) or is it Coastal Kitchen and The Suite Lounge? Which itinerary are you doing?

Thanks for doing a live thread... I will be following with great interest [emoji1]

My upcoming Meet and Mingle is scheduled for the Olive or Twist which from memory is in the Viking Crown Area.

Am I reading this wrong, or is the early seating in MDR at 5.30PM? I thought it was at 6....

Cindy

Freedom has had early dinner at 5:30pm since she has been in Port Canaveral.

Thank you for the review :) I will be onboard in 13 days and cant wait!

Is it just a misprint in the Compass that they left off Giovannis Table under specialty dining on day 1?

Per the Compass, it looks like the Mystery Theatre was at Giovanni's last night.

The Embarkation is very organized. We arrived at port about 11:00 and on boat at 11:30! Someone asked about the terminal. Very nice. Here ate some basic photos of the 12th floor deck. Sky Bar very busy! I got a peach colada for $10. Just FYI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm probably not the only one who asked about the terminal, but thanks for reporting, glad to hear that part went well. I think I will shoot for an 11am arrival.

Can you find out if the jogging track still goes around the new rooms on deck 12?

It seems like if it doesn't, the track must be shortened quite a bit.

Thanks for the Freedom thread! We are watching vicariously through your posts. We'll be on Freedom in 286 days.:eek:

I see you were answered about the track going around the new rooms. I'll find out in a few weeks how shortened it is. I'm pretty sure I remember it was 5 laps to a mile previously.

I just read on another thread that rumor is Windjammer is no longer open seating, that there is a host to seat people. Have you been to Windjammer and is that simply a rumor?

I'll watch for other reports, but I've seen them try this on other ships, but they are inconsistent with it. I doubt, but have nothing to support it, that they would find this real hard to do on embarkation day especially.

When we sailed Freedom last year they did indeed have a host seating people but only on embarkation day. It was actually SO much better...because we were encouraged to drop our stuff at the table we were brought to and then get our food.

It was all quite organized and easy.

Good, glad to see this, I'll definitely report back as well. In another reply I said that without any proof I doubted they would do this on embarkation day, but I guess that is when they need it the most. The few times my wife and I don't cooperate with each other is that first lunch in the WJ. I ask her to grab a seat and give me 5 minutes to get what I need then she can go, but she refuses. I would wait for her, but she can take up to 20 minutes picking stuff out. I'm a very slow eater so she would end up waiting for me to finish. So now our routine is I tell her look for me and I have to keep an eye out for her. Freedom's WJ is one of the largest so it can be hard to find someone.

Freedom has had early dinner at 5:30pm since she has been in Port Canaveral.

Really? I am now officially confused. Sailed her in 2011 and our early seating was 6. I'll never understand the logic of cruising :D.

Cindy

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Really? I am now officially confused. Sailed her in 2011 and our early seating was 6. I'll never understand the logic of cruising :D.

Cindy

You're correct, I just checked an old invoice from 2009 and early dinner was 6pm. So it must have changed to 5:30pm more recently than I thought. Sorry for the misinformation.

You're correct, I just checked an old invoice from 2009 and early dinner was 6pm. So it must have changed to 5:30pm more recently than I thought. Sorry for the misinformation.

I hope it changed to 5:30 on other ships. Thanks for un-confusing me :)

Cindy

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

I hope it changed to 5:30 on other ships. Thanks for un-confusing me :)

Cindy

My experience is that 6pm is normal early dinner for most ships, but for whatever reason, Port Canaveral and Galveston have earlier dinner times. Not sure if Enchantment is the same, but for many years Monarch had a 5:45pm early dining time.

I'm probably not the only one who asked about the terminal, but thanks for reporting, glad to hear that part went well. I think I will shoot for an 11am arrival.

There were people on earlier than myself if you want to get there earlier!

Can you post the activities pages for afternoons and evenings as well as just the dining section? I will be sailing her April 12

My Iphone 6plus has just started taking very blurry pix. I can only get non blurry when I do real close up. Someone at the Meet and Mingle said their phone did this too and they had to take the phone back! So frustrated! I have my Ipad here, so need to see if I can switchmy internet to that device. But I will post some bits and pieces if not. I am also having trouble getting the GoPro photos onto the Gopro App. It's an internet thing, cause I was able to do at home. So sorry!

My Iphone 6plus has just started taking very blurry pix. I can only get non blurry when I do real close up. Someone at the Meet and Mingle said their phone did this too and they had to take the phone back! So frustrated! I have my Ipad here, so need to see if I can switchmy internet to that device. But I will post some bits and pieces if not. I am also having trouble getting the GoPro photos onto the Gopro App. It's an internet thing, cause I was able to do at home. So sorry!

I hope this isn't insulting, but going from AC out into the caribbean air can fog up those lenses quickly and it isn't always easy to see.

I hope this isn't insulting, but going from AC out into the caribbean air can fog up those lenses quickly and it isn't always easy to see.

Not insulting at all! I can take good pictures up close. Any other whether I am in or out is very blurry. Just moving out a little on the daily compass goes from clear to blurry real quick! Thanks though.

There have been internet reports of blurry photos from iPhone 6 that can't be fixed (after reboots, resets, hard resets, etc.). Speculation is that it is related to the new optical image stabilization capability. For what it's worth, here's what Apple suggests on their web site. You might get lucky with step #3 or #5. Since close ups work for you, I'm guessing not. Good luck.

Your photos are blurred or out of focus

If your photos are blurred, out of focus, or have dark spots, try these steps:

1. Make sure that the camera lens is clean. If you need to clean the lens, use a microfiber cloth. If you see dirt or debris inside the lens, take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Authorized Service Provider for more help.
  2. Make sure that there’s nothing blocking the camera lens. If you’re using a case, try removing it.
  3. With iPhone 6 Plus, a metallic case or magnetic lens could interfere with optical image stabilization. If you have a metallic case or magnetic lens attachment, try taking a picture without it. Then compare the quality.
  4. Adjust the focus by tapping on the person or object in the preview screen. You’ll see the screen pulse or briefly go in and out of focus as the camera adjusts. In photo mode, try to stay steady when adjusting the focus. If you move too far in any direction, the camera will automatically refocus to the center. In video mode, you can adjust the focus before you begin recording.
  5. If the color seems too bright, or you see double-exposures of moving objects, make sure that HDR is set to Auto or Off. Tap HDR at the top of the screen to choose a different setting.