Live Review, Freedom OTS, 3/29/15

I was not aware of the Island. We were sat there the first night. So just requested our waiter for Monday night. Tonight, (tues), we didn't go at our given time of 7:45. We went at 6:20. He said "your waiter is not available at this time but he will be at about 7:15.". So it seems, they noted where we wanted to sit for future seatings.

Thanks so much!

By the way, I have been to all the 9 o'clock shows. These 3 have been amazing, even better than Oasis. The first night was a taste of the comedian, acrobatics and band. Acrobatics are fabulous. Monday nite was Marquee. This was a compilation of songs from Broadway including Phantom of the Opera, (my favorite). Tonight was Drew Thomas from Americas Got Talent. Awesome Magician. He said he was going to post a picture of the crowd on his FB. He also has a Magic Trick from the Helicopter pad on FOTS on his FB, Twitter, etc if you want to see it.

Does anyone know if Drew will be on FOS this summer? We are sailing out July 19th.

9c1be4085f9081e2e9eed0e2331d422b.jpg

Yesterday in Grand Cayman we signed up for the Barrier Reef Snorkel and Stingray City. Unfortunately the snorkel part was cancelled due to strong current. My aunt said she was not going to swim with stingrays, but she did!

The weather was awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First, I want to apologize for the not so live review! I misjudged my patience dealing with finicky Internet. I do have a few things to mention. (I hope a few! [emoji4])

1. This is the best ship I have ever been on! Including Oasis.

2. I never experienced any waits for anything. (Except sprinkles and bingo sales. [emoji3]

3. The best cruise director ever:Casey Pelter (very entertaining and witty!). Understandable. Actually watched his shows on the tv!

4. Donna (waitress) at Giovanni's Table is a fabulous waitress and obviously loves her job. I have eaten at Chops before. YUM! But this is my first time to eat at Giovanni's. It was absolutely my favorite! Starting with the warm fresh bread with oil and vinegar to the very yummy Cannoli! The filet mignonette in Chops is as good if not better than Chops.

5. Outstanding comedians and shows! Seriously, the best ones I've seen. The shows are no longer than an hour. That is as long as I want to spend sitting indoors on a cruise.

6. I did not enjoy the food in the dining room. I may have said this before but I am pretty sure we will have to pay in the future for great food. Oh well, maybe the new dining rooms will be different.

7. Did not eat at Sabors. We ate at Sabors on Oasis and it was just ok. On Oasis it is A' la carte. Freedom it is $25; same as Giovanni's. (no brainier.)

8. Very, very clean. Everywhere.

9. Jess in spa, awesome. Firm but not too firm. I get massages often and everywhere I go. Jess is one of the very best!

10. Best excursion: 3 reef snorkel in Cozumel. The guides really know where to find the fish!

11. I would not do Dunns River Falls. Glad I did it, but way too crowded! My calves hurt for 2 days after. Saw some people bite the dust (water) several times too. I have gone to Mayfield Falls in Jamaica and much better and only ran into a few other people. Someone on our Roll Call mentioned doing the Blue Hole excursion. It is not through RC which is scary to me. However, I looked it up before my cruise and looks like something I will try next time after getting the name of the excursion group. I did LOVE the dolphin encounter that is just across the street from Dunns River.

12. In Grand Cayman we did Stingray City and Barrier Reef Snorkel. The snorkel part was cancelled. Stingray City was very crowded. Water was very rough too that day. I would do again, but I love stingrays.

13. Haiti - definitely zip line!

14. Already wanting to book my next Freedom cruise!

Any questions are welcome!

Thanks for the review and pictures! Do you recall what day/time the welcome back party was for gold c&a members? I only remember seeing it listed for diamond on the ones you posted unless I missed it

Thanks for the review and pictures! Do you recall what day/time the welcome back party was for gold c&a members? I only remember seeing it listed for diamond on the ones you posted unless I missed it

Not Lee - but if I remember correctly it was the first formal night. No Invites in the room just listed in the compass.

the diamond, diamond plus pinnacle event was not well attended. I think maybe 30 people showed up.

Going back to the Windjammer questions about no open sitting - if you are diamond or diamond plus you can sit in Giovanni's suites and pinnacle can eat in Chops for breakfast. I want to say it was also open for lunch seating when we were in port. But the Windjammer was not crowded for lunch.

It just occurred to me, looking at the Compasses, that it appears that there is no live music, anywhere in the evening, until 10PM! Can this be correct? We will be on the Freedom May 17th and we love to have a drink before dinner and listen to music and perhaps dance a little after. Is there really no music in any of the lounges during the evening? Marilyn

It just occurred to me, looking at the Compasses, that it appears that there is no live music, anywhere in the evening, until 10PM! Can this be correct? We will be on the Freedom May 17th and we love to have a drink before dinner and listen to music and perhaps dance a little after. Is there really no music in any of the lounges during the evening? Marilyn

Looks like it varies greatly day to day. The compass in post 128 shows music and dancing a lot earlier than other days.

First, I want to apologize for the not so live review! I misjudged my patience dealing with finicky Internet. I do have a few things to mention. (I hope a few! [emoji4])

1. This is the best ship I have ever been on! Including Oasis.

2. I never experienced any waits for anything. (Except sprinkles and bingo sales. [emoji3]

3. The best cruise director ever:Casey Pelter (very entertaining and witty!). Understandable. Actually watched his shows on the tv!

4. Donna (waitress) at Giovanni's Table is a fabulous waitress and obviously loves her job. I have eaten at Chops before. YUM! But this is my first time to eat at Giovanni's. It was absolutely my favorite! Starting with the warm fresh bread with oil and vinegar to the very yummy Cannoli! The filet mignonette in Chops is as good if not better than Chops.

5. Outstanding comedians and shows! Seriously, the best ones I've seen. The shows are no longer than an hour. That is as long as I want to spend sitting indoors on a cruise.

6. I did not enjoy the food in the dining room. I may have said this before but I am pretty sure we will have to pay in the future for great food. Oh well, maybe the new dining rooms will be different.

7. Did not eat at Sabors. We ate at Sabors on Oasis and it was just ok. On Oasis it is A' la carte. Freedom it is $25; same as Giovanni's. (no brainier.)

8. Very, very clean. Everywhere.

9. Jess in spa, awesome. Firm but not too firm. I get massages often and everywhere I go. Jess is one of the very best!

10. Best excursion: 3 reef snorkel in Cozumel. The guides really know where to find the fish!

11. I would not do Dunns River Falls. Glad I did it, but way too crowded! My calves hurt for 2 days after. Saw some people bite the dust (water) several times too. I have gone to Mayfield Falls in Jamaica and much better and only ran into a few other people. Someone on our Roll Call mentioned doing the Blue Hole excursion. It is not through RC which is scary to me. However, I looked it up before my cruise and looks like something I will try next time after getting the name of the excursion group. I did LOVE the dolphin encounter that is just across the street from Dunns River.

12. In Grand Cayman we did Stingray City and Barrier Reef Snorkel. The snorkel part was cancelled. Stingray City was very crowded. Water was very rough too that day. I would do again, but I love stingrays.

13. Haiti - definitely zip line!

14. Already wanting to book my next Freedom cruise!

Any questions are welcome!

Thank you for your time and effort to share with us. It had to be a pain and we do appreciate the effort.

It is a shame you had to change your cruise date. It looks like our Apr. 12 cruise is going to be a lot of laughs.

Chuck

Edited by Redgem

• 6 months later...