Best Neptune suite Westerdam

hcij2015

Depends very much on what you want most out of a Neptune Suite.

There are three principal choices: Midships on deck 7 (SA); midships on deck 6 (SB) and aft wraps.

If you want to be close to the Neptune Lounge, and intend to make regular use of its facilities, then the SA's are the best choice.

If you don't care about proximity, and you want balcony space more than cabin space, then aft wraps are great (plus the balconies are more sheltered while underway). However, if you are in heavy seas, you may feel more movement at the end of the ship.

SB's on Deck 6 put you a little farther away from the Neptune Lounge, but give you the advantage of a slightly lower fare.

Is there a big difference in the interior space of the NS between the aft wraps and the SA's?

There is, you give up some space in your cabin for a very large outside deck on the aft wraped SB's. The deck space is awesome on those cabins. The regular SA cabins going down the sides of the ship have larger cabins with less deck. So it is a trade off.

We liked 5190 (5191 is mirror image) on verandah deck. Fully covered (keeps you out of the rain in Alaska!!) and huge balcony with side and aft views. We didn't care that the suite itself may have been a bit smaller - we didn't even notice. A little more of a walk to the Neptune lounge, but that didn't bother us.

If you book a Neptune Suite, suggest you book one on the Port Side.

We had one on deck 7 in 2013 and the Captain favours the port side of the ship as you come to Margerie Glacier. We spent a good 30 minutes in front of the glacier. You can see pictures of it in my Trip Review that is in my signature.

We had an aft facing view once and did not care for it.

We always book "SA" Suites. I like mid-ship location.

It's all personal preference. There isn't a significantly 'better' one.

My personal preference for Alaska is starboard but I don't have a cabin recommendation. I am one who spends most of my time on deck when there are glaciers to be seen, so whether the ship spends more time with one side facing a glacier doesn't matter to me.

We like the aft wraps, especially deck 5 ones with the huge verandas, on cruises with good scenery opportunities (like Alaska and the Panama Canal). Otherwise, I like being near the Neptune Lounge, with my favorite location between it and the midship elevator (but not right next to the elevator.

We always go for aft-wraps 5190/5191--totally covered, best views. In fact we would have missed the best glacier we have ever seen in 2013 because the ship was directly stern-to to the glacier. DW will only let me book those two cabins. Not available--pick a different date!

We always go for aft-wraps 5190/5191--totally covered, best views. In fact we would have missed the best glacier we have ever seen in 2013 because the ship was directly stern-to to the glacier. DW will only let me book those two cabins. Not available--pick a different date!

Amen.

It certainly sound as if - like the food - balcony location is totally subjective.:D No right or wrong, just your preference. Personally, I'd prefer midship, and I am definitely of the opinion that in places like Alaska and the Panama, you need to view from various places on the ship, not just stick to your balcony, wherever it may be.

Thanx every one. Deciding tonight.

SB5191 is a mirror image of SB5190 just in the other corner of the ship so both are ideal cabins.

They are usually the first to be booked so don't be surprised if they are not available.

I am also considering an aft wrap and the date we are looking at in 2016 has them on several different decks. Are the other decks covered like 5190?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Not the same. Deck 5 is fully covered. Deck 4 is about 1/3d covered. Decks 6, 7, and 8 are about 2/3d covered. Note that the side portion of the verandahs are fully covered.

• 4 weeks later...
We like the aft wraps, especially deck 5 ones with the huge verandas, on cruises with good scenery opportunities (like Alaska and the Panama Canal). Otherwise, I like being near the Neptune Lounge, with my favorite location between it and the midship elevator (but not right next to the elevator.

Dave....we are going to be right next to the midship elevator, one cabin forward in port side NS 7066. I know the elevator traffic will be able to see the front of our verandah and that we may have some extra light when the elevator passes at night. Any tips for surviving a poorly located cabin? How bad will it be with noise right by the elevators?

7066 was the best of what was left when the upsell came in.....in my opinion.....3 cabin lengths from the concierge desk in the Neptune Lounge.

Dave....we are going to be right next to the midship elevator, one cabin forward in port side NS 7066. I know the elevator traffic will be able to see the front of our verandah and that we may have some extra light when the elevator passes at night. Any tips for surviving a poorly located cabin? How bad will it be with noise right by the elevators?

7066 was the best of what was left when the upsell came in.....in my opinion.....3 cabin lengths from the concierge desk in the Neptune Lounge.

Hard to say what to do. I would keep an eye on the cabins available on the website in case a Neptune comes up and then ask to swap if it does. Otherwise, I would call HAL or my TA and ask if there is a better cabin available (even if it does not show up on the website).

I would not worry to much about the cabin you have - yes it does have some negatives, but then the positive is that it is right by the elevators with good access to anyway on the ship.