Bev Pkg in Specialty Restaurants?

sheff29

Love the new menu posted for Bistro on Five, and excited to try out Qsine on our upcoming Summit cruise next week. Question....

Will the Premium Alcohol Beverage Package be accepted in the Specialty restaurants?

Be aware that Qsine has some specialty drinks that are not covered by any package.

On that note. Can you get normal drinks in Qsine? Or are you restricted to the special drinks they serve ?

Edited by Cruise Junky

Both Classic and Premium packages are available in all specialty restaurants. One or two waiters especially in Murano have been known to look down their noses at customers with Classic packages but the sommeliers are cool. They will provide you drinks to fit your needs.

On that note. Can you get normal drinks in Qsine? Or are you restricted to the special drinks they serve ?

The only drinks not covered by the premium package is the cocktails/drinks on the actual qsine menu... They are kind of like a drinks course so part of the whole experience so they are chargeable..

All normal drinks etc are covered & included within the $ limits...

I'm sure your Enjoy qsine it's one of our favourite [emoji39]

Both Classic and Premium packages are available in all specialty restaurants. One or two waiters especially in Murano have been known to look down their noses at customers with Classic packages but the sommeliers are cool. They will provide you drinks to fit your needs.

Thank you for this information!

Have just returned from Solstice and can tell you that the selection even for the premium package is very limited in the specialty restaurants. You can ask for wines you know are included elsewhere , but many are not on the wine list in the restaurant list handed to you . ( espescially in Murano ). The wine by the glass list is miserly. This is a shame really as it does impact on the overall experience in my opinion. Wine and food should be celebrated together in harmony ,the offerings from the Premium and obviously Classic packages mean that unless you are prepared to pay the add on price above the limit , the dining experience is compromised . I would have thought a $15 per glass limit should provide plenty of scope for a reasonable wine list - it ceratainly does on land.

I always take the Ultimate Dining package and have never been looked down at ever in Murano, they are always polite and courteous and will provide a wine to suit your package. Classic maybe limited but fine for us.

It's definitely accepted but there isn't much choice that is completely covered under the plan. You might have to pay $2 or so for a glass.

Warning...if you have the classic beverage package, you must pay the full amount of a drink outside the price limit, not the difference. This does not apply to the premium package....with this package, you pay the difference.

Maybe we've always just been lucky but when I can't find something on the provided Specialty restaurant list I just ask the Sommelier for a Pinot Grigio or Sauv Blanc within my package limit (only ever had classic) and they've always been able to supply me with a nice choice. Most times they'll bring the bottle and leave it to the side and refill my glass more often than I sometimes even want:D Don't have to go by the list provided...the sommeliers know whats available and are happy to accomodate if you're polite and respectful.

Maybe we've always just been lucky but when I can't find something on the provided Specialty restaurant list I just ask the Sommelier for a Pinot Grigio or Sauv Blanc within my package limit (only ever had classic) and they've always been able to supply me with a nice choice. Most times they'll bring the bottle and leave it to the side and refill my glass more often than I sometimes even want:D Don't have to go by the list provided...the sommeliers know whats available and are happy to accomodate if you're polite and respectful.

Thanks for the helpful tip! I love a good Sauvignon Blanc, but even a less expensive one tastes just fine when the location is great.

When I was on the Reflection 3/6/15, the Tuscan Grille had an expanded wine menu. There were many red wines by the glass that I noticed were not on any other menu I encountered in the previous 6 nights. I was able to order these using the premium package with no fuss.

Hi there, just back from Solstice and wanted to come back and post some info based on our experience.

We had no issues at all using the premium package in either of the specialty restaurants. There was quite a large selection available to us in Silks and Tuscan. At Murano, we had quite a few to pick from but opted to go some wine a few dollars more than our allowance and just paid the difference.

Quite a lot that can also be purchased by the bar at cellar masters, and of course the molecular bar was amazing and a drink is an event in itself.

A little disappointed in the craft / premium beers which were included in the premium package and on bar menus as they never seemed to have much stock of these.

We had the premium package which was for us very well worth the upgrade. We are not huge drinkers but on holidays we do like to have a nice cocktail or wine before or after dinner, try new drinks, have a cappuccino or a sparkling water.

To be honest, the cost of the upgrade is normally approx $12US per day. If you can afford it I definitely would go for it as it really makes a difference. It is a lot of easier to order a cocktail, beer or wine as most are included in the premium package.

The great thing about the premium package as well is that if you do decide to treat yourself to a wine that is a little more in cost, you only pay the cost difference between the beverage allowance and the cost of the glass. Whereas with the classic package, you would need to pay the full cost.

Hope this helps a bit!

Keep an eye out for a review on Celebrity forum hopefully later this week!

Edited by LuckiePuris