Question about AI Drinks Package

I understand that they will not serve you more than one drink at a time however, my question is if i were to wish to enjoy drinks in my cabin would they deliver say 2-3 beers or so while im getting ready or just hanging out in my cabin? or is that a no and i would have to go back to the bar to grab another drink?

I understand that they will not serve you more than one drink at a time however, my question is if i were to wish to enjoy drinks in my cabin would they deliver say 2-3 beers or so while i'm getting ready or just hanging out in my cabin? or is that a no and i would have to go back to the bar to grab another drink?

The package does not include room service. Here is the text in part from the Princess website:

..."This package is available for consumption at all bars, public areas and dining venues (not room service and excludes mini bar items). Price includes service charge."

so then my question would be would they give me two glasses of wine to consume in my cabin ?

sometimes i take my time getting ready for dinner - and i mean take my time lol upwards 2 hours - now thats not all spent primping (more or less day dreaming and doddling!) lol

We did the AI during our Christmas cruise. You can only order 1 drink at a time. If you wanted a couple of drinks in your cabin I guess you could stop at another bar on the way up or just drop back down for a refill. We usually picked up a Grand Marnier on the way back to our stateroom to enjoy on the balcony before retiring for the night. By that time one night cap was enough :D

so then my question would be would they give me two glasses of wine to consume in my cabin ?

sometimes i take my time getting ready for dinner - and i mean take my time lol upwards 2 hours - now thats not all spent primping (more or less day dreaming and doddling!) lol

One glass at a time. Why not bring wine for consumption in your cabin? Or, with the package, you can get a bottle "to go" at 40% off....

I understand that they will not serve you more than one drink at a time however, my question is if i were to wish to enjoy drinks in my cabin would they deliver say 2-3 beers or so while im getting ready or just hanging out in my cabin? or is that a no and i would have to go back to the bar to grab another drink?

My husband and I have done the AI Beverage package twice now. Both on the Royal. The bartenders in Crooner's after a few days were very good at letting us 'pick up' multiple beers and/or wine to take back to our cabin. We usually signed multiple slips if I remember right but no big deal.

My husband and I have done the AI Beverage package twice now. Both on the Royal. The bartenders in Crooner's after a few days were very good at letting us 'pick up' multiple beers and/or wine to take back to our cabin. We usually signed multiple slips if I remember right but no big deal.

Must admit our bar tender were very accommodating :)

My husband did the package on the Sapphire in January. He would get 2 beers at a time for the cabin. Also the top bars gave him small bottles of wine for the cabin. In the dining room, they would give him and his friend who also had the package, 2 glasses of wine at a time. I guess it saved them time. Hubby would buy me the bottles of wine at the 40% off and I would drink these over a few nights. I think it does depend on the waiter at the time.

i just dont want to have to run out to grab a drink half way through installing my face ;) that could be a scary situation for some passengers!!!

You also don't want to drink so much that you get your face "installed" crooked :eek:

We order from the Princess Gift page. The bottle of Cognac, Vodka and Wine will be in our stateroom when we get there. That way we can take our drink or wine with us when we leave the room. We will pick up mixers before we get on the ship or during a port stop. Easy Peasy!

We order from the Princess Gift page. The bottle of Cognac, Vodka and Wine will be in our stateroom when we get there. That way we can take our drink or wine with us when we leave the room. We will pick up mixers before we get on the ship or during a port stop. Easy Peasy!

But I doubt you would do that if you purchased the All Inclusive Beverage package as the OP plans to do.

Is it better for a UK passenger to purchase a drinks package before sailing or whilst on board, and if you do buy in advance do they simply add it to you on board account on a daily basis or do you have to pay in advance? The reason I'm asking is that the exchange rate they are currently offering for pre purchase of OBC is far better that the rate you can get at a bank or foreign exchange...

Is it better for a UK passenger to purchase a drinks package before sailing or whilst on board, and if you do buy in advance do they simply add it to you on board account on a daily basis or do you have to pay in advance? The reason I'm asking is that the exchange rate they are currently offering for pre purchase of OBC is far better that the rate you can get at a bank or foreign exchange...

If you order it in advance, you pay at the time that you order it.

If you purchase it on the ship, the cost will go to your onboard account for which you could have bought OBC in advance which would cover all or part of the cost.