Coffee Makers in Balcony Cabins?

I will be on the Pearl in August and thought I saw pictures of a coffee maker in balcony cabins. Is this correct? Do they supply coffee?

I ask because of all this talk of room service charges. We always order coffee in the mornings thru room service before heading to breakfast. I don't want to pay $8 for coffee. :cool:

They still do, up to last Saturday, on our Breakaway cruise, for free w. coffee (CLR Roaster, name of brand) & setup - being the test platform for NCL - subject to change w/o notice, of course ...

Sorry about being non-specific for the Pearl. Have a nice cruise ;)

** We always travel with an insulated mug (rated to 160 deg. F after 6 hours) & our preferred branded coffee 3-n-1 mix.

I am happy then!! I will send DH up to get pastries while I lounge on my balcony with a hot cup of coffee... lol. Well, that probably won't happen, but one can dream!! :D

Thanks!!!!

that is exactly what we plan to do and if you have a really nice cabin steward he will leave you extra coffee each day.

First morning I made coffee and it was awful as most reported. A couple of days later I made it again using leftover bottled water. It was good coffee. I'm guessing the water from the bathroom is not filtered. So if you want coffee in your cabin I suggest bringing some bottled water.

First morning I made coffee and it was awful as most reported. A couple of days later I made it again using leftover bottled water. It was good coffee. I'm guessing the water from the bathroom is not filtered. So if you want coffee in your cabin I suggest bringing some bottled water.

Thanks!!! We will do that.

the water from the bathroom is filtered the same as the water you get from the restaurants and is drinkable

Most likely your coffee machine had not been used by the previous occupants. We always give ours a run through with just water before making a brew.

Most likely your coffee machine had not been used by the previous occupants. We always give ours a run through with just water before making a brew.

That is a great idea. I know we have never had, what I would call awful coffee in the cabin.I am not a coffee snob, so maybe I just don't know the good stuff, but if it is hot, fresh and has a little caffine in it, I am fine.

I take my own coffee and filters now. And in 15 NCL cruises (balconies and minis) we've always had a coffee maker. On the Getaway, it was a single cup thing though.

What kind of filter should I pack for the jade ( mini suite). ?

I'm one of those pesky tea drinkers that don't like coffee and even at a push I can't use a teabag in hot water that's gone through the coffee machine. Is it worth thinking about taking a small travel kettle or are there alternatives? It's possibly a little OTT to drag a kettle all the way from Scotland. :eek: I'm in a B6.

I will be on the Pearl in August and thought I saw pictures of a coffee maker in balcony cabins. Is this correct? Do they supply coffee?

I ask because of all this talk of room service charges. We always order coffee in the mornings thru room service before heading to breakfast. I don't want to pay $8 for coffee. :cool:

The room service charge right now is only on the Breakaway and Getaway. I doubt it will be fleet wide by August. Also the charge is UP TO $7.95 not a flat rate $7.95 for everything. So I would think coffee would still be complimentary, or just a very small charge.

Edited by NMLady

The room service charge right now is only on the Breakaway and Getaway. I doubt it will be fleet wide by August. Also the charge is UP TO $7.95 not a flat rate $7.95 for everything. So I would think coffee would still be complimentary, or just a very small charge.

Thanks for letting me know!!

I'm one of those pesky tea drinkers that don't like coffee and even at a push I can't use a teabag in hot water that's gone through the coffee machine. Is it worth thinking about taking a small travel kettle or are there alternatives? It's possibly a little OTT to drag a kettle all the way from Scotland. :eek: I'm in a B6.

My DH is also a tea drinker. I will suggest bringing your own tea bags. Didn't matter where he got tea, dinning room, buffet, cabin, he thought it was awful. The coffee makers are those little pod things and easy to clean to get rid of the coffee taste. But tea bags are bad.