Alaska on Millenium...must see and dos?

No idea how to suggest things other than excursions if you already booked those. Icy Point has only excursions. Skagway has lots of other things to do but most require a car - Sourdough Car Rentals is really the only place. The issue with the other towns is excursions go to all the best places. The difference being Totem Bight Park and the muesum are about $1 per person on the city bus vs. about $40 on an excursion.

Suggest you go to your rollcall and others for the Millenium as that is where this discussion should take place.

Thank you for your response. I was mostly asking for little known secrets, or what I must do and/or eat on the ship as well as some of the best viewing spots, best lounge, music, fun....that kind of thing...maybe a cute place to eat at one of the ports, or something....basically anything that is worth making sure not to miss.

We have the excursions down, but aside from excursions what are the must dos and sees either in Alaska or on the Millenium? 48 more days and I can NOT wait!

I'd love to hear what excursions you have booked - we are the same cruise in 2016 and I'm just starting to wade through the options. Thanks! :D

It has been a number of years but I distinctly remember awesome fried halibut sandwiches at the end of the peer in Ketchikan. Yum.

Halibut appears to be seasonal. We ate fish and chips at every stop once we discovered that the fish was halibut. It was delicious!

I don't remember which port, but one of them has a lumberjack show that was really good. It was corny, but a lot of fun. My favorite sport is jousting if that give you some idea of my taste.

Tracy's Crab Shack in Juneau serves up the best crab I have EVER tasted. It's just beyond the check point at the pier and worth a stop. I had the Alaskan King crab leg ( about 25 USD ) and worth every penny.