How often does Royal offer BOGO 1/2 off

I really had no intention of cruising this year due to my dogs' medical bills but a friend mentioned this sale at dinner the other night and I found a great southern itinerary for what I would normally pay on Carnival (out of SJU). I was wondering, since I am not a frequent RC patron, if someone could tell me if this is like a once a year sale or more like a once every 5 year sale?

There has been some sort BOGO 1/2 off sale since May of 2014...who knows if and when it might end

Really? Wth have I been? Their website says it ends 4/30; so does it always have a date and it gets extended?

I am so tempted to just book and put and put a deposit down but with my dogs health, I always buy cruise insurance so I'd have to put any-time cancel insurance as well. But still...the cruise already went up $175 in one day!!!

The sale has been going on for some time. Depending on when you want to cruise, you can put a deposit down and cancel before final payment without penalty

Yes, but then if I have to cancel after final payment, I can't unless I purchased insurance within a few days of deposit (and it has to have the cancel for any reason clause).

Penn State huh? Watching the Final Four tonight?

Yes, but then if I have to cancel after final payment, I can't unless I purchased insurance within a few days of deposit (and it has to have the cancel for any reason clause).

Penn State huh? Watching the Final Four tonight?

Not if you purchase insurance through RCL, which has CFAR coverage on all of its policies.

Not if you purchase insurance through RCL, which has CFAR coverage on all of its policies.

Thank you for telling me that CFAR was standard with their policies. I said screw it and made my deposit today....now I have 5 months until final payment and will keep my fingers crossed for my pup!

They are not all the same. This one does not offer on board credits, the previous one did. However this one does offer the BOGO on the Premium Drink package but you cannot add that to a booking on the previous sale as prices went up and you lose your onboard credit. So everyone of them has some type of tweak to it.

When one BOGO ends, another appears.

We booked a couple of cruises last year when it first started. When it was legitimate BOGO. I got a great deal on my New England/Canada cruise. Now it just sees like they have raised the prices to "lower" them.

I am comparing my Brilliance cruise from this past October to the same one for this coming October and the one in 2015 is $500 more than what we paid for our trip in 2014.

I remember the days when they only did a WOW sale for a few days in May and another one in October and that was it!!