Navigator of the Seas NEVER again

Mj99

Well since the original poster has not had the nerve to make their claims and got everyone else all in an uproar, I think its time for the moderators to take this thread off the list.

Smitty

He said he would post when he returned home. Navigator didn't arrive until this morning. We may not see anything until later today or even tomorrow.

You can disembark at the next port and fly home at your own expense.

Still onboard and can't wait to get off this ship. More details to follow once we're home. Worst service ever. Do not waste your money on a suite as there are no real perks as on other RCCI ships. Food is always room temp or cold and not prepared well. Most of the crew are not friendly and do their best to ignore you in the dining areas. Some are actually rude. Shocking experience compared to our last cruise on Voyager in November.

Still onboard and can't wait to get off this ship. More details to follow once we're home. Worst service ever. Do not waste your money on a suite as there are no real perks as on other RCCI ships. Food is always room temp or cold and not prepared well. Most of the crew are not friendly and do their best to ignore you in the dining areas. Some are actually rude. Shocking experience compared to our last cruise on Voyager in November.
No facts, just rants and complaints, feel sorry for the crew that comes in contact with you....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have just booked Navigator of Next October Canaries, saw this thread title and thought 'oh no what have I done' ! Why would anyone do this. Glad to see all the positive comments though so at least I got something out of following it.

Just read the reviews you have nothing to be worried about, we sail in just 14 days in a GS

I think the OP may be a one-post-wonder and not coming back. Started a thread knowing it would cause a stir. Now OP is sitting back and laughing at the reaction here. Has nothing better to do I guess.

I think the OP may be a one-post-wonder and not coming back. Started a thread knowing it would cause a stir. Now OP is sitting back and laughing at the reaction here. Has nothing better to do I guess.

You are such a skeptic. Shame on you. OP is clearly upset enough to interrupt his / her vacation to report on the terrible conditions on board. I mean, poor OP is enduring conditions worse than a Syrian refugee camp, at the hands of a staff far worse than ISIS. Clearly we need to take OP super seriously!!!

Well since the original poster has not had the nerve to make their claims and got everyone else all in an uproar, I think its time for the moderators to take this thread off the list.

Smitty

Really?

No, please don't remove it yet.

Some of us have been waiting for an update, and the OP just got off the ship this morning. The OP DID say they would come back after they got home to explain.....let's see.

Just booked Navigator for Dec 6, 2015 since it will be in Fort Lauderdale then! Fantastic rate!!!

Peter

Peter, you cruise so much I'm sure RCI pays you by now lol

It will be in Fort Lauderdale, but when it returns in Nov 2016, it will be in Miami. At least, we're booked on the transatlantic Nov 2016 from Southampton to Miami!

Are you still doing the Harmony TA?

If I were the OP, I'd never return after receiving all the negative, insulting comments for one short post. I can only imagine what s/he would be subjected to after describing what the areas of dissatisfaction are.

Some people do have bad experiences on a cruise. I've has a few, but the way the cruise line handled them made the difference between a satisfied return cruiser and a dissatisfied poster who tells the world of my dissatisfaction.

I know there are many posters on CC who love cruising and find merely being on a ship makes them happy. Not everyone feels that way. When people spend thousands of dollars on a vacation, they have a right to expect a great deal more than a Syrian refugee camp.

Smitty

Or you could just stop reading and the rest of us can stick around if we so choose.

I do hope OP returns. Sometimes there are very real service issues that aren't able to be resolved onboard. That sort of information is beneficial to the community as a whole. Reading through many, not all, but many of the comments is very saddening. Too many trigger happy, hateful people.

You are such a skeptic. Shame on you. OP is clearly upset enough to interrupt his / her vacation to report on the terrible conditions on board. I mean, poor OP is enduring conditions worse than a Syrian refugee camp, at the hands of a staff far worse than ISIS. Clearly we need to take OP super seriously!!!

Oh brother....:rolleyes:

If I were the OP, I'd never return after receiving all the negative, insulting comments for one short post. I can only imagine what s/he would be subjected to after describing what the areas of dissatisfaction are.

Some people do have bad experiences on a cruise. I've has a few, but the way the cruise line handled them made the difference between a satisfied return cruiser and a dissatisfied poster who tells the world of my dissatisfaction.

I know there are many posters on CC who love cruising and find merely being on a ship makes them happy. Not everyone feels that way. When people spend thousands of dollars on a vacation, they have a right to expect a great deal more than a Syrian refugee camp.

Requesting more details when he puts up barely enough to understand what happened, isn't unfair. I love cruising and anything that I have had disappoint me was handled onboard....yes, the initial issue that caused the problem can't be undone, but it can be prevented from happening again, while on board, if it is a justifiable issue.

We cruise in May on NOS and I am super excited about it. We have only cruised on Rhapsody in the past so this will really feel like going from a boat to a ship. We have NEVER had a bad experience on any of Royal's ships that we have been on. Think positive and it will be great.

We got off the Navigator this, same as Mj99, I don't know what ship they were on because we had incredible service and very friendly and helpful crew. My only complaint would have been that the food in the dining room wasn't up to what I had heard (this was my first cruise and my husband's first in about 30 years), and the portions were a bit small. Our server and server assistant were VERY friendly and helpful, they knew our names even when we saw them outside the dining room. The crew could have been seen as rude near the end of the cruise, always getting you to sanitize your hands, but we had a Noroviris breakout on board so they were trying to keep it from spreading, completely understandable.

We were treated like gold, and we would definitely cruise on that ship again. I don't know what the problem was but we sure didn't see any.

Helen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We got off the Navigator this, same as Mj99, I don't know what ship they were on because we had incredible service and very friendly and helpful crew. My only complaint would have been that the food in the dining room wasn't up to what I had heard (this was my first cruise and my husband's first in about 30 years), and the portions were a bit small. Our server and server assistant were VERY friendly and helpful, they knew our names even when we saw them outside the dining room. The crew could have been seen as rude near the end of the cruise, always getting you to sanitize your hands, but we had a Noroviris breakout on board so they were trying to keep it from spreading, completely understandable.

We were treated like gold, and we would definitely cruise on that ship again. I don't know what the problem was but we sure didn't see any.

Helen

I have put the OP's original post along with another from the same cruise. Two different people and two different opinions.

I wonder if the Noro outbreak that was on the ship, had a more profound impact on the OP in some way. Until he returns we just won't know more.

In my original post I meant to say that I just got off the ship this morning. My brain and fingers weren't talking for a second, lol.

Do you plan to post a review? If so, I would like to read it. I'm sure others here would read it as well.

I did a review, just above my last post. My husband and I were treated like gold, the stall knew our names always, we were always greeted with a smile. No real complaints, I was on the same cruise as mj99 and it seemed we were on a different trip, there was an outbreak of Noraviras during the cruise but we were just ask to sanitize our hands anytime we used anything that others will used, but not a big deal.

We just got off this ship today, most fun cruise ever for us. Not sure what the OP's problem was but our expereince was very good. Any staff we had dealings with were freindly and helpful. My wife (who has never read Cruise Critic) did seem to think that crew you passed in hallways/public places were not as freindly as in the past. (I could see her point) All in all we loved it and can't wait to sail her again.