Who makes up these prices

Shogun

Hi All

Was looking at a cruise this summer £699 for 14 days, but can not confirm time off

so asked Princess to reserve cruise for next year no problem that will be £1999

yeh like I would agree to that price, no worries sale starts in a few weeks and price will come down.

So Princess has a price guarantee, so why start out at a silly price in the first place.

yours Shogun

Wow £699 for 14 nights!

Please tell us where you found the cruise for that price. Be careful when identifying the site as some say you can't advertise but I really would like to know.

Pj

Hi All

Princess offers direct marketing

As to price match after booking through TA can not help fell out with them a few years ago when they wanted certain value regardless of changes made.

Since then Princess has always been best price

Yours Shogun

Thanks shogun

I get emails all the time but non about a new sale.

I've got a fantastic deal with a TA this time, I think princess prices will have to drop a few hundred pounds each to get anywhere near what I've paid. Fingers crossed as Would hate to have paid too much x

When it comes to what you pay there will be someone who paid more than you and someone who paid less the only thing that matters is are you happy with the price you paid and that you have a great cruise

When it comes to what you pay there will be someone who paid more than you and someone who paid less the only thing that matters is are you happy with the price you paid and that you have a great cruise

You're right, I'm very happy with my Aft cabin which I possibly would get if I waited for a sale to happen..

Hi All

Princess offers direct marketing

As to price match after booking through TA can not help fell out with them a few years ago when they wanted certain value regardless of changes made.

Since then Princess has always been best price

Yours Shogun

I'm looking at Princesses website and can't find any 14 night European cruises at £699. If you could send a link Shogun I would appreciate it, thanks.

Shogun, it does seem like Princess starts all their cruises out at a very high rate and then lowers them as time goes by. I would say the exception are cruises that sell out rapidly. I'm not sure why they do it but it has kept me from booking a few cruises I've looked at.

I don't think Princess is the only cruise line that does this. I looked at Royal Caribbean cruises today and noticed their Caribbean and Europe sailings are really expensive. I was looking at balcony prices. They were actually higher than Princess prices and it wasn't just on their newest ships.

Who knows.:eek::eek::eek::eek: It is a mystery.

Very true :).

Edited by SoCal Cruiser78

All prices are up because they are adding benifits like free drinks OBC etc.

You have to do more indepth comparisons these days because of the added extras being included.

Also checking between UK and US pricing for the same cruise is harder because the added bit can be different

Inclusions are only a measurable benefit if it is something that has value to you. We don't drink much so free drink packages are of little benefit, give me a low fare or OBC and I am happy!

Princess lowers their fares much closer to sailing, especially the Europe sailings. We will be sailing HAL two years in a row due to this, plus for us much better itineraries in Europe. Love Princess but they often have the same Itinearies year after year.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

So Princess has a price guarantee, so why start out at a silly price in the first place.

yours Shogun

But if they don't start out high how can they entice you with 50% off sales? It feels so good to save so much money- even though the original price was in place simply to fool you into feeling that you were getting a wonderful and tremendous bargain.

And many people fall for it.

if it is the 12 June trip that is 15n not 14n.

also 3+ pax £99 tax inc which were just over £96.

normal 3+ is £299

only one at the £699,

aft there are 3 at £704 which are better located

forward mid 1 at £709

Edited by insidecabin

Hi All

Is Princess giving out the wrong message with its pricing policy,

On one hand it sells itself as a Premium Brand all be it a mass market line,

Yet it next cruise prices are just silly, but Princess reps are saying first of the sales start in a few weeks,

So why offer prices that nobody will actually pay, offering 60 % discounts

makes your product, look either over priced or just a marketing scam.

yours Shogun

Hi All

Is Princess giving out the wrong message with its pricing policy,

On one hand it sells itself as a Premium Brand all be it a mass market line,

Yet it next cruise prices are just silly, but Princess reps are saying first of the sales start in a few weeks,

So why offer prices that nobody will actually pay, offering 60 % discounts

makes your product, look either over priced or just a marketing scam.

yours Shogun

Here is a recent thread on the same....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2195992

I'm pretty sure shogun is aware of that thread since he started it. :D

I would imagine some "marketing genius" is behind the pricing and the sales although "marketing" and "genius" don't really seem to me to belong in the same sentence.

It sure is difficult for me to figure out if Princess knows what they are doing. Their 2016 Europe fares are substantially higher than the competition. Everyone know that they will come down so they either wait to book or they book now and then keep watching the prices so that they can call and get the "sale" price. And if you are new to cruising or less experienced you will be booking with RCCL or Celebrity after seeing the fares and making a comparison.

I'm booked on a Baltic cruise for this July. The final payment date is next week. There are a lot of unsold cabins. If Princess had started with reasonable fares a year ago, maybe most cabins would be sold. Now they will need to give great last minute deals to get these cabins sold.