Ovation of the Sea is COMING to Australia & New Zealand!!!

I had the same email to this morning from RCL and I had one yesterday as well. Almost spam like. Either tell me the itineraries and prices or stop sending the emails.

I'm not expecting anything marvelous either. Seems like the prices are going to be sky high. Edited by icat2000

A lot of people want to know the date they're released.

So this e-mail is useful to those so they at least know when it will come.

As for prices, they're in business. Who in big business sells things for a cheaper price than they could get? If anything like Apple, the model is the other way. Sell higher than its worth and get lots of fans to pay more!

[quote name='The_Big_M']A lot of people want to know the date they're released.

So this e-mail is useful to those so they at least know when it will come.

As for prices, they're in business. Who in big business sells things for a cheaper price than they could get? If anything like Apple, the model is the other way. Sell higher than its worth and get lots of fans to pay more![/QUOTE]
No harm in telling people the itineraries in the email and dates and pricing. Gives people a couple of days to have a look at things.

RCL don't have the best call centre experience.

I signed up for the priority advice email so I have no issues with them sending me whatever they want.

Seems all cruises will be to NZ if the Otago port schedule is accurate! :rolleyes::(

But seeing the itineraries would be handy I agree, maybe that is yet to come.

Never had any issues with RCCL's call centre, apart from being hard to get on to at peak times. I wouldn't suggest booking for Ovation via the phone unless the web site is down when they release on Thursday.

Will be interesting to see how fast it actually sells out, may be days, or could be months?

[quote name='The_Big_M']Just a guess eh? [/quote]

[B][COLOR=Blue]Hahahahahahahah..... cannot tell a lie i have been following the deployment schedule on the RCL board..........if i'm wrong it's their fault[/COLOR][/B] :D:D

[quote name='lighthousemom']Thanks for the heads up.... I guess that means I need to stay up late that night as 0900 your time is 0200 here in Istanbul. The things I do to fulfill my obsession... [/quote]

:D:D [B][COLOR=Blue]love your commitment to the obsession... i would be the same Debbie[/COLOR] ;):D

[/B]I am on RCL email list and registered for the Ovations info but they never send me anything.....guess we're not special enough... lol

Got my email from RCI but also one from a local TA with pre release prices on Singapore to: Fremantle (6nts), Adelaide (11nts), Hobart (13 nts), Melbourne (13 nts, debark Hobart and fly to Melb), Sydney (15nts).
Prices for: inside/ocean view/balcony, all guarantee category (no mention of suites)
Fremantle: $979/$1249/$1899
Adelaide: $1879/$2399/$3649
Hobart: $2239/$2859/$4349
Melbourne ( fly from Hobart) $2339/$2959/$4440
Sydney: $2599/$3319/$5049

Probably too expensive for us.

[quote name='avalon007']Mine just turned up as well 30 minutes ago! :D

I wonder what we will be offered with the 'promotional gift code'?

I was hoping some OBC, but it's more likely to be a discount on a speciality restaurant or something of that nature maybe.[/QUOTE]

I reckon it will be a free Ovation lanyard:o:p

My work colleague is waiting with baited breath for the release. She was nonplussed that I got the email this morning before her. She will be booking the Ovation no matter what the prices are. Wonder how many other cruisers feel the same way? Edited by aussielozzie18

[quote name='aussielozzie18']I reckon it will be a free Ovation lanyard:o:p

My work colleague is waiting with baited breath for the release. She was nonplussed that I got the email this morning before her. She will be booking the Ovation no matter what the prices are. Wonder how many other cruisers feel the same way?[/quote]

:D A lanyard - my dream gift!

I'm pretty committed to booking regardless of destination or price as well, I figure if we don't book this first run she won't be back until late 2017 which is too long to wait & by then she may have become more 'Asianised' potentially. Plus we have a good 1.5+ years to pay for it, so no huge drain on the finances!

[quote name='icat2000']No harm in telling people the itineraries in the email and dates and pricing. Gives people a couple of days to have a look at things.
[/QUOTE]

Sure, but in the absence of that, it's still better to have this update on when they will be released, than leave people in the dark.

[quote name='badgerbill']

[/B]I am on RCL email list and registered for the Ovations info but they never send me anything.....guess we're not special enough... lol[/QUOTE]

That's weird - I'm sure they want to get the news out to everyone who registered. Junk mail folder?

Initially I was very keen to sail the charter Singapore to Sydney, or even legs from Freo to Sydney. Maybe we will have to give it a miss. I am not concerned about the charter pricing, it's more the timing - it's hard to have 1st 2 weeks of Dec off work.

I will be waiting for the further itineries to come out this week. Very keen to do Ovation the first season & Syd-Syd has attraction - no flights:)

And as avalon says, it's a year & a half away & we have nothing booked after Nov this year :eek:

I do wonder whether you get C&A points/benefits with the charter.

Charters are normally excluded, but maybe as it's not for a specific purpose it's different... in the absence of anything else though I'd be saying not.

[quote name='mr walker']Initially I was very keen to sail the charter Singapore to Sydney, or even legs from Freo to Sydney. Maybe we will have to give it a miss. I am not concerned about the charter pricing, it's more the timing - it's hard to have 1st 2 weeks of Dec off work.

I will be waiting for the further itineries to come out this week. Very keen to do Ovation the first season & Syd-Syd has attraction - no flights:)

And as avalon says, it's a year & a half away & we have nothing booked after Nov this year :eek:[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I didn't realize the info and prices from the TA were for a charter from Singapore.

[quote name='The_Big_M']I do wonder whether you get C&A points/benefits with the charter.

Charters are normally excluded, but maybe as it's not for a specific purpose it's different... in the absence of anything else though I'd be saying not.[/QUOTE]

Rhapsodys first cruise a charter in 2007 earned us double... dont imagine same today :D

I do wonder whether you get C&A points/benefits with the charter.

Charters are normally excluded, but maybe as it's not for a specific purpose it's different... in the absence of anything else though I'd be saying not.

We did 2 co-charters on Rhapsody - Cruisin' Country in 2011 & 2012. We did get credited for the nights each time & there was a welcome back party on the first one - 11 C&A members in total on that cruise :)

There was no Diamond lounge - the lounge was used by the charterers. We were gold at that time.

Interesting to note in today's NZ Herald Travel section , an article on Ovation of the Seas referring to the benefits it would bring to Tauranga , but no mention of it calling at Auckland.:eek:

Yes that is interesting considering the Tauranga Port schedule doesn't list Ovation at all! So far only Otago has her listed for any NZ ports I have checked that have available data online.

Interesting to note in today's NZ Herald Travel section , an article on Ovation of the Seas referring to the benefits it would bring to Tauranga , but no mention of it calling at Auckland.:eek:

I guess that could mean, Ovation of the Seas is not going to Auckland now? :confused:

That article is not on-line yet, so I will be interested to read it.

I guess that could mean, Ovation of the Seas is not going to Auckland now? :confused:

That article is not on-line yet, so I will be interested to read it.

It was an article in the weekly Travel Booklet which is an enclosure . I don't think it is put on line.

Here is the Itinerary for Ovation of the Seas first visit to Australian Waters in 2016-2017!

There are three cruises to New Zealand from Sydney and then a repositioning cruise from Sydney to Singapore. No cruises to the Pacific Islands or any other destination!

Here they are:

15 December 2016 -New Zealand Cruise for 15 days:

Sydney overnight, Hobart, Milford/Doubtful/Dusky Sound, Dunedin, Wellington, Picton, Tauranga, Auckland, Sydney.

30 December 2016 - New Zealand Cruise for 10 days:

Sydney, Milford/Doubtful/Dusky Sound, Dunedin,Wellington, Napier,

Picton, Sydney.

9 January 2017 - New Zealand Cruise for 14 days:

Sydney, Bay of Islands, Tauranga, Auckland, Wellington, Picton, Dunedin, Dusky/ Doubtful/ Milford Sound, Sydney.

23 January 2017 - Asia Repositioning from Sydney for 14 days:

Sydney, Brisbane, Darwin, Kuala Lumpur (Port Klang), Singapore.