Carring wine onto the ship?

We bought ours in Florida before sailing. I wrapped them in a sweatshirt and put them in a backpack. When they saw them on the xray I got sent to secondary inspection who checked to make sure they were still sealed and hadn't been refilled with something a little stronger.

Hello from what I have read we can take 2 bottles of wine onto the ship? Could you tell me how you carry your bottles so they wont break during the journey?

Thank you

We put them in a tote bag, wrapped in paper or some clothing.

If you are going to fly with them then buy "wine diapers" and put them in your checked luggage, but plan to take them out at the port and carry them on. Wine diapers are zip locked padded sacks with an absorbent material that claims to absorb an entire bottle if it breaks.

Can we bring a corkscrew? Or must it be opened by our room attendant ?

You can bring one. Just make sure it's in your carryon. Also, you can ask your cabin steward for one. They use the travel size ones. They have them and I've received one with every gift bottle of wine so I have about 7 of them lol. I usually carry one with me just in case.

Edited by BND

Just don't have corkscrew in carryon before tsa. They will stop you and take it! I know from experience. lol

If the corkscrew doesn't have a small knife on it, it should not be a problem with TSA....that's where the problem arises!

I have a 17" Kenneth Cole bag which has 2 shoe pockets, but the Arbormist bottles weren't fitting! I had too put them in main area and I wrapped dinner clothes around them. Kid checking bag was a bull in a China shop thankfully he didn't break them. Good luck and happy cruising.

We don't wrap our bottles. We just put them in our carryon. It takes a lot to break a bottle of wine. I would only worry about it if it was in a checked bag (airline). DH has a backpack and I have a large tote. When we've carried them on a cruise, they just go through the xray scanner and have never been looked at. I usually buy screw top. I love sauvignon blanc and a lot of them come in screw top bottles.

Just don't have corkscrew in carryon before tsa. They will stop you and take it! I know from experience. lol

Our carry on bag usually has two corkscrews in it. Never a problem and we fly lots. Then again, they are not the SUV size ones - LOL!

My boomerang opener was taken by TSA in Denver in March. I forgot it was in my carry on bag. They were quite concerned as to my wine aerator )but I convinced him it didn't have any sharp edges)

Yes, two750 ml bottles per cabin.

As for the corkscrew......My choice now is to ask suite attendant for one.......after the VISION in September my luggage went to the 'naughty room' only to find my Rccl corkscrew.....yes, they let me keep it but everyone in the room did get quite the chuckle.:)

Edited by kneadsdough2cruise