Bed placement - are diagrams on RCL site accurate?

Yeah, I get that. I was just hopeful there was an easy way to figure out. Some people ask and I wonder how the people who answer them know the answer. That was the only thing I could think of.

The cabins on the Oasis class ships come in interlocking pairs so people have identified a system to figure out the layouts.

The cabins on the Oasis class ships come in interlocking pairs so people have identified a system to figure out the layouts.

Is there a system for the Anthem too? How can you tell if the bed is close to the balcony or not? TIA

Yeah, I get that. I was just hopeful there was an easy way to figure out. Some people ask and I wonder how the people who answer them know the answer. That was the only thing I could think of.

The B, C, and D balcony staterooms on Oasis class are built in alternating pairs. The stateroom on the right as you look from the corridor has the bed near the balcony. The one on the left has the bed by the closet.

To find a "pair", find the closest two connecting staterooms.

Edited by clarea

our first 9 cruises the bed happened to be by the balcony. Last one on Celebrity Reflection a couple weeks ago the bed was by the door and the sofa by the balcony. It really didn't seem to matter.........we didn't even notice if it was better or worse.....:D

Edited by bouhunter

our first 9 cruises the bed happened to be by the balcony. Last one on Celebrity Reflection a couple weeks ago the bed was by the door and the sofa by the balcony. It really didn't seem to matter.........we didn't even notice if it was better or worse.....:D

LIKE!!!

I guess I will never understand the fascination with where the bed is in the cabin....as long as I walk in & there IS a bed in the room I'm happy...:D

LIKE!!!

I guess I will never understand the fascination with where the bed is in the cabin....as long as I walk in & there IS a bed in the room I'm happy...:D

I happen to agree and I honestly don't care - which is why I didn't give my room number (so as not to look like I was asking) - I was just curious that if there were an easy way to find out (website), why people were asking and how others knew the answers. I guess if I were forced to make a choice, I'd say bed by sliding glass doors but it really doesn't matter. It's not like the room is so big that I can't be at the doors in two strides from the bed if it's positioned by closet anyway.

LIKE!!!

On Oasis class balcony staterooms, the combination of sliding closet doors and having the bed near the closet makes it very inconvenient for 2 people to use the closet and/or safe.

I have to admit I like having the bed close to the door/window out to the balcony so I can reach out and pull back the curtains to see how light or cloudy it looks before I crawl out of bed. But that's just me.....

LIKE!!!

Ha ha...good point.

From what I've read, most prefer the bed near the balcony / outside because it feels more spacious and easier to access the closet.

Personally I prefer the bed by the closet since I get up during the night to use the washroom...so don't have to jump over our kids in the sofa bed.