Lisbon question

P&O SUE

Belem is great. You can climb the tower and also you can go up the Monument to the Explorers in a lift. We didn't have long enough there to see the museum, so will have to go back;)

Yes I want to go up the Belem Tower and climb the Monument. The ship's tour only stops there for about 45mins so I thought that wouldn't be nearly enough time!

Yes I want to go up the Belem Tower and climb the Monument. The ship's tour only stops there for about 45mins so I thought that wouldn't be nearly enough time!

And if you have time go into the Antiga Confeitaria de Belem - supposedly home to the original Pasteis De Nata. It is a lovely old cafe with beautifully tiled walls.

Get the HoHo bus Sue. One goes out to there and you get a tour of Lisbon on the way.

One tip I was told to help stop pickpockets is to put a small bell on your purse - I got one off a cat's collar and used a key ring to attach.

If you are doing it DIY be aware the two sights are a 15-20 minute walk from each other.

When we were last in Lisbon (our least favourite place!) we were approached by Tourist Police getting off the shuttle. They explained about the pickpockets and said they were Eastern European Gangs. Apparently most of them had scarpered when they knew we were being officially warned.