Mitsugirly takes great PRIDE in bringing her Spring Break extreme review

mitsugirly

I loved your review! I am looking forward to the review of your upcoming cruise to Bermuda. I have been there twice on land vacations, but would absolutely love to go there on a cruise. I loved it there when I went, but it has been about 15 years or so now. Also must say it is great to see your family in your photos, and especially Sakari. She sure seems to have a blast on all your cruises, always that great big smile. Thanks for taking the time to do these great reviews:)

What a great review - thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. Kim, your daughters are beautiful. I agree with you about the Camp Carnival placement - the first time we sailed on a Spirit-class ship we had two sons who needed to be checked in and out, and inevitably they would be at opposite ends of the ship. DH and I would split up and get one each. Now we're at the point that our youngest is in Club O2 and he does what he wants. It's so much more relaxing for us.:)

Thank you so much for a wonderful review! We were on the same cruise and I was always looking to see if we were in the background of any of your photos. Of course my sarcastic daughter said we wouldn't be because all my husband and I do is sit around and read. So I was happy to prove her wrong, we are in the background of one of your dr. Seuss breakfast pics!

I agree with you on Freeport. Everyone was nervous we wouldn't make it back on time, so we just walked around the port as well. I guess they needed the time to get back, but it almost doesn't feel like a full stop.

You will love Bermuda, it's a truly special island. We enjoyed the aquarium, but it is on the smaller side, and if you've been to some of the more outstanding ones, it might be a disappointment. I don't remember it being that expensive, but it was really only a one to maybe two hour experience. We did it on our last day when we were a bit beached out and then walked around the port area and were back on the ship early.

As always Kim, an excellent review - don't sell yourself short because it wasn't as detailed as some of your others. Thank you for taking the time and love the photos you posted. Happy Sailing on whichever Carnival (Breeze) ship you choose;).

Haha. I was actually checking for a cruise for November. I have narrowed down a NCL cruise to pick from (one that I haven't been on yet-Jade and I still have a cruise certificate to use up which would make my cruise super cheap using it AND kids sail free so it's a big possibility) and I was trying to narrow down one for Carnival and compare. So far I'm looking at the Magic. I would LOVE the Breeze but I really really hate that it's only a 6 day cruise. That just puts me off so much! :(

I loved your review! I am looking forward to the review of your upcoming cruise to Bermuda. I have been there twice on land vacations, but would absolutely love to go there on a cruise. I loved it there when I went, but it has been about 15 years or so now. Also must say it is great to see your family in your photos, and especially Sakari. She sure seems to have a blast on all your cruises, always that great big smile. Thanks for taking the time to do these great reviews:)

Thanks for hanging in there with me. It won't be long now before I head off to the pink sandy shores of Bermuda for the first time. I actually can't even believe I'm finally going after all these years and talk about it. :p

Fantastic review as always, Kim :). Thanks so much for posting!

Thanks so much for the compliments. I enjoy doing it. :)

What a great review - thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. Kim, your daughters are beautiful. I agree with you about the Camp Carnival placement - the first time we sailed on a Spirit-class ship we had two sons who needed to be checked in and out, and inevitably they would be at opposite ends of the ship. DH and I would split up and get one each. Now we're at the point that our youngest is in Club O2 and he does what he wants. It's so much more relaxing for us.:)

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate it. I'm glad I'm not the only one that was ran ragged trying to find my child. LOL Hey at least it must have kept the weight off me this time. I came home and only gained 1 pound from this cruise. My norm is usually 6-10 pounds. :eek: :p

Thank you so much for a wonderful review! We were on the same cruise and I was always looking to see if we were in the background of any of your photos. Of course my sarcastic daughter said we wouldn't be because all my husband and I do is sit around and read. So I was happy to prove her wrong, we are in the background of one of your dr. Seuss breakfast pics!

I agree with you on Freeport. Everyone was nervous we wouldn't make it back on time, so we just walked around the port as well. I guess they needed the time to get back, but it almost doesn't feel like a full stop.

You will love Bermuda, it's a truly special island. We enjoyed the aquarium, but it is on the smaller side, and if you've been to some of the more outstanding ones, it might be a disappointment. I don't remember it being that expensive, but it was really only a one to maybe two hour experience. We did it on our last day when we were a bit beached out and then walked around the port area and were back on the ship early.

Haha. I'm glad you were able to find yourself in a picture in the background. Don't you just love it when you prove them wrong. :D

I seriously don't like the port stops that leave so early. I know Carnival also leaves very early in Costa Maya and it sucks. I really don't understand why on that one. They aren't racing to get back to a port up north. You might as well not even stop for something like this. :(

We have definitely been to some of the big aquariums like the one in Tennessee (Ripleys I think it is) and it's stories and stories tall and simply amazing. We have been to several like this so I would hate to waste time and money if it's not much to writ home about. We are honestly people that just can't get burned out from the beaches...I think ever. (Well, speaking for me and Sakari both...not sure about the hubby. As long as the hubby is relaxing, he's fine. Kendra gets a little burned out, but oh well, she's welcome to find something else to do. She's a big girl). :p :D

Great review!

I've had it with NCL and all of their new up-charges/policy changes and cutbacks for platinum so I'm thinking of giving CCL another try.

I see lots of positives lately with CCL. Now to pick a ship :D

I think it's crappy the way the new CEO is making all of these changes and not formally informing everyone. It's all being done in a sneaky way and for sure pissing off a lot of people. The things they have done really do not effect me, other than upping the DSC, but still. It's not right. Who knows what else is next. :(

Excellent review and as always a good read. I like your attitude about everything; nothing is perfect, you make the best of it and move on. It's nice to hear the positives along with the negatives and vice versa.

I always LOL @ reviews where everything was absolutely perfect or absolutely horrific. Life is not black or white, but shades of grey (not necessarily 50 ;)) so I always look for reviews like yours, for anywhere I travel, land or sea, to get a 'true' picture!

Your review was great. You have us even more excited for our cruise. We are sailing the same itinerary on July 5. We are also getting married on the Pride embarkation day. We are going to get a sneak peak with a ship tour May 10th but your review has us ready to go now.

I just wanted to take a moment and say thank you! I have read everyone one of your reviews. We had plans (myself and boyfriend Jon, we are both 44) to go on our first NCL cruise for the Getaway. I found your review and proceeded to read all of them! Nuts, I tell you.. we ended up going with The Breakaway to Bermuda on May 31st. We only live 2 hours from NY and I was only in Bermuda one time before in 93' so I figured let's save the added airplane, hotel stay, airport parking... I used to cruise in my late teens, early 20s' on Carnival all the time. I use to date one of the band leaders, drummer for carnival in my jersey big hair days of my youth. I have also been on celebrity but have not cruised for 14 years.. Still continued to go to islands but land vacations.. Anyway since I am blabbering on and on. We were given through Harrahs Atlantic City a free inside cabin cruise which we can't pass up, hell we earned that through the slot addiction, now we did upgrade to the balcony..

I just love your reviews, especially your daughter.. She is full of goodness! She also happens to love my favorite things.. Beach, water and animals. Although swim with sharks is a GIGANTIC NO! So just know you do put a ton of hard work into your reviews, it is a gift to many! I am excited to know if we cruise again I can always check into your excursions at certain islands to plan my vacation..

So far for us in Bermuda we are planning.. Ferry to St George. Sightsee a bit and snorkel tobacco beach.. Looks perfect!

The other thing we planned which I am thrilled about is booking a boston whaler (small easy boat) from Sommerset watersports.. It's 145 for up to 4 people total for 4 hours off on our own.. Being able to boat around, jump in and out of the water.. Private beaches.. Bread to feed the fish by a sunken ship.. Looks so awesome and it's the same price if we had done a excursion with NCL for much less time.. Supposedly they give you a detailed map where the best snorkeling, sightseeing, etc.. The reviews on tripadvisor are great as well...

And probably horseshoe which is stunning but can have waves.. We are there for weds night harbour nights but I don't think Dawn is there then...

As for your weather.. It could be a little cool in Boston then, think warm spring day. But will quickly warm as you head down the east coast.. We are in southern NJ should be around 80 then.. Carolina's are full fledged summer by then.. So Bermuda should be perfect..

Thanks again for all your reviews and tell Sakari she has fans many miles away.. She is spectacular!

~Tracy and Jon

Excellent review and as always a good read. I like your attitude about everything; nothing is perfect, you make the best of it and move on. It's nice to hear the positives along with the negatives and vice versa.

I always LOL @ reviews where everything was absolutely perfect or absolutely horrific. Life is not black or white, but shades of grey (not necessarily 50 ;)) so I always look for reviews like yours, for anywhere I travel, land or sea, to get a 'true' picture!

It honestly takes up too much time and energy to get upset about everything or even the small things. Pout for a moment and then move on. As you said nothing is never perfect, however I like to make it perfect in my own little world and will try to turn most negative things into just another experience. Nothing will bring me down when cruising and I have had some "doozys". All I can say is thank goodness I didn't manage to break any bones on THIS cruise. woo hoo Life is good! :D

Your review was great. You have us even more excited for our cruise. We are sailing the same itinerary on July 5. We are also getting married on the Pride embarkation day. We are going to get a sneak peak with a ship tour May 10th but your review has us ready to go now.

Aww, how neat...getting married on the Pride. I have always wondered about that. I assume you get married in the little chapel/church they have on board correct? Where will the reception be? I know when we first got on the Pride we were roaming around and we headed into the butterflies lounge and was coming down some steps and they stopped us to tell us there was a wedding party going on at the moment. It warmed my heart. <3 Congrats in advance on your wedding and I hope you have a blast!

I just wanted to take a moment and say thank you! I have read everyone one of your reviews. We had plans (myself and boyfriend Jon, we are both 44) to go on our first NCL cruise for the Getaway. I found your review and proceeded to read all of them! Nuts, I tell you.. we ended up going with The Breakaway to Bermuda on May 31st. We only live 2 hours from NY and I was only in Bermuda one time before in 93' so I figured let's save the added airplane, hotel stay, airport parking... I used to cruise in my late teens, early 20s' on Carnival all the time. I use to date one of the band leaders, drummer for carnival in my jersey big hair days of my youth. I have also been on celebrity but have not cruised for 14 years.. Still continued to go to islands but land vacations.. Anyway since I am blabbering on and on. We were given through Harrahs Atlantic City a free inside cabin cruise which we can't pass up, hell we earned that through the slot addiction, now we did upgrade to the balcony..

I just love your reviews, especially your daughter.. She is full of goodness! She also happens to love my favorite things.. Beach, water and animals. Although swim with sharks is a GIGANTIC NO! So just know you do put a ton of hard work into your reviews, it is a gift to many! I am excited to know if we cruise again I can always check into your excursions at certain islands to plan my vacation..

So far for us in Bermuda we are planning.. Ferry to St George. Sightsee a bit and snorkel tobacco beach.. Looks perfect!

The other thing we planned which I am thrilled about is booking a boston whaler (small easy boat) from Sommerset watersports.. It's 145 for up to 4 people total for 4 hours off on our own.. Being able to boat around, jump in and out of the water.. Private beaches.. Bread to feed the fish by a sunken ship.. Looks so awesome and it's the same price if we had done a excursion with NCL for much less time.. Supposedly they give you a detailed map where the best snorkeling, sightseeing, etc.. The reviews on tripadvisor are great as well...

And probably horseshoe which is stunning but can have waves.. We are there for weds night harbour nights but I don't think Dawn is there then...

As for your weather.. It could be a little cool in Boston then, think warm spring day. But will quickly warm as you head down the east coast.. We are in southern NJ should be around 80 then.. Carolina's are full fledged summer by then.. So Bermuda should be perfect..

Thanks again for all your reviews and tell Sakari she has fans many miles away.. She is spectacular!

~Tracy and Jon

Oh my gosh, I'm so honored that you found my review on the Getaway and continued to read the rest. You deserve a metal. Seriously...I know it probably took forever to do so. I get a little "winded" with my reviews to say the least. :o :p

I would give anything to live closer to ANY cruise port. It's my dream some day. If I lived closer, I would cruise a lot more than I do. I think it's my addiction in live right now. They say you go through mid life crisis and this is my crisis I do believe. :p

Yep, Sakari is up for just about anything...including the sharks. She was so upset when she didn't get to hold one. I vow to do that tour again (not by cruise ship) and she WILL get to hold that shark some day!

The boat booking sounds amazing and a pretty good price too. I know since this is our first time, I just plan on doing nothing but exploring the beaches...one after another. We will be buying the bus pass and just going and going to beach after beach. I just know we are gonna love it and will want to return. Once we return, I'm sure I'll have my favorite beaches picked out for that trip since I will have already been and then I will start to incorporate other things into it. I know something on my bucket list is the helmet dive with Hartleys and holding/touching the fish. Sakari would totally freak out with that one...I can only imagine her excitement.

It would be perfect if we could get weather in the 80's. I'm really hoping for some good, warm weather on our next cruise. The last few have been a little too chilly on some days for me. I like the heat! (and to think...I plan on trying to squeeze in an Alaskan cruise some time in my future for the simple fact that I just know Sakari would love seeing all the "other" animals you don't get to see in the Caribbean. I don't know how I will survive the cold, but I will have to somehow). :D

It's so funny how I run into so many people when cruising that will stop me and say "hey, I know you, you're mitsugirly on cruise critic" or "hey this must be Sakari". My hubby likes to tease me and say "you are a celebrity" LOL.

First - I will be on the Dream and would be happy to get Sakari whatever she wants. Unfortunately it won't be until August - hope that's not too long. My email is mogo0124@live.com

I know you said you don't like steak but you really should try the steakhouse - they have other food and the cheesecake and breads alone are worth it. The MDR - you should really try set dining. You can ask for your own table. Having the same wait staff - your hubby would have his A1 waiting at the table for him every night.

As for your next Carnival ship - the Breeze - you will love her and Matt is just fantastic.

Now the reason that Kendra and Brayden would not be flying home with us today is because they flight was sold out weeks before our cruise. So, she was forced to take another flight the following day. She tried and tried to talk me into rebooking mine and stay another day with her, but I wanted to get back because Sakari had school the next day and after taking 2 weeks off in November for our (Sun & Sky) cruise, I didn't want her missing any more school days.

So we are sitting and waiting for our plane to come in and they came over the loud speaker asking anyone that would be willing to catch the 10pm flight home, they would reward you by giving you a $300 gift card. The hubby looked at me and said...we should so do that! But, I was ready to get home and no way did I want to arrive at the airport at home at 11pm, get a ride home, unload the vehicle and get settled in. That would defeat the purpose of trying to get Sakari off to school the next day.

Does anyone know how these things work? I mean they really didn't say "how many" people they needed to do this. Had they needed 3 people (seats) and we all did this, would they have really given us $900? Is this gift card (visa/mastercard I believe???) good for anything? Or just on airflight tickets? (Still would be very useful to someone like us who fly a lot).

I wonder if they ran into the same problem that night with not enough seats...since, if you remember, I said ALL the flights were sold out for that day...as in the ENTIRE day, which is why Kendra stayed.

So our flight pulled up right on time and we all headed to get on the plane. Yes, it was full without a seat available. For some reason, the hubby received coupons from Southwest for 4 free drinks on the plane. I have no idea why they sent them to HIM and I have never received any before.

But, he decided it was time for a beer...

P4120171%20copy-M.jpg

We landed back home at exactly 1 hour after we had taken off and .....we were glad to be home again.

THE END! (lol)

Just a follow up with Kendra going back to the hotel. Easy check in just like before. She put her things in the room and when she was ready, she went down to the front desk and ask for the shuttle to take her to the mall. They arrived promptly and took her there and dropped her off and told her to call when she was ready to head back. She spent the day shopping and wondering around. I guess there's a movie theater there and she took Brayden to see a show. Then they got dinner somewhere there and said it was great. When she was ready to head back, she said it was at night and she called them and they arrived within 20 minutes (they were taking people to the airport to be dropped off and then came and got her). So all went well on her overnight stay post-cruise. :)

I will post my final thoughts of the ship coming right up and hopefully I haven't forgotten anything along the way during the review.

You are welcome to ask any questions, and if I can answer, I would be happy to. It might spark my memory on things I have probably forgotten as well.

The gift cards they are referring to are good for air travel on SWA for one year, possibly two years. I can't remember for sure.

Great review of the Pride, I will be on that ship in about 4 hours, 4th time on the Pride!

First - I will be on the Dream and would be happy to get Sakari whatever she wants. Unfortunately it won't be until August - hope that's not too long. My email is mogo0124@live.com

I know you said you don't like steak but you really should try the steakhouse - they have other food and the cheesecake and breads alone are worth it. The MDR - you should really try set dining. You can ask for your own table. Having the same wait staff - your hubby would have his A1 waiting at the table for him every night.

As for your next Carnival ship - the Breeze - you will love her and Matt is just fantastic.

Oh I would absolutely love it if you could get Sakari a Dream Christmas Oranament. It would mean so much to her. Thank you so much for the offer and yes, we can wait. I will email you. Thank you thank you.

Set dining really wouldn't work for us since we never eat at the same time and we eat whenever the mood strikes us. If we had to eat at a certain time each night...well it just wouldn't work. We really aren't the type that cares if you have the same wait staff or they get to know us or you see the same people over and over. :) I don't know, I guess we're strange in that sense. :p

I will definitely love the Breeze. I know that for sure. I just wish they would make it a 7 day cruise. With it being a 6 day cruise and just as expensive as a 7 day or more, just not worth it to me. Matt seems like a dream CD and such a hottie. I'm on his page and he seems like he's just a lot of fun. Some day...

Outstanding photo review as always...enjoyed every bit of it.

Thanks so much. :)

The gift cards they are referring to are good for air travel on SWA for one year, possibly two years. I can't remember for sure.

Great review of the Pride, I will be on that ship in about 4 hours, 4th time on the Pride!

Oh ok. I figured it was something like that (so that it would benefit them as well). We still could have used it. Maybe I should have done it. LOL :D

Hi Kim,

Just wanted to say thank you for a very informative, funny, and descriptive review! Also wanted to mention Bermuda...if your kids like caving, take them to Tom Moore's Jungle. It's a preserve with trails, swimming holes, and lots and lots of caves, big and small, to explore! We loved it. There are the touristy caves like Crystal caves, but you go with a group and I prefer exploring on my own. The trails were beautiful, we saw lots of wildlife ( lizards, turtles, crabs, etc) and loved snorkeling in the blue holes. We took the bus there and there were hardly anyone else there, we had the place to ourselves. Have fun!!

Christina

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for taking the time to write this awesome review! Have been following it (and Jeff's) and just finished.

We are cruising this same itinerary in September (for my 56 b-day). I can't wait! Had been reading your post/questions over on the east coast board so was really interested in your comments on the hotel. Guess we will be booking there!

Kim

Hi Kim,

Just wanted to say thank you for a very informative, funny, and descriptive review! Also wanted to mention Bermuda...if your kids like caving, take them to Tom Moore's Jungle. It's a preserve with trails, swimming holes, and lots and lots of caves, big and small, to explore! We loved it. There are the touristy caves like Crystal caves, but you go with a group and I prefer exploring on my own. The trails were beautiful, we saw lots of wildlife ( lizards, turtles, crabs, etc) and loved snorkeling in the blue holes. We took the bus there and there were hardly anyone else there, we had the place to ourselves. Have fun!!

Christina

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the comments. I'll keep your suggestion in mind for maybe our 2nd trip. This time is probably just going to be the beautiful beaches (all of them I can fit in :D)

Thank you for taking the time to write this awesome review! Have been following it (and Jeff's) and just finished.

We are cruising this same itinerary in September (for my 56 b-day). I can't wait! Had been reading your post/questions over on the east coast board so was really interested in your comments on the hotel. Guess we will be booking there!

Kim

Thanks for commenting and glad you enjoyed it. You will enjoy BW Elkridge. It's a great place and perfect if you have no car. :)

Thank you SO much for your wonderful review !! We have been on the Pride previously, but were interested in the 2.0 upgrades !! We can't wait to try the Guy's burger !!:o

If you ever cruise on Carnival again and find that your bed is too hard, just ask your steward for an eggcrate topper - but do it early because they only have so many !

And when hungry in the evening when there is not much open- don't forget room service - they have some great selections !

Thanks again !

Jane

I always enjoy reading your reviews - you pack a lot of useful info into them - I don't know if you realize what an important service you provide to this community, even to a lurker like me! We went on a NCL cruise 3 years ago and I unfortunately forgot my passport and had to fly to Belize to catch up to the ship and my family. At the cruise terminal in Tampa I handed over my folder of detailed info on our excursions to the most responsible member of my family - my then 14 year old son. In it were printouts of your review of Roatan and where to snorkel. The 14 yo is soon to be a hs grad and we are going on the Dawn to Bermuda to celebrate. We're on the 6/12 sailing so I don't think you'll have your review up in time to help me on this one but you can be sure I'll be looking at your posts before hand to see if you find out any useful info - also be sure I won't forget my passport this time!

And please tell Kendra I wish I looked as good as her before I had my kids let alone months after giving birth - she's gorgeous!

Hi! I know you have your own snorkeling equipment that you bring with you when you cruise. I'm interested to know what kind you have and where you purchased it?

Also, does it take up much room to pack? We pack pretty light, and I'm wondering if it's worth it to buy our own even though it will take up a lot of precious suitcase space??!!!

Ok I think you got me pretty convinced to book this ship next april! Just back from the Sunshine , actually just yesterday! Had a great cruise and now ready to book one for our 20th Anniversary next yr, and being from RI, Baltimore , not really that far away! Awesome pics and review, Thanks so much for taking the time!