Mitsugirly takes great PRIDE in bringing her Spring Break extreme review

mitsugirly

Thanks for another great review. I appreciate the high quality and composition of your photos. You and your family always seem to be having such a great time. And Sakari is getting so big! She seems like a fantastic kid - full of life and energy with the tiniest bit of goofy mischief to round it all out. Have a great time in Bermuda!

Thanks so much. I'm glad you enjoyed the review and photos. We always have a terrific time, even when things don't go right. :D Sakari-yep, that about sums her up. hehe :p

SUNSET GARDEN

This was a pretty neat looking hallway and it extended all the way around and back up the other side. I'm not sure what it's used for and I never did see anyone using it. Maybe it's just a hallway and decorated as such. It led to the Circle C club and the Video/Game room upstairs.

P4050112%20copy-L.jpg

P4050113%20copy-L.jpg

P4050119%20copy-L.jpg

P4050120%20copy-L.jpg

P4050121%20copy-L.jpg

P4060121%20copy-L.jpg

When we were on the Pride a few years ago the Sunset Garden seemed to be THE make-out place on the ship for teen-agers.

Back on board was 1pm. Sailaway was (supposed to be) 1:30pm but ship tours were still coming back way after that time. :)

Thank you for the great review, and answering all my questions! Enjoy your Bermuda cruise!!

When we were on the Pride a few years ago the Sunset Garden seemed to be THE make-out place on the ship for teen-agers.

Oh gosh. Yes, I could see that happening in this area. :p

Thank you for the great review, and answering all my questions! Enjoy your Bermuda cruise!!

You are very welcome. Any time. :)

Mitsugirly - I came over from the NCL board just to read your review. Excellent, as always. I have to admit, though, the pink really is a big strain on my eyes. I think if you would just use black and the same font you've been using to write your review, it would still be easy to differentiate between that and your responses to comments made.

Have a great time on your Bermuda cruise and hope the weather and ocean are warm. I'll be waiting for your review when you return.:)

Mitsugirly - I came over from the NCL board just to read your review. Excellent, as always. I have to admit, though, the pink really is a big strain on my eyes. I think if you would just use black and the same font you've been using to write your review, it would still be easy to differentiate between that and your responses to comments made.

Have a great time on your Bermuda cruise and hope the weather and ocean are warm. I'll be waiting for your review when you return.:)

Hello there and glad you found your way here and enjoyed the review.

Sorry about the pink :o I'll figure something out for next time.

I'm hoping for excellent weather and water for our Bermuda cruise too. My fingers and toes are double crossed. I would hate for our first experience there to be a debbie-downer experience. :p

Mitsugirly, love your reviews and all your pictures. I feel like I'm watching your family grow up.

Aww, thanks for the comments. I really appreciate it.

I get an email notification when someone post and I seen your original post before editing...mitsubishi....hehe. At least you got it right. Most people always ask me what my name on here means and I have to explain short for mitsubishi. :D :p (It's just a name I have used for many years and my husband and I met because of our mitsubishi's back then...it's what brought us together. We are now an Audi family...I wish I could change my name on here now :o) :cool:

I get an email notification when someone post and I seen your original post before editing...mitsubishi....hehe. At least you got it right. Most people always ask me what my name on here means and I have to explain short for mitsubishi. :D :p (It's just a name I have used for many years and my husband and I met because of our mitsubishi's back then...it's what brought us together. We are now an Audi family...I wish I could change my name on here now :o) :cool:

Audigirly just wouldn't be right!! :D

That's funny. I was posting on my Kindle and it changed what I typed.

I had so much fun reading your review! I'm going to have to be on the lookout for your Bermuda cruise review, since Bermuda is a possible contender for me next year. Great pictures and you have a beautiful family! Love that litle Sakari! :)

That's funny. I was posting on my Kindle and it changed what I typed.

Oh oops. I thought you got lucky with a guess. :p

I had so much fun reading your review! I'm going to have to be on the lookout for your Bermuda cruise review, since Bermuda is a possible contender for me next year. Great pictures and you have a beautiful family! Love that litle Sakari! :)

Thanks so much for your comments. I appreciate it. We can't wait for our first time in Bermuda. Hopefully there will be many more (I have a feeling we won't be able to get everything done and visited with only 1 trip there). :D :p

Your trip reports and photos are wonderful and I always enjoy them, especially the photos of your darling daughter, who already looks like a beauty queen! I don't mean to be offensive, but do you not worry about spoiling her with all these cruises at such a young age? With her looks, she's bound to have a lot of men after her when she's older and you may be setting her up to be high maintenance. ;)

We just got off the Pride yesterday. I have to totally agree with you about the beds. I mentioned how uncomfortable they were and the steward said they were brand new. HOWEVER, he was able to put down extra comforters for us under the fitted sheet and it was so much better. Not the cloud like beds I remember from past cruises but very tolerable.

Someone must have complained about the golf balls at putt putt between our cruises, because on ours there were extra golf balls everywhere. The rack was full and buckets of them sitting around.

I was amazed about how quick getting off the ship was, I felt like we did something wrong and missed a step since we were off and in the parking lot in less than 15 minutes.

Your camp carnival experience may have been because of the number of kids on your trip. My daughter is the same age as yours and only once did we have to go to a different location to get her and that was our fault. It was listed properly in the schedule they gave us, we just didn't check it.

Kim, I have always enjoyed your Reviews. Its like reading a book where you can't wait to get to the next chapter. When the Review is done it leaves you empty & craving for more. I have used your reviews as guidelines in arranging our Excursions. As a matter of fact, I have already made reservations for LFK back a few months & we won't be there until this coming December.

Other than the Bermuda cruise, do you have anything else in the works? It must be getting harder now that your daughter is in school.

Enjoy Bermuda! We have only been there 2x & loved it both times. First was for our Honeymoon :) back in 1978. The "Blizzard of 78" paid for that & the 2nd time was on a cruise from Boston to the Caribbean year ago.

OMG, I am so excited that I found another one of your reviews. I've enjoyed reading your previous reviews and find them so full of helpful hints and tips for my cruise. Your reviews remind me of reading a book that I get so into it. Can't wait to get started, and thanks again for sharing your review with us!!!

Hello all. This will be my April 5th-12th Spring Break review and pictorial from our Carnival Pride cruise to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Freeport out of Baltimore. I hope you enjoy it.

P4060093%20copy-L.jpg

A little about "me" (us). I have been cruising since the 80's & 90's off and on and "full time" (hehe) since 2010. We try to take at least 2 cruises a year but have been fortunate enough to cruise 3 times last year and I'm hoping it will be the same for this year.

We normally cruise with NCL...I don't know, it was the first cruise line we ever cruised with and I kinda stuck to it with buying the future cruise certificates and getting great deals with the kids/family sail free specials. However, I tried Carnival for the first time in 2013 on the Dream and LOVED it!!! I vowed to do Carnival again in the future and I'm very sorry to say I am just now getting around to it again. Although this was only our 2nd Carnival cruise, once again, it will NOT be our last!!! The only other line I have been on is RC and that was back in the 90's. I hope to sail with them again, I just need a raise to do so...a huge raise. (wink wink).

So since this is my second Carnival cruise, I will not bore you with comparisons between the 2 lines (Carnival vs NCL) since I did that in my first review (located in my signature line) of the Dream. However, I will throw in a few things here and there with both lines when I feel the need. Fair enough?

I have been to many ports (some several times) in the Caribbean and hopefully have helped a lot of you cc people out with my detailed reviews, suggestions and answers on the ports of call sections. I try to be as detailed as possible and I'm a picture FREAK! I'm a visual person and have to see things in detail to get a better feel for what I'm looking at. I'm a research fanatic and will spend months and months reviewing, searching and asking questions over and over before making a decision. So many of you cc cruisers have helped me out in the past and I love to give back to the community as much as I can. I will not sway a person one way or the other but like to give MY honest opinion...and we all know that opinions are VERY different between people and just because I may or may not like something by no means determines whether or not you will be the same. I only give MY experiences and hope that you will dig deeper into whatever interest you.

Now, who I cruise with...normally (well always) the hubby and my 6 year old...wait NEWLY TURNED 7 YEAR OLD (this weekend) BIG GIRL, Sakari. Sometimes my oldest daughter (Kendra, now 26), her boyfriend and my grandson (Brayden, who is the same age as my youngest but 3 months apart) will join us. Then my youngest son (age 20) and his girlfriend (21) have joined us twice now. I have yet to get my oldest son (28) back on a cruise since he was a teen. Some day...

This cruise, it will be myself, hubby, Sakari, Kendra and grandson Brayden.

We (well truth be known, I) scoured the Internet for the perfect cruise to add to our "collection" for Sakari's Spring Break. I knew I had wanted to come back to Carnival and it was a task to find the perfect cruise. I knew I wanted to try different ports this time around as well. I'm hoping this year will be full of different ports than the past (I'll be doing my first Bermuda cruise in 45 days from now). After polling the people on here between 4 different ships....I picked a totally different ship than the 4 I had posted...thanks to, once again, wonderful suggestions from people on here. The Pride it was. After a lot of research and interrogation from everyone I could, I found that it came highly recommended, had just had the 2.0 updates, Dr Seuss, water works, Guys Burgers, Blue Iguana Cantina and looked fabulous!

Now...just throwing this out there...but this is the MOST EXPENSIVE cruise I have EVER taken...like ever!! Like 2 1/2 times the amount I normally pay for any cruise. However, with the Pride cruising out of Baltimore, I would save what I would normally pay in air flight and that was the way I was able to justify booking it...to the hubby at least. Also, the ports we would be visiting would basically be "free" ports and we wouldn't incur additional expenses with these ports if we didn't want to. Cha-ching, another point checked off in my direction. Hubby agreed, we booked. (Now that I have to pull too many strings for him to want to cruise again lol). However, I bragged a little too much to Kendra about this upcoming cruise that she worked and saved every dime she could...and booked it too. But this time, she left the bf at home and it was just her and my grandson this time around. Now anyone who has read my reviews in the past, know my grandson is...um, well...a little terror to say the least. Constant reminding and threatening does not go a long way with him. I love him to death, but man does he strike a nerve when he can. Just saying...

So the Pride was booked and the planning had begun and I will tell more about that during the review.

As you can all tell by now, I'm a little winded with my reviews. Yes they are long. Yes they have a lot of detail in them. Yes, they contain a lot of pictures. If you are not prepared for that or like the short and sweet reviews, this one is probably not for you.

However, I can say this is the first time I have started a review and have ALL my pictures picked out, done and hosted. So all I have to do is type and insert pictures. It should go a lot quicker than most of my reviews. I know how people can get a little anxious waiting for more. I'll try to do my best. Hey, I want this over with as soon as possible too so I can continue making plans for Bermuda. ;)

So let the fun begin...

Love the review....this is my 2nd time reading through it. LOL I am on the pride in a few weeks. Sooo excited.

I can not believe you are a grand mom....you look so young. Great genes!

I am also a proud grand mom. Hope to cruise with you some day...you seem like a blast to hang with!:):)

Your trip reports and photos are wonderful and I always enjoy them, especially the photos of your darling daughter, who already looks like a beauty queen! I don't mean to be offensive, but do you not worry about spoiling her with all these cruises at such a young age? With her looks, she's bound to have a lot of men after her when she's older and you may be setting her up to be high maintenance. ;)

Glad you enjoy the reviews and thanks for the comments. Yea, she's a "little" spoiled at this point, but then again so were my other 3 growing up...why stop now. :D When I read this to my husband he said "no worries, I'll be the only man in her life and I won't have a problem spoiling her"...in a "firm" daddy voice. :p She's definitely going to be high maintenance (already is), so I guess that means she'll be pretty "choosy" when she grows up and when she finds that special guy that will pamper her (as I did) it will be even more special. :D

We just got off the Pride yesterday. I have to totally agree with you about the beds. I mentioned how uncomfortable they were and the steward said they were brand new. HOWEVER, he was able to put down extra comforters for us under the fitted sheet and it was so much better. Not the cloud like beds I remember from past cruises but very tolerable.

Someone must have complained about the golf balls at putt putt between our cruises, because on ours there were extra golf balls everywhere. The rack was full and buckets of them sitting around.

I was amazed about how quick getting off the ship was, I felt like we did something wrong and missed a step since we were off and in the parking lot in less than 15 minutes.

Your camp carnival experience may have been because of the number of kids on your trip. My daughter is the same age as yours and only once did we have to go to a different location to get her and that was our fault. It was listed properly in the schedule they gave us, we just didn't check it.

Are you serious? The beds are brand new? Yikes!

Yea, definitely no golf balls to be found on our cruise.

Getting off the ship was amazing. I really liked how you didn't have to get your luggage until AFTER customs. That was awesome. I wish all places were like that.

That might be true about the Camp Carnival with it being spring break/Easter. But I couldn't help wonder what they were doing with the kids in the age group that should have been at those places because it seemed like they were always gone. But then again, it's not like our kids were up there using their facilities and someone else was using our kids place. It would be empty and closed when they were gone. So...it really didn't make a lot of sense to me.

Kim, I have always enjoyed your Reviews. Its like reading a book where you can't wait to get to the next chapter. When the Review is done it leaves you empty & craving for more. I have used your reviews as guidelines in arranging our Excursions. As a matter of fact, I have already made reservations for LFK back a few months & we won't be there until this coming December.

Other than the Bermuda cruise, do you have anything else in the works? It must be getting harder now that your daughter is in school.

Enjoy Bermuda! We have only been there 2x & loved it both times. First was for our Honeymoon :) back in 1978. The "Blizzard of 78" paid for that & the 2nd time was on a cruise from Boston to the Caribbean year ago.

Aww, thanks for such kind words. I'm glad you enjoy them so much. Another review coming up next month, so prepare for that novel. :p

I hope you have a wonderful time and wonderful weather at LFK. It's amazing there!

Actually it's easier now than before (I think that's why we were able to squeeze in 3 cruises last year instead of the normal 2 cruises). When I was in school, it only gave us basically 2 times to cruise during the year in between classes. Now that I have finished, we pretty much go whenever we want. Sakari never misses any school...unless we are cruising. So, I have taken her out for that.

We are looking for another cruise to book for around November or so. I just can't make up my mind. If I do NCL, it will be on the Jade. I'm still trying to pick a Carnival cruise-but there's too many options to pick from and I can't make up my mind. :p

OMG, I am so excited that I found another one of your reviews. I've enjoyed reading your previous reviews and find them so full of helpful hints and tips for my cruise. Your reviews remind me of reading a book that I get so into it. Can't wait to get started, and thanks again for sharing your review with us!!!

So glad I can be of some help with the reviews. Thanks for the awesome comments. I really appreciate it. :)

Love the review....this is my 2nd time reading through it. LOL I am on the pride in a few weeks. Sooo excited.

I can not believe you are a grand mom....you look so young. Great genes!

I am also a proud grand mom. Hope to cruise with you some day...you seem like a blast to hang with!

Aww, you are my new best friend now after those comments. :D

Actually....

I JUST BECAME GRANDMA AGAIN YESTERDAY. :eek: :)

My youngest son just became a daddy (which is why him and his fiance were not able to sail with us this time around). 36 hours of labor, 18 hours without an epidural and then in the end had to have a c-section. :( This grandma got 1 1/2 hours of sleep the entire weekend and I'm exhausted still after sleeping last night. So I'm a grandma of 5 now. :o The baby had some complications, but all is good now. :)

Aww, you are my new best friend now after those comments.

Actually....

I JUST BECAME GRANDMA AGAIN YESTERDAY. :eek:

My youngest son just became a daddy (which is why him and his fiance were not able to sail with us this time around). 36 hours of labor, 18 hours without an epidural and then in the end had to have a c-section. :( This grandma got 1 1/2 hours of sleep the entire weekend and I'm exhausted still after sleeping last night. So I'm a grandma of 5 now. :o The baby had some complications, but all is good now.

OH my goodness...CONGRATS!! Glad all is well that is a long time to be in labor these days. Back in the day (sounding like a grand mom now) they let you go that long but now they are usually quick to do a c-section.

Anyway, maybe this is the reason to go on your next cruise...hehehe (the newest addition needs to go too):D

Another GREAT review Kim! I always get bummed when I finish a review from either you or Gambee, but lucky me... there's another one coming next month! :)

I really can't believe how big Sakari is getting. I kind of feel like I've seen her grow up through reading your reviews. Such a dollbaby she is. And I will admit that I did miss hearing about Kendra's antics.

And finally, a big CONGRATS on your new grandbaby. Aren't they the best! :D

OH my goodness...CONGRATS!! Glad all is well that is a long time to be in labor these days. Back in the day (sounding like a grand mom now) they let you go that long but now they are usually quick to do a c-section.

Anyway, maybe this is the reason to go on your next cruise...hehehe (the newest addition needs to go too)

Thanks so much. Oh I doubt the little one will be going any time soon. I know momma and daddy want to head out with us around November or so but do not plan on taking the new addition. I can't blame them. I wouldn't want to be tied down with a little one either, which is why we waited until Sakari was 3 years old to let her go. :p

Another GREAT review Kim! I always get bummed when I finish a review from either you or Gambee, but lucky me... there's another one coming next month! :)

I really can't believe how big Sakari is getting. I kind of feel like I've seen her grow up through reading your reviews. Such a dollbaby she is. And I will admit that I did miss hearing about Kendra's antics.

And finally, a big CONGRATS on your new grandbaby. Aren't they the best! :D

Thanks for the compliments. Glad you enjoyed the review.

Sakari is definitely getting big and she won't think twice about telling you she's a "big girl" now. :p You would have really seen the changes had I done my first few reviews like I do now. Some times I can't believe she did the things she did back then on her first cruise...she was so little but had no fear!

I'm pretty sure Kendra's antics will return on our next cruise since SHE has more family members going with her (from her bf's side of the family). It should get quite interesting. :o

Thanks for the congrats on the new grandbaby. I think she has as much hair as Sakari does (just kidding of course but she is loaded with it!) :D

I really enjoyed your review!!!! I sail on the Pride on a B2B cruise May 24 - June 7, 2015!!!! I also sail am sailing the NCL Dawn to Bermuda in July so I can't wait for your review!!! Thanks for taking the time to write such a great review!