Mitsugirly takes great PRIDE in bringing her Spring Break extreme review

mitsugirly

Spent a couple hours reading the whole thing! Loved it! Also read Jamman's 2001 Zenith review. We sailed to Bermuda on the Zenith twice, also the Horizon which was our lst cruise!

Glad you loved it Karen. :)

Loving your review. I'm on page 16... I am an EMT and night time dispatcher so I've been reading your review for two reasons...

1) fill the slow periods.

2) remind me why I need my job.. to earn money for awesome cruises like yours!

Thanks so much for the review, I look forward to finishing it up soon!

Haha, love your reasons. Glad you are enjoying it. :)

Thank you for such a wonderful review! If you don't mind me asking, what type of camera are you using for theses photos? iPhone, point & shoot or some glorious form of DSLR that is waterproof I don't know about? Lol! Thanks again!

Thank you for such a wonderful review! If you don't mind me asking, what type of camera are you using for theses photos? iPhone, point & shoot or some glorious form of DSLR that is waterproof I don't know about? Lol! Thanks again!

Thanks for the comments and glad you enjoyed the review.

I have two cameras actually. I have an Olympus Tough Point and shoot for both (which are waterproof) models 620 and 830. :)

Hi

We are cruising with our 10yr old twins for their first cruise. What if any excursions or place would you recommend for grand turk and freeport. Are the stingray tours worth it in either location? Tia

We did not do any excursions or tours in Grand Turk because the port itself was a great place to hang out and the beach is right there and free.

We have not done the stingrays in either of these locations, so hopefully someone else that has can help you out. We have only done the stingrays (twice) in Grand Cayman at the sandbar. (It's absolutely wonderful if you ever get a chance to go there. They're not in a pen or anything and you are out in the middle of the ocean on a sandbar and it's only about 3-4 foot deep and they just come running to be fed. A great experience). :)

• 5 weeks later...

Kim - thanks for the awesome review. My husband and I snagged a great last minute deal and leave in 31 days on the Pride. I'm nervous about just going to the Bahamas and wish we had your itinerary instead. Hoping we like it because we will likely take our 2 teenage aona on the ship next summer as a graduation gift for our oldes.

Anyhoo, I appreciate all the pictures which feed my pre trip review addiction. I agree with the others that your daughter is beautiful and appreciate you sharing your family antics and vacation with me!

Kim - thanks for the awesome review. My husband and I snagged a great last minute deal and leave in 31 days on the Pride. I'm nervous about just going to the Bahamas and wish we had your itinerary instead. Hoping we like it because we will likely take our 2 teenage aona on the ship next summer as a graduation gift for our oldes.

Anyhoo, I appreciate all the pictures which feed my pre trip review addiction. I agree with the others that your daughter is beautiful and appreciate you sharing your family antics and vacation with me!

Thanks for the comments and kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed the review. Lucky you to be leaving on the Pride in a month. I wish I was. :D

Hopefully you'll find something fun and interesting to do the Bahamas. While it's not my favorite place to go for sure, I always usually find something for us to do. :p

Have an AWESOME cruise on the Pride.

Just re-reading this, booked the Pride Sept. 2016 to Bermuda. Had initially booked the Dawn for same time, but with a $700 USD price per person savings, it was a no brainer to switch. So I have the perfect combo, the Pride ship review and your Bermuda review to start the planning!

Just re-reading this, booked the Pride Sept. 2016 to Bermuda. Had initially booked the Dawn for same time, but with a $700 USD price per person savings, it was a no brainer to switch. So I have the perfect combo, the Pride ship review and your Bermuda review to start the planning!

Oh my gosh, if I could have taken the Pride there I definitely would have preferred it over the Dawn. That would have been a no brainer to me. I hope you have a WONDERFUL time on the Pride and in Bermuda. Lucky you! :D

• 5 weeks later...
Looks like you had good time in Grand Turk, would you recommend the beach near the port for snorkelling or if you could , would you have gone else where?

Eh, I didn't think it had the best snorkeling around there. Things to see...yes. But I always manage to see things snorkeling no matter where I go. It just made for a nice free/cheap day.

I know if you do a search on here, people have given directions on where to snorkel (and the route) for awesome snorkeling from the beach (and I believe it's toward the other side of the pier...like down by the conch graveyard).

If you are trying to go somewhere that's not around there, the place I had researched to go was bohio. It's a dive place as well, but I had read there's great snorkeling down there.

I just booked a cruise on the Breeze. It is stopping at 2 ports that you have not been to, Mitsugirly. I was like OMG how am we going to know what to do and where to go without your advice. lol.

We are going to St. Martaan, St Thomas, Anitgua, and Amber Cove. Excited to get to some new ports as have done sooo many Western Carribean.

I just booked a cruise on the Breeze. It is stopping at 2 ports that you have not been to, Mitsugirly. I was like OMG how am we going to know what to do and where to go without your advice. lol.

We are going to St. Martaan, St Thomas, Anitgua, and Amber Cove. Excited to get to some new ports as have done sooo many Western Carribean.

You suck! No seriously...so lucky that you get to go on the Breeze. I really really really want to sail on her (and also want to sail with Matt but he's moving to the new ship). I have a friend leaving on the Breeze this weekend. I would have booked it if I didn't already have my Breakaway cruise booked in 3 weeks from now.

I love trying out new ports. It will be interesting to see Amber Cove. I haven't even thought about Antigua before. Maybe I should start researching for cruises with new ports for me. LOL This year I made a vow that I would only cruise to new ports that I have never been to in the past. I managed to accomplish that. My new ports were Grand Turk, HMC and Bermuda. It's been a great year although I do find myself wanting to return again to some of the old ports that I have come to love. But who knows, maybe next year will bring new ports again. :D

LOL at not knowing what to do in the new ports because I haven't been there before. :p Thanks for the compliment. :)

You suck! No seriously...so lucky that you get to go on the Breeze. I really really really want to sail on her (and also want to sail with Matt but he's moving to the new ship). I have a friend leaving on the Breeze this weekend. I would have booked it if I didn't already have my Breakaway cruise booked in 3 weeks from now.

I love trying out new ports. It will be interesting to see Amber Cove. I haven't even thought about Antigua before. Maybe I should start researching for cruises with new ports for me. LOL This year I made a vow that I would only cruise to new ports that I have never been to in the past. I managed to accomplish that. My new ports were Grand Turk, HMC and Bermuda. It's been a great year although I do find myself wanting to return again to some of the old ports that I have come to love. But who knows, maybe next year will bring new ports again. :D

LOL at not knowing what to do in the new ports because I haven't been there before. :p Thanks for the compliment. :)

If you get a chance to go to Antigua check out Cerole Cruises Lobster Lunch Cruise. Little expensive (about $130 per person) but was worth every dollar. Glen and Mario were fantastic, all the bear and home made rum punch, Lobster and other fixings, nice snorkeling, on the island were we had lunch you could walk around and climb to top if the island and what a view plus the birds fly in air like they are not moving just supended. We also went to and area with a bunch of star fish, plus you get to see on of Oprah's homes. Was a great time. :)

The Ump

John

I have a question about the Main Dining Room... I forget where I read it but I heard that the "Your Time" diners have their meals on the 2nd floor of the dining room. My question is, after looking at your photos, are the stairs in the dining room up to the 2nd floor of it the only way to the 2nd floor?

I have a question about the Main Dining Room... I forget where I read it but I heard that the "Your Time" diners have their meals on the 2nd floor of the dining room. My question is, after looking at your photos, are the stairs in the dining room up to the 2nd floor of it the only way to the 2nd floor?

Yes, YTD is on the 2nd level of the dining room, or on deck 3 and there is an entrance on both decks. If you have YTD, you will enter the MDR on deck 3. Each deck has it's own hosts.

Kim, someone was asking about the BW in Elkridge (which we both stayed at pre cruise) on another thread and I directed her here to read your opinion and see your pictures! ;)

Correct, the your time dining is on the second floor of the dinning room on this ship. You can just get off the elevators on that floor. I don't think they really use the steps inside the dining room and it's just for looks or the staff might use it (you can walk up and down it) But you line up and come in from outside the dining room just like you would on the first floor.

• 3 weeks later...
The hubby came back with his paid receipt for the cabana and the guy ask us which we wanted and we moved over just 1...which actually was a better location because we could now see down the pathway between the chairs to the water easier and set up camp AGAIN.

Oh my! That must have been frustrating!! I saw them there when we were in Grand Turk the other year, but didn't know how you rented them. How much did the cabana end up costing you? Where did your hubby end up finding someone to rent one? Totally enjoying your review!!

~Becky:)

Oh my! That must have been frustrating!! I saw them there when we were in Grand Turk the other year, but didn't know how you rented them. How much did the cabana end up costing you? Where did your hubby end up finding someone to rent one? Totally enjoying your review!!

~Becky:)

Hi, sorry for the delay, we just returned today from a cruise. :D

I'm honestly not sure where he found someone. I think they were walking up and down the beach. I believe we paid $20 for the rental for the entire day.

Glad you're enjoying the review. :)

Hi, sorry for the delay, we just returned today from a cruise. :D

I'm honestly not sure where he found someone. I think they were walking up and down the beach. I believe we paid $20 for the rental for the entire day.

Glad you're enjoying the review. :)

No problem for the delay. I realized after I posted you were currently on a cruise. Thanks for the information and I hope you had another EXCELLENT cruise! :)

~Becky