Mitsugirly takes great PRIDE in bringing her Spring Break extreme review

mitsugirly

Hey Kim, welcome back from your cruise. Did you get any of the bad weather from the hurricane? If you are going to do a report, let me know so I can mosey over to the NCL forum! :rolleyes: We booked Pride for a Journeys cruise in March. We are super excited! Can't wait to have another Guy's burger! :eek::p I don't think we will stay at BW in Elkridge again. Think we might try Holiday Inn Express/stadium.

Oh my gosh, if I could have taken the Pride there I definitely would have preferred it over the Dawn. That would have been a no brainer to me. I hope you have a WONDERFUL time on the Pride and in Bermuda. Lucky you! :D

I finally finished reading your Pride review and I'm thinking I want to cruise on it in 2017 if I can also do the Bermuda itinerary. It would be so convenient to cruise from my hometown port and I'm okay with paying a bit more to spend time in Bermuda.

I'm going on the Vista next Thanksgiving and I'll finally be Gold (which I'm not sure means anything) so I may stick with Carnival for another cruise or two. But I am getting kinda bored of the same old food, activities, ports, etc. I'm going to start reading your NCL reviews and decide if I'll cruise like a Norwegian sooner than later. LOL

Mitsugirly, what cruise did you go on. I love reading your reviews!!!

We just got off the NCL Breakaway to Bermuda. :)

No problem for the delay. I realized after I posted you were currently on a cruise. Thanks for the information and I hope you had another EXCELLENT cruise! :)

~Becky

You are welcome for the info and yes, we did have a wonderful cruise for the most part. :D

Hey Kim, welcome back from your cruise. Did you get any of the bad weather from the hurricane? If you are going to do a report, let me know so I can mosey over to the NCL forum! We booked Pride for a Journeys cruise in March. We are super excited! Can't wait to have another Guy's burger! I don't think we will stay at BW in Elkridge again. Think we might try Holiday Inn Express/stadium.

Thanks Karen. Good to hear from you.

Yep, sure did get some of the effects of that hurricane, but not enough to spoil "my" vacation. ;)

Now when have you ever known me to not do a review? :eek: hehe. I'm just being a little slow at the moment and trying to get motivated. Hey, I at least have all my pictures downloaded onto the computer. I guess that's a start. Now lots of putting pictures in folders and figuring things out. :p

Lucky you booking the Journeys cruise for the Pride. I hope you have a wonderful time. Eat some Guys for me! (I love Guys).

I finally finished reading your Pride review and I'm thinking I want to cruise on it in 2017 if I can also do the Bermuda itinerary. It would be so convenient to cruise from my hometown port and I'm okay with paying a bit more to spend time in Bermuda.

I'm going on the Vista next Thanksgiving and I'll finally be Gold (which I'm not sure means anything) so I may stick with Carnival for another cruise or two. But I am getting kinda bored of the same old food, activities, ports, etc. I'm going to start reading your NCL reviews and decide if I'll cruise like a Norwegian sooner than later. LOL

The Pride to Bermuda would be a fantastic cruise to do! I would highly consider it if I was you. Have you read my (kinda) recent Bermuda review from the Dawn? Not that you have to read the ship review part, but there's tons of info about the beaches and things we did that might give you an idea. :)

• 3 weeks later...
POOL DECK

P4050025%20copy-L.jpg

I was super excited when I found out that the Pride had a retractable roof. I thought that was the neatest thing ever and was hoping and praying they would have it closed at some point during the cruise.

For those that don't know, they can only open and close the roof when they are in port and it can't be done while at sea. So, the Captain determines whether or not it gets closed/opened.

I was happy to see they had it closed when we boarded in Baltimore and it remained closed for the 2 days we were at sea (obviously). They opened it once we made it to Grand Turk.

Now I do know that others complained (I read on here) about it being closed and compared it to being at the local YMCA and also it getting too hot or muggy in there. I guess it only reminded me of the Y in the sense that it was enclosed and was kinda loud like at the pool. Yes, it was warmer in there, but yes, we needed it!!! I was freezing the first 2 days and it was not exactly "cruise" weather in my book. So, it was nice to walk in there from outside and get warm.

P4050025%20copy-L.jpg

P4100006%20copy-L.jpg

P4050249%20copy-L.jpg

P4050250%20copy-L.jpg

P4100165%20copy-L.jpg

I am so glad you included that information about the retractable roof! I will be on the Pride in February and two sea days from Baltimore to the Bahamas. I am glad I won't have to spend the whole time "inside" the ship! Is the pool open during the sea days?

I am so glad you included that information about the retractable roof! I will be on the Pride in February and two sea days from Baltimore to the Bahamas. I am glad I won't have to spend the whole time "inside" the ship! Is the pool open during the sea days?

The roof is amazing and I wish all ships had them. It makes it very nice when the weather is bad because you can still use the area and swim.

Yes, the pool is open on sea days. Depending on the weather will determine if it's open or not when the ship is either getting ready to sail away or in port. If they think they'll have bad weather along the way, they'll close it prior to leaving. However, if it's closed and they are moving, they won't open it back up until they have docked again and vice versa. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have been entertaining myself reading your reviews and just started on this one. If you decide to sail out of Baltimore again, I hope you can let me know so I can come up and meet you. I live about 50 minutes south of BWI. We also own a Golf Center with mini golf, batting cages and a driving range. I could get you and take you for some fun to entertain the kids. Our Golf center is closer to Baltimore than where we live.

I have been entertaining myself reading your reviews and just started on this one. If you decide to sail out of Baltimore again, I hope you can let me know so I can come up and meet you. I live about 50 minutes south of BWI. We also own a Golf Center with mini golf, batting cages and a driving range. I could get you and take you for some fun to entertain the kids. Our Golf center is closer to Baltimore than where we live.

Aww thanks for the offer. I'll try to keep that in mind. You are so kind. I know if we ever sail out of Baltimore again, it will have to be during the summer with some decent warm weather. :p

Hi all!

mitsugirly ~ I was sorry to read on the other thread that you didn't get to see the towel animals around the pool. That would have been fun for the kids & even for big kids like myself!;) I came upon it by chance once & wonder why they don't post it in the daily paper.

Nice that they had Dr Seuss on this ship & the Fuzzie/Furries?

~ Jo ~:)

Hey there!

Yeah, we are our own special group that does a cruise once a year. We have no affiliation with the cruise lines we sail on nor with any company otherwise. The lead organizer for this event is Keet Collie from Michigan.

My photos from last years in which Mitsugirly was also on and reviewed are here if you wish are here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/rcthefox/albums/72157656107705266

I'm one of the lead organizers for furry events in Pittsburgh, PA and have been featured in several newspapers such as the Business Times and Post-Gazette.

Our website where you can find out where we are going next is http://www.furrycruise.com

And feel free to contact me here or on my twitter @RCTheFox or Facebook: RCTheFoxSuit

Hope to maybe catch you around?

A while back you had said that you hoped someone could get you a Dream Christmas ornament and someone did answer they were going on the Dream in Aug. Were they able to get you that ornament? I am going to be on the Dream in January and could see if any are there then if you still were needing one.

Here is another question....Do you have a place where you post cruises you are going to go on? It would be interesting to know where your next adventure is going to be.

Mitsu, I have a question for you. Looking at my signature, you'll see we have cruised two CCL vessels, both of which we had issues with the AC. As you know NCL has great AC's on their ships. How do they compare to the two CCL ships you have been on? :)

Great review, we're doing a 14 day cruise on the Pride next Mar and so looking forward to spending that much time on board. We've sailed the Miracle twice and it's the same class ship. Thanks for all the pictures.

Happy cruising!

I always love your reviews...just on page 8 but wanted to tell you. Now, don't slap me, but are those some of the ugliest darkest rooms ever? Hoping Vista will be brighter and lighter. Again, just my opinion and doesn't mean a thing. Honest. Maybe it's me.

That was rude, it just seemed like everything was so dark. Was it?

Mary

LOL, not rude at all. Yea, they are kinda dark but I find that a lot of the "older" ships are like that (even with NCL, which I sail a lot). I think it's the funny odd color of the wood in the rooms that does it for me.

Even the Dream had those red/brown colors but the wood wasn't as dark:

P5100013-%282%29-M.jpg

A while back you had said that you hoped someone could get you a Dream Christmas ornament and someone did answer they were going on the Dream in Aug. Were they able to get you that ornament? I am going to be on the Dream in January and could see if any are there then if you still were needing one.

Here is another question....Do you have a place where you post cruises you are going to go on? It would be interesting to know where your next adventure is going to be.

Yep, they sure did get me an ornament. I just wrapped it today for Sakari for Christmas. She's going to be so excited when she opens it. :D Have i said how much I love the people here on cc lately? They are wonderful for doing things like this for me. :)

When I have a cruise(s) booked, they are in my signature line in the form of a countdown with the ship listed. I currently don't have anything booked. I will be figuring that out some time after next week (I'm currently in school again, going for a second degree in nursing, my BSN, and it pretty much has ate up all my time lately).

I will be booking something for Sakari's Spring Break in March. :D I want to head back to the Caribbean...even to some places we have been to many times. There's still a lot more to explore in each port.

Mitsu, I have a question for you. Looking at my signature, you'll see we have cruised two CCL vessels, both of which we had issues with the AC. As you know NCL has great AC's on their ships. How do they compare to the two CCL ships you have been on? :)

I have to say that I probably had the same experience as you IF it was a room with a balcony. We only had a balcony on the Pride and an interior on the Dream (which was fine from what I remember).

The problem with the a/c are the rooms with the balconies and people propping their doors open. There have been many conversations about this both on here, John's page and on social media. When you prop open the door, it causes the a/c to work harder in that room with the door open and it pulls from the other rooms (so I'm told). Which of course makes their room too warm and the a/c can't keep up with it. So that seems to be the problem. I have never had this problem with any of the NCL ships...even when people have the doors open to the balcony. :cool:

Great review, we're doing a 14 day cruise on the Pride next Mar and so looking forward to spending that much time on board. We've sailed the Miracle twice and it's the same class ship. Thanks for all the pictures.

Happy cruising!

Thanks for the comments and glad you liked the review.

I'll have to keep that in mind (the Miracle being the same class ship) since I'm looking for a cruise in March with Carnival. :)

That's weird that the retractable roof can only b open or closed while in port. I remember twice on Liberty they closed for short period when we cruised through storm. Is liberty's different?

Thanks for your nice response - the dark wood is probably the look I don't like the most. Other than that it's a pretty ship and your review is AWESOME!! Off to read more...

Mary

The funny thing is, it's this "reddish" brown that I don't like. However, we were on one of NCL's older ships that had a refurb done in an area where there wasn't any rooms previously (now made into rooms) and it has the actual dark "brown" wood and I absolutely loved it.

P6050047%20copy-S.jpg

I guess maybe because it doesn't look "fake" or something. :confused:

That's weird that the retractable roof can only b open or closed while in port. I remember twice on Liberty they closed for short period when we cruised through storm. Is liberty's different?

That's what everyone has always stated on here and that's what the staff told me on the ship. So, I'm honestly not sure. :confused: Maybe they do in extreme cases (like a storm)?

We cruised during a spring break when my youngest was still in high school and it was about 40% higher than when we cruised when the kids are in school. Now that was back before computers and we relied on TAs for prices, so I don't know if it is still true nowadays.

We cruised during a spring break when my youngest was still in high school and it was about 40% higher than when we cruised when the kids are in school. Now that was back before computers and we relied on TAs for prices, so I don't know if it is still true nowadays.

Yep, still holds true. They know when Spring Break month(s) are and the prices rise. This year we cruised during Spring Break and we paid 3x the amount we normally do to cruise on the Pride. :eek: But I bit the bullet and did it because I really wanted to cruise the Pride and go to new places I hadn't been to before. We had a great time and glad we went. I'll just have to pay the price again. In the past, we have usually cruised during "off season" when the kids are in school, but I don't think they are liking it too much at her school (taking her out 2-3 times during the school year). They always approve it, she does her homework/make-up work, but still. :(