Mitsugirly takes great PRIDE in bringing her Spring Break extreme review

mitsugirly

Puddle jumpers are the best. I hate seeing kids with those inflateable water wings on. Those things are so dangerous.

Zeta3, I like your screen name. Do you enjoy the colors of teal and steel grey along with 5-pointed crowns by chance?

MITSUGIRLY, I finally booked one for us for the Fall. We are doing the 5 day Fascination out of Jacksonville going to the Bahamas. I will need to go back and read your info on the ports since it is sometimes tricky to find things to do there.

Zeta3, I like your screen name. Do you enjoy the colors of teal and steel grey along with 5-pointed crowns by chance?

MITSUGIRLY, I finally booked one for us for the Fall. We are doing the 5 day Fascination out of Jacksonville going to the Bahamas. I will need to go back and read your info on the ports since it is sometimes tricky to find things to do there.

Awesome. I hope you have a wonderful time. I really don't care for the Bahamas and refuse to book anything that just goes there but if a ship I'm on "has" to have a stop there, so be it. So, I hope you find something you like. What are your stops going to be?

Mitsugirly,

I am set to sail on the Pride on Sunday. My second time on her. First time was out in Long Beach, CA... She is a perfect size.

You have taken some awesome pictures! What kind of camera are you using for land and the underwater pictures?

I had a nice canon d10 underwater that I gave to a friends son to help his budding photography interest.

I'm looking to buy a new one, and like I said, your pictures look fantastic- very vibrant. Are you altering the colors at all, or are they just out of the camera pics?

Thank you for a great review too!

Mitsugirly,

I am set to sail on the Pride on Sunday. My second time on her. First time was out in Long Beach, CA... She is a perfect size.

You have taken some awesome pictures! What kind of camera are you using for land and the underwater pictures?

I had a nice canon d10 underwater that I gave to a friends son to help his budding photography interest.

I'm looking to buy a new one, and like I said, your pictures look fantastic- very vibrant. Are you altering the colors at all, or are they just out of the camera pics?

Thank you for a great review too!

So are you going to experience the 2.0 upgrades for the first time this time around I assume? I loved the Pride. She was just awesome.

It's funny you mentioned the Canon D10, most of my earlier reviews were done using a Canon D10 and I loved it. However, (I had 2) neither one of them lasted very long (maybe 2 years each). I did start to notice the picture quality decline over time as well.

I moved on to the Olympus Tough cameras and like them even more. They have better picture quality I think, and some amazing new settings (my personal favorite is the tilt shift photos) compared to the Canon. I have 2 of them as well...the models are 620 and the 830. The 830 is a newer model of course (and you will find all kinds of models out there and even newer ones of course) and it has pretty much the same functions as the 620 BUT the one thing I did notice that is different is that you can be filming and still take pictures at the same time. It also has 1 other underwater setting (I think it's the macro) on it as well. There's probably more functions I'm unaware of (because I got so use to using my 620 that I still tend to use it the most and use the 830 as a back up).

There are a lot of different picture functions on it that can make the pictures extremely colorful and bright. You have to play around with them. When I'm somewhere, I always take multiple pictures of the same thing, but on different settings, to get that "perfect" picture I'm looking for. The only thing I do to them is put my watermark on them and then save for web, which gives a sharper image to them automatically when doing so (because any time you save an image it loses quality each time). I did find out that if you put the camera on the underwater setting, it will take really cool vivid pictures out of water (unlike the canon D10 which would make the pictures turn a funny looking orange).

I hope you have a wonderful vacation on Sunday. I'm headed to Bermuda in 2 days on NLC and can't wait (it's my first time there). :)

Thanks for the camera info!

I've been to Bermuda several times- once by cruise- ncl star from NYC

When there, make sure you have lots of US dollars, as the water taxi doesn't take credit card- if you are there for a few days- but the 2 or 3 day pass- much cheaper!

We hired a taxi driver - mr bean! He had a pith helmet and all. He picked us up at the wharf and took us out all day for a photographic extravaganza and tour of the island.

The next day, we took the water taxi to Hamilton and then a taxi to a resort on elbow beach- for a day pass at cocoreef. Cocoreefbermuda.com

You don't need to call ahead, just show up its $49 which included 2 course lunch and wine. They have a neat beach area with interesting rock formations- awesome for pictures with water in background.... If you walk up the beach a little more you are at the 5 star elbow beach hotel which has day passes - a cabana with a cabin boy for almost $500!--- the cabin boy almost makes it worth it though ;-).

Check out cocoreef on Google. Truly, for a day at the beach it's very nice and affordable!

Thanks for the camera info!

I've been to Bermuda several times- once by cruise- ncl star from NYC

When there, make sure you have lots of US dollars, as the water taxi doesn't take credit card- if you are there for a few days- but the 2 or 3 day pass- much cheaper!

We hired a taxi driver - mr bean! He had a pith helmet and all. He picked us up at the wharf and took us out all day for a photographic extravaganza and tour of the island.

The next day, we took the water taxi to Hamilton and then a taxi to a resort on elbow beach- for a day pass at cocoreef. Cocoreefbermuda.com

You don't need to call ahead, just show up its $49 which included 2 course lunch and wine. They have a neat beach area with interesting rock formations- awesome for pictures with water in background.... If you walk up the beach a little more you are at the 5 star elbow beach hotel which has day passes - a cabana with a cabin boy for almost $500!--- the cabin boy almost makes it worth it though ;-).

Check out cocoreef on Google. Truly, for a day at the beach it's very nice and affordable!

Thanks for the info. I have spent months and months planning this trip :eek: and we already have all our plans worked out for our 3 days in Bermuda and it is jam packed at this point. :p So maybe next time I'll try some of the suggestions you have given me. Sounds like a great time. :)

Glad I could help you with the cameras.

Thank you so much for another amazing review! I have never considered sailing Carnival prior to your review for the Pride and now, it's on my list! The pictures were great and it looks like such a beautiful ship that I can't resist checking pricing and itinerary.

Can't wait to see your thoughts on the Dawn! I was planning this one, as well, since it sails out from a port close to me, but the pictures I saw on the NCL site just do not do it justice (looks super dated). Have a wonderful time in Bermuda!!! :)

I've really enjoyed reading this review and your other reviews, mitsugirly. You always make everyone feel like they are right along for the ride. Great stuff as always and thanks so much for your help over on the Ports of Call boards as well. Your are one of the people that makes CC such a great place to be! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the review. We sailed on pride last year before her update, I was curious about what upgrades she had. We just booked her for next jan got one of those free cruise deals somehow. We're doing a 11 day southern Caribbean

I thought the pizza was just about the most delicious things I ever ate, I hope I like the burritos!!

I haven't been on CC much lately. I was so happy to see your review for the Pride. We sail her for the first time in September. Thank you for taking pictures of everything. For those who have never sailed on a Carnival ship before it comes in very handy!!!

Thank you so much for another amazing review! I have never considered sailing Carnival prior to your review for the Pride and now, it's on my list! The pictures were great and it looks like such a beautiful ship that I can't resist checking pricing and itinerary.

Can't wait to see your thoughts on the Dawn! I was planning this one, as well, since it sails out from a port close to me, but the pictures I saw on the NCL site just do not do it justice (looks super dated). Have a wonderful time in Bermuda!!! :)

We had an awesome time on the Pride...and even on the Dream back in 2013. I would not hesitate to sail Carnival again...and if we are able to squeeze in 1 more cruise this year, we will probably find a Carnival ship to go on.

We just got off the Dawn today. I'm downloading my pictures and will be organizing them and will start my review as soon as I can. Just be watching for the link in my signature line. :D

I've really enjoyed reading this review and your other reviews, mitsugirly. You always make everyone feel like they are right along for the ride. Great stuff as always and thanks so much for your help over on the Ports of Call boards as well. Your are one of the people that makes CC such a great place to be! :D

Aww, hearing kind words such as yours makes it worth it all. I try to be as helpful as I can. There's so many great people around here that help me with things that I can't wait to give back when I can.

Glad you enjoyed the review. :)

Thanks for the review. We sailed on pride last year before her update, I was curious about what upgrades she had. We just booked her for next jan got one of those free cruise deals somehow. We're doing a 11 day southern Caribbean

I thought the pizza was just about the most delicious things I ever ate, I hope I like the burritos!!

You got a "free cruise" somehow? :eek: I wish I could somehow get one of those. :D

11 day southern Caribbean on the Pride? Nice. I didn't realize she did that...maybe I should have waited. :p

The pizza wasn't bad, but the first night we had it, it was just very burned and "puffy". The other nights it wasn't. :)

I haven't been on CC much lately. I was so happy to see your review for the Pride. We sail her for the first time in September. Thank you for taking pictures of everything. For those who have never sailed on a Carnival ship before it comes in very handy!!!

I hope you have a wonderful time on her and you are very welcome for the pics. I'm a pictures person. :p

It's some promotion carnival is running for their carnival journey cruises. There are quite a few people here who have booked it. It need up costing us 210 bucks only

It's a one time cruise from Baltimore that goes to curaçao, grand Turk, Aruba, Bonaire and st croix it ends in San Juan

Thank you, for a great detailed review on the Pride. I love all your pics, I have the same camera Tough 830. I live 4 hours away from Baltimore, and I decided after my next cruise in the Fall. I'm going to cruise from my home port and ports I can drive too for a while. Tired of flying and paying high airfares.

I'm glad Sakari had a great time with camp Carnival this time.

I can't wait to read your review on Bermuda. I have a cruise booked for Bermuda Oct 2016 on NCL Breakaway. (My home port) :) This is going to be my first cruise on NCL and first time to Bermuda. I will be reading your reviews for tips and recommendation.

Thank you, for a great detailed review on the Pride. I love all your pics, I have the same camera Tough 830. I live 4 hours away from Baltimore, and I decided after my next cruise in the Fall. I'm going to cruise from my home port and ports I can drive too for a while. Tired of flying and paying high airfares.

I'm glad Sakari had a great time with camp Carnival this time.

I can't wait to read your review on Bermuda. I have a cruise booked for Bermuda Oct 2016 on NCL Breakaway. (My home port) :) This is going to be my first cruise on NCL and first time to Bermuda. I will be reading your reviews for tips and recommendation.

Thanks so much for the comments. I appreciate it. I just love my 830. I take it everywhere I go. :D You are very lucky to live only a few hours away from the port. I would kill for that. Maybe some day.

My Bermuda review has started (if you are not on there already...sorry, it's so hard to keep up with the various names that post). I would love to sail the Breakaway. We were on the Getaway last year and they should be almost the same ship except for the "theme" of course. :)

Just wanted to post a quick thank you for all of your reviews. As you can see by my signature up until now I've been an NCL only gal. It was actually this Pride review that made me interested in trying Carnival. Got my first one booked, and am enjoying checking out the Carnival board. So thanks again, just wanted you to know even us lurkers appreciate it a lot. :)

Thanks so much for the comments. I appreciate it. I just love my 830. I take it everywhere I go. :D You are very lucky to live only a few hours away from the port. I would kill for that. Maybe some day.

My Bermuda review has started (if you are not on there already...sorry, it's so hard to keep up with the various names that post). I would love to sail the Breakaway. We were on the Getaway last year and they should be almost the same ship except for the "theme" of course. :)

We "talked" about Pride and where to stay in Baltimore months ago and have enjoyed your reviews. Can you "send me" to your latest review? TIA:D

Just wanted to post a quick thank you for all of your reviews. As you can see by my signature up until now I've been an NCL only gal. It was actually this Pride review that made me interested in trying Carnival. Got my first one booked, and am enjoying checking out the Carnival board. So thanks again, just wanted you to know even us lurkers appreciate it a lot. :)

Thanks so much for the comment. I really appreciate it. I hope you have a good experience on Carnival like I have both times. :) I hope when I bring out the "lurkers". :D

We "talked" about Pride and where to stay in Baltimore months ago and have enjoyed your reviews. Can you "send me" to your latest review? TIA:D

Yes, definitely...hi Karen!!! My review can be found in my signature line under the NCL category and click on Dawn. That will take you to the first page. (Let me know if you can't find it or click on it and I will give you the direct link. I know sometimes people don't see the signature lines from things like their phone or ipad). :)

Wow, what an awesome detailed review.

Thank you for putting in such efforts.

I have booked HMC cruise on Carnival Fascination in month of November.

Any idea on weather on the ship during november ? Boarding from JAX.

From your DO's and DONT's listed, i am getting jittery feelings if i made good decision to go in Thanksgiving week. Please advise.

Thank you.

Yes, definitely...hi Karen!!! My review can be found in my signature line under the NCL category and click on Dawn. That will take you to the first page. (Let me know if you can't find it or click on it and I will give you the direct link. I know sometimes people don't see the signature lines from things like their phone or ipad). :)

Just started! On page 4, have a long way to go, but just what I need on a rainy day! Been to Bermuda I think 7x. Twice on land vacations and 5x on cruises, but we always docked at Hamilton, then went to St. George which is a completely different experience.

Just started! On page 4, have a long way to go, but just what I need on a rainy day! Been to Bermuda I think 7x. Twice on land vacations and 5x on cruises, but we always docked at Hamilton, then went to St. George which is a completely different experience.

I bet it's a different experience indeed. I talked to several people that had done just that and loved docking at Hamilton instead of the dockyard. I hope to get to explore Hamilton sometime in the future since we really didn't get to this time around. :)

I bet it's a different experience indeed. I talked to several people that had done just that and loved docking at Hamilton instead of the dockyard. I hope to get to explore Hamilton sometime in the future since we really didn't get to this time around. :)

Spent a couple hours reading the whole thing! Loved it! Also read Jamman's 2001 Zenith review. We sailed to Bermuda on the Zenith twice, also the Horizon which was our lst cruise!

Loving your review. I'm on page 16... I am an EMT and night time dispatcher so I've been reading your review for two reasons...

1) fill the slow periods.

2) remind me why I need my job.. to earn money for awesome cruises like yours!

Thanks so much for the review, I look forward to finishing it up soon!