Freedom -- Are cushions being replaced for balcony furniture

I've only sailed in a JS - never an OS or GS, but having loungers on a balcony is simply a must for me. It really is. We love our balconies, and spend a considerable amount of time out there reading, and relaxing. It really would affect my cruise if I had a JS or higher with no loungers. Our only cruises not in a JS were on a aft balcony which had loungers.

And not having cushions on a wicker seat? Really? How is that even acceptable? Those chairs are not even proper chairs without the cushion. Having to stuff pillows, or fold up duvets is simply unacceptable. I'd be livid.

I totally get that it's likely not a big deal for some (most) people, but for me- this thread is upsetting - especially when I read the comments that some staff are making when asked.

Edited by Toddcan

I sent Michael Bayley an email last night regarding the cushions and received a reply from his this a.m. He said "please do not worry. Grand Suite will be perfect". Michael

Not sure what that means but at least someone is seeing our comments.

I sent Michael Bayley an email last night regarding the cushions and received a reply from his this a.m. He said "please do not worry. Grand Suite will be perfect". Michael

Not sure what that means but at least someone is seeing our comments.

Cushions and loungers aside, I am really getting a different (positive) vibe from Mr. Bayley as far as trying to pinpoint what it is the customers really want and responding to it. I'm very encouraged by his comments about improving the suite experience, and I think that given time we may see some very positive changes.

Does that mean that everybody with a cruise in the next few weeks is going to be happy? No, but the issues we're seeing didn't develop over night, and it's going to take a little time to get them corrected.

I got my reply and it said "All cushions on all loungers on all Suite Balconies will be onboard May 3rd. If any guest sails before May 3rd we can accommodate by request. Sorry for the confusion. Thanks for emailing me."

I think I'll go post on that weeks Roll Call and ask if any one stays in a Suite to let us know if they have arrived!

I got my reply and it said "All cushions on all loungers on all Suite Balconies will be onboard May 3rd. If any guest sails before May 3rd we can accommodate by request. Sorry for the confusion. Thanks for emailing me."

I think I'll go post on that weeks Roll Call and ask if any one stays in a Suite to let us know if they have arrived!

So glad you're getting a positive response. I feel hopeful ;)

We sail on FR on 5-17-2015 in a JS so will be watching to see if wicket loungers in GS and above have cushions. Don't know if I would accept an upgrade for about $300!to a GS without assurance that cushions had loungers. Got an upgrade to a GS and loved the wicket balcony furniture -- both the padded lounger and the dining tables with 4 chairs with pads

We sail on FR on 5-17-2015 in a JS so will be watching to see if wicket loungers in GS and above have cushions. Don't know if I would accept an upgrade for about $300!to a GS without assurance that cushions had loungers. Got an upgrade to a GS and loved the wicket balcony furniture -- both the padded lounger and the dining tables with 4 chairs with pads

We are on Freedom May 3. We are going to steal the cushions. :-)

I'm thinkimg, this Mr. Bayley could care less about cushions on launge chairs. He gets paid the big bucks with or without cushions. If he were to recieve a massive amount of emails requesting cushions, it might work.:D

Sherri, you have mentioned this $300 upgrade a couple of times. How were you approached? We have been trying to upgrade from D1 to JS and I am not getting any responses

Sherri, you have mentioned this $300 upgrade a couple of times. How were you approached? We have been trying to upgrade from D1 to JS and I am not getting any responses
It was from the Revenue Dept. and seemed to be random to me. The employee called me and offered me an upgrade from a JS to an OS for $900 for the stateroom. Told him I was not interested in an OS but if he came up with a reasonable upgrade price for a GS, I would be interested. My initial contact seemed random (or maybe because we have upgraded to GS when the price had gone down below what we paid for a JS on EN). However, my response probably generated the second contact/offer for a GS upgrade for $300. We were watching $$ and have a lot of cruises booked so even a pretty reasonable $300 was more than we wanted to spend. I was glad that I did not spend the $300, even thought I love GSs and the perks, as the cushions on the wicker balcony chairs were not replaced. I spent a huge portion of the whole cruise on the balcony.

We just heard back from the "Executive Office" [emoji3]

"The Grand Suites should have lounge chairs on the balcony, unless there is a restriction based on the dimensions of the balcony. Please be assured that your stateroom will have all furnishing in place, including the lounge chair."

We're very happy campers [emoji3]

"The Grand Suites should have lounge chairs on the balcony, unless there is a restriction based on the dimensions of the balcony. Please be assured that your stateroom will have all furnishing in place, including the lounge chair."

Hope they mean that any lounge chairs on the GS balcony that are wicker have cushions.

The operative word is "should". I still do not think this is true of the Oasis of the Seas New Aft GS/Aqua Theater Suite

Hope they mean that any lounge chairs on the GS balcony that are wicker have cushions.

Our inquiry was for Navigator. I don't believe it has the wicker furniture. I'll be happy with any lounge chair!

Our inquiry was for Navigator. I don't believe it has the wicker furniture. I'll be happy with any lounge chair!
Thanks -- the issue on FR is definitely with the wicker furniture that has not had its lounge cushions replaced. When we have been upgraded to a GS, we have really enjoyed the nice furniture on the balcony but without cushions, it would be unbearable -- especially with my bad back. Will stay with JSs for now.

Thanks -- the issue on FR is definitely with the wicker furniture that has not had its lounge cushions replaced. When we have been upgraded to a GS, we have really enjoyed the nice furniture on the balcony but without cushions, it would be unbearable -- especially with my bad back. Will stay with JSs for now.
Maybe it is a good thing that I started this thread re: the cushions as I double checked reservation and realized that I had not done Set Sail Pass!!

Maybe it is a good thing that I started this thread re: the cushions as I double checked reservation and realized that I had not done Set Sail Pass!!

Yes, I'm glad you started the thread! We may never have sent an email...

The operative word is "should". I still do not think this is true of the Oasis of the Seas New Aft GS/Aqua Theater Suite

Deck 12 GS was not big enough for lounger anyway. It had the tall chairs with seperate foot rest. It did have old blue pads though

Deck 12 GS was not big enough for lounger anyway. It had the tall chairs with seperate foot rest. It did have old blue pads though
Would rather have the full lounger but tall chairs with separate foot rest with blue pads would have been more than adequate for my back.

In a review, Cruizer2 posted pictures of wicker lounges in the Royal Suite that had cusions -- they even looked new. However, Cruizer2 was on the same cruise -- 4-19 -- that a friend was. She had an OS but did not have cushions on the chair but her next door neighbor did. Guess they are hitting and missing with cushions.

In a review, Cruizer2 posted pictures of wicker lounges in the Royal Suite that had cusions -- they even looked new. However, Cruizer2 was on the same cruise -- 4-19 -- that a friend was. She had an OS but did not have cushions on the chair but her next door neighbor did. Guess they are hitting and missing with cushions.

I just posted a note on this weeks FOS roll call asking if anyone has a Grand Suite to let us know about the cushions.

Hitting and missing with the cushions would be a sure fire way of not allowing us to keep track! Silly me, I thought they would do the logical thing and get them all back on at one time!