Great upsell....not

cruz chic

It all depends on what you told your TA. Did you tell your TA to mark on your reservation that you are open for upsells/upgrades?

Our file was marked no upgrades because we wanted a particular cabin. That didn't stop the upsell emails from coming - and of course, the price was right, so we moved from an inside to a Neptune.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

Our file was marked no upgrades because we wanted a particular cabin. That didn't stop the upsell emails from coming - and of course, the price was right, so we moved from an inside to a Neptune.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

Same here, OV marked as do not upgrade, got upsell offers.

We also had a poor upsell offer, a grand $50 saving! There were still a good number of Signature and Neptune cabins available on our cruise until a couple of weeks before sailing, so we rang HAL to see if they would improve their upsell offer to us. Nothing doing on the phone, but then a couple if days later we received an improved upsell which we would have taken. However there were suddenly no suites available, but at the same time 2 people posted on here that they had received FOC upgrades. It seems a crazy system - we would have paid for an upgrade but HAL seem to prefer to give them away.

This is our first experience with HAL and it's been interesting!

I'm pretty lukewarm about it all as I won't be sure I'm going until a few days before. My dad is in the hospital and he is getting better but he'll never go home again as it's just going to be too much to handle. My mom is not much better. Funny how life changes in a minute.

I'm so sorry to hear this Cruz Chic as I know how you feel. My brother and I put our mother into an assisted living center after she was unable to care for herself. She is 92, wants to get out and buy a condo and start driving again. Yikes :eek: It's hard to explain to her she can't do these things as she has severe dementia and she beginning to go into the dark path of Severe Alzheimer's disease (late Stage).

Her health is great, she has a strong heart for someone who is 5 foot tall and 92 pounds, and can be a little mean and combative.

I hope it all works out for you including a reasonably priced upsell. :)

I'm so sorry to hear this Cruz Chic as I know how you feel. My brother and I put our mother into an assisted living center after she was unable to care for herself. She is 92, wants to get out and buy a condo and start driving again. Yikes :eek: It's hard to explain to her she can't do these things as she has severe dementia and she beginning to go into the dark path of Severe Alzheimer's disease (late Stage).

Her health is great, she has a strong heart for someone who is 5 foot tall and 92 pounds, and can be a little mean and combative.

I hope it all works out for you including a reasonably priced upsell. :)

Thank you. I'm sorry for your situation as well. It's hard to see our parents this way.

Sounds alot like my very short Mom. Always a bit mean, combative and always had to have things her way. She insisted on staying in her home, no matter what. She passed in the hospital a few days before we HAD to put her in a nursing home - its like she still got her way.

Sounds alot like my very short Mom. Always a bit mean, combative and always had to have things her way. She insisted on staying in her home, no matter what. She passed in the hospital a few days before we HAD to put her in a nursing home - its like she still got her way.

That makes it tough. My mom wants to go to assisted living and my dad seems onboard now too. It's going to be the hardest for my dad because he drove right up to the day he ended up in the hospital. He drove my sister around constantly and I don't think she appreciated it. She doesn't drive so now that's my job:rolleyes:. I don't know what's going to happen when I get a job again.

A few years ago we had a Caribbean cruise that was apparently not full.

We cancelled our cruise just before the final payment window. We rebooked the same cruise two weeks later. Paid a few hundred dollars less per person and upgraded to a better category for the same price.

Edited by iancal

My mom wants to go to assisted living and my dad seems onboard now too.

We moved my MIL into assisted living when she was 90....she passed away at 92....but those were two good years filled with interaction with staff, friends, family and the other residents...

Sorry you are having to go thru this...hopefully it will turn out well and give everyone peace of mind.....

Someone at hal has a serious drinking problem. Just got another upsell. Price to upgrade via the website to a vista suite is $700. Price of the upsell is $1198. Why send this bs out? The last one at least had higher categories. I guess they are trying to save me money.

Someone at hal has a serious drinking problem. Just got another upsell. Price to upgrade via the website to a vista suite is $700. Price of the upsell is $1198. Why send this bs out? The last one at least had higher categories. I guess they are trying to save me money.

HAHA!

I just got another upsell too [3rd one so far!] and the offer was the same bad offer they extended in the 2nd email!! What is going on there? I wish they would just assign me my GTY so I can print my luggage tags out and stop obsessing over checking them several times a day! :rolleyes:

HAHA!

I just got another upsell too [3rd one so far!] and the offer was the same bad offer they extended in the 2nd email!! What is going on there? I wish they would just assign me my GTY so I can print my luggage tags out and stop obsessing over checking them several times a day! :rolleyes:

I guess they want to make sure we didn't miss the last goody! I hope you get your assignment soon. This is my third upsell too. I'm thinking it will be the last for me unless they offer a lanai. I don't think I'd be interested in that one.

The DW and I are sailing this Saturday on the Veendam from Boston to Bermuda. We booked a lanai gty and we have received 2 up sells the past 2 days. The first was to upgrade to a Neptune Suite for $650 a person. We passed. Today we received an up sell to a Vista Suite for $199 a person which would be a $200 dollar discount on the original rate when we booked. Not sure what we will do. Any suggestions?

The DW and I are sailing this Saturday on the Veendam from Boston to Bermuda. We booked a lanai gty and we have received 2 up sells the past 2 days. The first was to upgrade to a Neptune Suite for $650 a person. We passed. Today we received an up sell to a Vista Suite for $199 a person which would be a $200 dollar discount on the original rate when we booked. Not sure what we will do. Any suggestions?

It hard to say. The vista suite would give you more privacy than the lanai.