Great upsell....not

cruz chic

I'm pretty lukewarm about it all as I won't be sure I'm going until a few days before. My dad is in the hospital and he is getting better but he'll never go home again as it's just going to be too much to handle. My mom is not much better. Funny how life changes in a minute.

I'm pretty lukewarm about it all as I won't be sure I'm going until a few days before. My dad is in the hospital and he is getting better but he'll never go home again as it's just going to be too much to handle. My mom is not much better. Funny how life changes in a minute.

I'm so sorry to read this, cruz chic.

But I sure do 'get it'. It is so hard when a parent (parents) age and become ill. Very painful to experience all the necessary steps that ensue. Wishing you and your family the very best.

I'm so sorry to read this, cruz chic.

But I sure do 'get it'. It is so hard when a parent (parents) age and become ill. Very painful to experience all the necessary steps that ensue. Wishing you and your family the very best.

Thank you sail. 2015 is a year I wish I could erase from my memory.

Edited by cruz chic

Sometimes the upsell offers are not coordinated properly.

Recently I got an upsell offer to the Neptune for $1000 or $2400 to the Pinnacle, thus $1400 to go from Neptune to Pinnacle.

At the same time, a friend of mine who was already in a Neptune received an offer for the Pinnacle for $1650.

Did not make sense to me - I could have gotten upsold to the Pinnacle for $250 less than my friend. Not very well thought out IMO.

Recently I got an upsell offer to the Neptune for $1000 or $2400 to the Pinnacle, thus $1400 to go from Neptune to Pinnacle.

At the same time, a friend of mine who was already in a Neptune received an offer for the Pinnacle for $1650.

Did not make sense to me - I could have gotten upsold to the Pinnacle for $250 less than my friend. Not very well thought out IMO.

That's bizarre. I always thought they went out for the same amount to everyone. Now I have my doubts.

Perhaps they take into consideration the amount paid already on the cabin you have booked????

I just got one for the same sailing as Cruz Chic and mine, too, was nothing great. I have a guarantee booked so will likely get at least an inside to inside upgrade when my stateroom is assigned since there are only 2 "N" categories on Veendam. Maybe all these last min upsell offers mean there are a good amount of empty cabins? [wishful thinking at least ;)]

I so hear you on this- and wish you all the best.

I just got one for the same sailing as Cruz Chic and mine, too, was nothing great. I have a guarantee booked so will likely get at least an inside to inside upgrade when my stateroom is assigned since there are only 2 "N" categories on Veendam. Maybe all these last min upsell offers mean there are a good amount of empty cabins? [wishful thinking at least ;)]

I think they have a lot a vista suites and neptunes. I would dearly love to have a balcony but given my unemployment I better be financially responsible. At this rate my severance will be long gone before I'm working again:rolleyes:.

So very sorry to read about your parent's situation. This is really one of the hardest thing to deal with and I hope it all goes as well as it can. One day at a time. We are thinking of you.

We figured out that our upsell offer we received would have had us paying a few hundred more dollars than if we upgraded ourselves through the website. We were perplexed by this fact, and figured somebody got their lines crossed somewhere for it to be like that. We booked early and did not get a break on our cruise fare. We did get the E4 promo package added to our cruise. We also didn't know if we would lose our E4 package if we cancelled and rebooked, and what a hassle that seemed like! In the end we decided we are happy with what we booked and probably would stay where we are even if the upsell to a Neptune price was more attractive. Maybe next time we will go for the full suite experience and book a Neptune. That is something to look forward to. :D

Lorie

Edited by galensgrl

Sorry to hear things are stacking up. It's tough working thru parent issues for sure - keep a positive attitude. take care

Sorry to hear things are stacking up. It's tough working thru parent issues for sure - keep a positive attitude. take care

Thank you. I'm sorta grateful to be not working now because it would have been unbearable to try to deal with the work situation and this. One if my siblings also makes it more difficult then it has to be by doing absolutely nothing even though he was laid off as well. Thank goodness my other siblings are more helpful.

Thank you. I'm sorta grateful to be not working now because it would have been unbearable to try to deal with the work situation and this. One if my siblings also makes it more difficult then it has to be by doing absolutely nothing even though he was laid off as well. Thank goodness my other siblings are more helpful.

I've been there as well and gave up a job to help care for my dad, along with the sibling who lived in town and was pretty much absent through the whole ordeal. I feel for what you are going through right now. It is not easy, but in the end, you will be satisfied for having been there.

Debbie

We figured out that our upsell offer we received would have had us paying a few hundred more dollars than if we upgraded ourselves through the website. We were perplexed by this fact, and figured somebody got their lines crossed somewhere for it to be like that. We booked early and did not get a break on our cruise fare. We did get the E4 promo package added to our cruise. We also didn't know if we would lose our E4 package if we cancelled and rebooked, and what a hassle that seemed like! In the end we decided we are happy with what we booked and probably would stay where we are even if the upsell to a Neptune price was more attractive. Maybe next time we will go for the full suite experience and book a Neptune. That is something to look forward to. :D

Lorie

You likely would lose you explore 4 if you cancelled and rebooked. At least you got that. I got bupkis. I've yet to get that promo on any booking. I think the upsell dept must be having a heck of a party because clearly they must be drunk:D.

I'm sorry to hear of your Dad's situation; it's always hard when we have to deal with our parent's declining health and their final journey. I hope things go well so you can go on this cruise and have some relaxtion - it sounds like it much deserved. Will be thinking of you and hoping for the very best.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

I'm sorry to hear of your Dad's situation; it's always hard when we have to deal with our parent's declining health and their final journey. I hope things go well so you can go on this cruise and have some relaxtion - it sounds like it much deserved. Will be thinking of you and hoping for the very best.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

Thank you.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Will keep you in my prayers. Being a caregiver is tough. We had to cancel our Grand SA in January on the day before the cruise because my BIL became very ill and we Re his guardians.

I wish you all the best.

Terri

Sorry to hear about your Dad.

You certainly have had a rough year.