Great upsell....not

cruz chic

I'm so very sorry to hear your news about your Father..

We certainly do become our parents parent.

I will be happy to see 2015 gone. Not trying to rush life, just the year.

Thank you. I sure hope 2016 will get better. I just want my parents settled in a better place then now. My dad is 85 so he's had a good life, but it's still hard. I do not have any kids so having someone depend on you so much is new to me.

Sounds like we are in the same boat, so to speak. No children here and I'm an only child. My Mother is 87 and it's just getting tougher all the time...

I'm sorry to hear that. At least have have 2 helpful siblings but they are working. The lazy one is not and is no help. He's a highly paid professional so expected more.

I'm sorry to hear that. At least have have 2 helpful siblings but they are working. The lazy one is not and is no help. He's a highly paid professional so expected more.

I just went through something similar. You see who has "class" and who does not in these situations.

So sorry to hear the news about your parents. Wishing you strength and best wishes for better days ahead. While going through these types of issues is very challenging you will always be able to look back with pride and feeling good about whatever support and assistance you can give. Sometimes it's just meeting each challenge and situation as it comes. Take care.

Upswell offers started coming about 2 weeks before we sailed in March. For me to go from OV to lanai was the same or more than rack rate when I considered total dollars. The 3rd and4th emails were only slightly better. The final (when I bit) was $250 single off over what I originally spent. That was 3 days prior to sailing so my guess the manifest was being closed and the only way they would get more $$ was from those listed in it.

So sorry to hear the news about your parents. Wishing you strength and best wishes for better days ahead. While going through these types of issues is very challenging you will always be able to look back with pride and feeling good about whatever support and assistance you can give. Sometimes it's just meeting each challenge and situation as it comes. Take care.

Thanks so much.

Thanks everyone for sharing your upsell stories. Often you hear the $299 stories. I'm finding this thread much more informative.

Question for those in the know....We have already chosen our cabin. Is it still possible to get an upgrade/upsell offer?

Absolutely. I took the upsell from an obstructed oceanview guarantee to a Oceanview assigned as I though it was reasonable. The latest not reasonable offer came thru last night.

Thanks so much.

Thanks everyone for sharing your upsell stories. Often you hear the $299 stories. I'm finding this thread much more informative.

To find a "value" for the upsell, I like to use a 1/3rd rule of thumb. I pay 1/3rd of the current price difference posted on the website. A recent cruise the Vista cabin was going for $2800. The SA I got the upsell for was $5900. I got an offer for $1000 (pp) so I took it.

Now, each person has his/her idea of what a value is and how much they want the upgraded cabin. For example, my cruise has a Pinnacle for $10,000 and the SA is $5900. 1/3rd of that is almost $1400. I could have upgraded to the Pinnacle for that (when I took the Neptune), but for me it was not worth it on this cruise - another time perhaps I would take it.

To find a "value" for the upsell, I like to use a 1/3rd rule of thumb. I pay 1/3rd of the current price difference posted on the website. A recent cruise the Vista cabin was going for $2800. The SA I got the upsell for was $5900. I got an offer for $1000 (pp) so I took it.

Now, each person has his/her idea of what a value is and how much they want the upgraded cabin. For example, my cruise has a Pinnacle for $10,000 and the SA is $5900. 1/3rd of that is almost $1400. I could have upgraded to the Pinnacle for that (when I took the Neptune), but for me it was not worth it on this cruise - another time perhaps I would take it.

That sounds like a good rule.

So I just got an upsell offer from hal. The problem is that it's higher than the going rate to upgrade on their website. I think I'll pass on this awesome deal:D.

Hi, cruz chic, im on the Maasdam after you , may 16, and iv been offered 2 upsells already, for other outsides, im in a H on the LP deck, they will have to upsell me to a lanai or higher for me to bite :cool:. I have a plan to take my little orange chair outside on the deck with me, to drink my tea, so I can pretend im in a lanai , :D if I don't get yelled at, ,:eek:---joanie

Hi, cruz chic, im on the Maasdam after you , may 16, and iv been offered 2 upsells already, for other outsides, im in a H on the LP deck, they will have to upsell me to a lanai or higher for me to bite :cool:. I have a plan to take my little orange chair outside on the deck with me, to drink my tea, so I can pretend im in a lanai , :D if I don't get yelled at, ,:eek:---joanie

I'm actually on the Veendam, but I think I'll be spending a lot of time on the lp deck too.