Ecstasy Coming To Charleston!!

cruzeluver

Glass half full. I would've also liked to see a bigger ship since Charleston is my closest port, but I guess the Ecstasy is still an "upgrade" from the Fantasy.

So happy Charleston is not being abandoned! While I would have preferred a much newer and different class of ship, its better than nothing, and at least its got the upgrades.

We were pleasantly surprised when we did a weekend on the Ecstasy last year. Agree that a new ship would be nice but I think it's an upgrade over the Fantasy.

I do wish the Ecstasy had Guy's Burgers, but I can't wait to try the red frog tequila and rum bars when we cruise next year on her! From the email we got today, the only thing that should change is the ship -- our room and everything else should be the same, or equivalent. We'll see once the dust settles. Yes I too would have liked the Sunshine year-round or some newer ship, but maybe in the years to come.

Don't know much yet about Ecstasy so curious, what makes it an "upgrade" from Fantasy, other than being only 24 years old instead of 25? ;)

Balconies welded onto the sides (looks tacky to mebut at least there are balconies available outside of suites) and Red Frog tequila and rum bars. I'm not sure if the Ecstasy has any other upgrades the Fantasy lacks.

So happy Charleston is not being abandoned! While I would have preferred a much newer and different class of ship, its better than nothing, and at least its got the upgrades.

Missed the announcement, where did you read/hear this and when will it happen?

I first saw it from another poster who received an email that her cruise next April (2016) on Fantasy has been switched over to Ecstasy which I believe is when she repositions to Charleston. Ecstatsy is now bookable out of Charleston on the Carnival web site.

Balconies welded onto the sides (looks tacky to mebut at least there are balconies available outside of suites) and Red Frog tequila and rum bars. I'm not sure if the Ecstasy has any other upgrades the Fantasy lacks.

Good info. Thanks! Having some balcony options outside of suites will be nice.

Edited by cruzeluver
spelling

This is from the press release

Carnival Ecstasy to Operate Four- to Seven-Day Cruises From Charleston

Beginning Feb. 6, 2016, Carnival Ecstasy will launch year-round four- to seven-day departures from Charleston, S.C., providing an array of itinerary and cruise duration choices from this popular homeport. On itsnew schedule, four-day cruises will sail to Nassau and five-day cruises will visit Nassau and Freeport or the private Bahamian island of Half Moon Cay. Two different seven-day options will be available featuring either

Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau or Amber Cove (Dominican Republic), Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay. There will also be three special six-day cruises departing May 23 and Oct. 2 and 30, 2016, and visiting Freeport, Nassau and Half Moon Cay.

Carnival Ecstasy offers a wide range of on-board features, including a WaterWorks aqua park featuring a 300-foot-long water slide, a Serenity adults-only retreat and a tropical-themed resort style pool, along with more than 150 staterooms and suites featuring private balconies.

Carnival Fantasy to Sail Three- and Four-Day Cruises From Miami

Carnival Fantasy, currently based in Charleston, will shift to Miami to operate the line’s popular three-and four-day cruise schedule beginning Feb.22, 2016. On this route, three-day weekend cruises depart Fridays and overnight in Nassau, while four-day voyages depart Mondays and feature Key West and Cozumel. Prior to the start-up of three- and four-day service from Miami, Carnival Fantasy will offer a special five-day cruise to

Amber Cove and Grand Turk departing Feb. 17, 2016. Carnival Fascination will assume this route from the Carnival Fantasy beginning Nov. 7, 2016. Details on the Carnival Fantasy’s future deployment will be provided at a later date.

Value-Packed Repositioning Cruises on Carnival Victory and Carnival Fascination

In preparation for their new homeport deployments, Carnival Fascination and Carnival Victory will offer exciting seven- and eight-day Caribbean cruises, respectively, departing in October 2016 and visiting some of the region’s most sought-after destinations.

Carnival Victory will operate a special seven-day cruise departing Port Canaveral, Fla., Oct. 30, 2016, and arriving in San Juan Nov. 6, 2016. Featured ports on this itinerary include St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Antigua and St. Maarten.

Carnival Fascination will offer a one-time eight-day cruise from San Juan to Miami Oct. 30 – Nov. 7, 2016, featuring extended calls at St. Thomas, Antigua, St. Kitts, St. Maarten and Grand Turk.

Edited by DaytonCruiser

Was talking with my classmates and we are considering taking a cruise March 2016 as a way to celebrate graduating from a program we are in at our college. I came home to look at cruises from Charleston for March 2016 since that is the closest port to us. Nothing is showing up for me though. Is there no cruises going on during this month?

Was hoping for something better. Bigger n newer ship would have been nice. I do not consider this an upgrade from Fantasy. Ugh we are still stuck with the ugly sister of a ship.

It isnt an upgrade. However like tapi said this is kind of glass half full situation. The ecstasy however does provide more balcony options that the fantasy didn't.

Was talking with my classmates and we are considering taking a cruise March 2016 as a way to celebrate graduating from a program we are in at our college. I came home to look at cruises from Charleston for March 2016 since that is the closest port to us. Nothing is showing up for me though. Is there no cruises going on during this month?

Give them a few days, or try calling Carnival to book over the phone. They're not showing online, probably because they need time to shuffle people who had already booked on the Fantasy over to the Ecstasy. I imagine the dates will be back up within the week.

Give them a few days, or try calling Carnival to book over the phone. They're not showing online, probably because they need time to shuffle people who had already booked on the Fantasy over to the Ecstasy. I imagine the dates will be back up within the week.

There are some May booking available so others should be showing up soon...

There are some May booking available so others should be showing up soon...

The May bookings were after the Fantasy (the last Fantasy booking was April 30), so that may explain why those are showing.

I'm booked in the Feb 1st 2016 cruise for the ecstasy. Thinking it'll be the last Miami sailing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I was on the first Ecstasy out of Miami maybe I should book the last as well. :D

Edited by Cruise-Crazy

We decided to wait until May to go. We are Social Work students and have 400 intern hours to do that semester, so we thought it would be best to wait until after graduation. We are thinking of doing the May 21st out of Charleston on the Sunshine.