Over-credited C&A points...?

We just got back from a 7-night cruise a few weeks ago. We were booked in a regular balcony cabin, not a JS or suite, we should have receive 7 points right?

I know for a fact that we had 47 points prior to leaving, we should have 54 now, but we both have 61 (over by 7 points). Is there a promotion going on or was this accidental?

We just got back from a 7-night cruise a few weeks ago. We were booked in a regular balcony cabin, not a JS or suite, we should have receive 7 points right?

I know for a fact that we had 47 points prior to leaving, we should have 54 now, but we both have 61 (over by 7 points). Is there a promotion going on or was this accidental?

Take the gift/error/ or promo. What ever it is , is your benefit.

They shorted us 1 point. That one point would put us at Diamond. It was a devil of a fight with them. We had to email/fax everything we had with the 73 on it. Our cruise was 7 nights, and after they added it to 79 not 80. After a long battle they gave us Diamond at 79. Our points still show we are a point off. For some reason they say they can't just add a friggin point. We are now half way to Diamond Plus, and you bet your ass we have everything showing our points, and we will do battle again to get us to Diamond Plus one point early.

My mother just got double points on the Jewel a few weeks ago, no idea why. Interestingly my MIL is on the Serenade next month and had called for a price drop and they told her if she took it she'd lose her double points. She's in a D1. The price drop was much better. She has no idea why she would have gotten double points though.

My mother just got double points on the Jewel a few weeks ago, no idea why. Interestingly my MIL is on the Serenade next month and had called for a price drop and they told her if she took it she'd lose her double points. She's in a D1. The price drop was much better. She has no idea why she would have gotten double points though.

Were your mother and mother-in-law the only occupants of their stateroom? If so, that's why they would get double points.

There was another post a couple of days ago where someone on the Oasis April 11 also received double points.

As others have said "odds are they will catch it". Especially if you ever call to inquire about anything to do with your points.

That was me. Our dbl points were two seoerate entries of 14 points each. It shows up on both our cruise histories

Were your mother and mother-in-law the only occupants of their stateroom? If so, that's why they would get double points.

No, my mother was with someone on the Jewel. And MIL is with FIL on the Serenade.

My mother's cruise history shows 2 entries with the same sail date on the Jewel of 7 points each. Same for the person she was sailing with. Oddly April 11th sailing date, same as someone posted about Oasis.

Edited by sr4mjc

No, my mother was with someone on the Jewel. And MIL is with FIL on the Serenade.

My mother's cruise history shows 2 entries with the same sail date on the Jewel of 7 points each. Same for the person she was sailing with. Oddly April 11th sailing date, same as someone posted about Oasis.

Very odd.

They knew it back then. I called and told them about it. The girl that I spoke with thanked me for bringing it to their attention and that she would take care of it.

Still waiting.

Big corporations don't have time or resources to chase down glitches.

Edited by John&LaLa

It was a good week to cruise. ;):beer:

I was on Brilliance April 11th & didn't get double points...should I email Michael Bailey & complain?:D;)

Years back (when it was credits) as a Platinum member we became Diamond Plus overnight. Not overnight on a cruise but while just sitting home. Called several times trying to get it fixed but no luck. Next cruise our Sea Pass showed D+. Went to the LA inquired about it. Her comment, enjoy the CL! Received a crystal block on the same cruise. Tried to return it. Nope, just keep it. Without going back and looking at Sea Pass cards I would estimate we were D+ (on the cards) for 4 or 5 cruises.

Took many phone calls but finally had all but one of the wrong credits removed. Surprising how many times we were told by several people just enjoy it.

They shorted us 1 point. That one point would put us at Diamond. It was a devil of a fight with them. We had to email/fax everything we had with the 73 on it. Our cruise was 7 nights, and after they added it to 79 not 80. After a long battle they gave us Diamond at 79. Our points still show we are a point off. For some reason they say they can't just add a friggin point. We are now half way to Diamond Plus, and you bet your ass we have everything showing our points, and we will do battle again to get us to Diamond Plus one point early.
Unfortunate . RCI has a very successful loyalty plan and its agents should be able to make minor adjustments .

Big corporations don't have time or resources to chase down glitches.
I agree but isn't it in their interests to fix the issue rather then having the same customer calling them again and again because of the same issue ? Edited by richstowe

Unfortunate . RCI has a very successful loyalty plan and its agents should be able to make minor adjustments .

I agree but isn't it in their interests to fix the issue rather then having the same customer calling them again and again because of the same issue ?

I'm not calling. :D