Lost items returned!

I recently responded to another post from a fellow cruiser that had also left something behind when departing the ship - and at that pint we were vote just waiting ......

Yesterday I called NCL,to check on my Lost and Found claim. And guess what? They said that thirteen had been identified as having been turned in and I only had to be patient for the ship to return to Miaim and then it would be offloaded and I would be contacted regarding shipping.

I KNOW that I left it in the larger bathroom in our cabin....even knew the drawer! Ad also KNEW that the stateroom attendant would NOT have taken it.

This was a Louis Vuitton makeup bag filled with makeup and the bag itself was pretty valuable. Just wanted you all to know my good news AND to acknowledge the honest actions of our attendant on the Pearl!

Glad I had tipped him well as I am not sure if I could get some sort of reward to him? Does anyone know if this is possible? I only have his name....

Anyway......we hear lots of negative remarks regarding crew members so just wanted to share a positive story!

• Like 2

Nice to see a positive turn out to this sort of thing. I hope you can find a way to pay it forward for the due diligence of the crew that have made it possible for your items being returned. Let us know how the shipping aspect turns out, I'm sure it won't cost much

We just received a call from Norwegian yesterday. On our April 05 cruise on the Star, we accidentally left behind the bluetooth keyboard for our tablet. Assumed it was simply gone but now it's on its way to us. Very impressed.

We just received a call from Norwegian yesterday. On our April 05 cruise on the Star, we accidentally left behind the bluetooth keyboard for our tablet. Assumed it was simply gone but now it's on its way to us. Very impressed.

good for you...! and good work by NCL;)

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned home after taking a cruise on the Norwegian Gem. As I was taking my passport out of our safe, we found a gold wedding band with an engraving on the inside, date and initials. I would LOVE to be able to return this ring to its owner. We sailed on May 2nd-May 9th 2015. Our stateroom number was 11156 suite in the aft position. Hoping someone will contact me and give me particulars on the ring!

Just returned home after taking a cruise on the Norwegian Gem. As I was taking my passport out of our safe, we found a gold wedding band with an engraving on the inside, date and initials. I would LOVE to be able to return this ring to its owner. We sailed on May 2nd-May 9th 2015. Our stateroom number was 11156 suite in the aft position. Hoping someone will contact me and give me particulars on the ring!

Please be sure to contact NCL about your find...most PAX would contact them (if they lost something) and not see your post here...

Reminds me of my happy returned item stories - yes stories - from our recent cruise on the Pearl. I was a total flake on this last cruise and was traveling with a toddler. I clearly needed the vacation given my spaciness. I had three instances of losing an item, and in all three instances, my items were returned to me.

1. First day I attended the drawing at the spa. I had my DS with me and was trying to keep him occupied - the drawing was obviously not a child friendly event, but my husband and I both wanted a chance to win a spa credit, so we dragged DS along. I set my handbag down, which contained all our passports, my DS's birth certificate, and all our cash and credit cards for the trip. I went back to the room and did not realize I had left my handbag behind. I received a call from guest services later that evening telling me my handbag had been found before I even noticed it missing. Nothing was missing!!! I was so happy as that could have been a disaster. I tipped the staff member who found and returned the handbag to me.

2. We had passes to the thermal suite. On the first sea day I lost my pair of swim shorts walking back to the room. It must have fallen out of my arms - I had the rest of my suit on me as well as my coverup. That was turned in as well - but not sure by who.

3. I left my son's changing pad in one of the public restrooms. Noticed it missing next time we went to change him. In this case it wasn't turned in, but remained in the exact spot I left it on the changing table.

I hit a trifecta of luck with lost items on the Pearl.

I do hope you were thoughtful enough to turn it in to NCL, but it doesn't sound like it. That sucks for the owner.

On our jewel cruise, we were at the atrium bar hanging out with some friends we met on the cruise - I left to go to the bathroom. While in the bathroom, I found an iphone in a pink case in the stall, so I gave it to an NCL employee.

Went back to my friends, and it came up in conversation. I said something like "Yeah, I found a pink iphone in the bathroom and I gave it to an employee. Hope whoever lost it finds it"

One of my friends reaches for her pocket and goes "OMG thats my phone, I must have left it in the bathroom!"

Sure enough, it was at lost and found! :D

I recently responded to another post from a fellow cruiser that had also left something behind when departing the ship - and at that pint we were vote just waiting ......

Yesterday I called NCL,to check on my Lost and Found claim. And guess what? They said that thirteen had been identified as having been turned in and I only had to be patient for the ship to return to Miaim and then it would be offloaded and I would be contacted regarding shipping.

I KNOW that I left it in the larger bathroom in our cabin....even knew the drawer! Ad also KNEW that the stateroom attendant would NOT have taken it.

This was a Louis Vuitton makeup bag filled with makeup and the bag itself was pretty valuable. Just wanted you all to know my good news AND to acknowledge the honest actions of our attendant on the Pearl!

Glad I had tipped him well as I am not sure if I could get some sort of reward to him? Does anyone know if this is possible? I only have his name....

Anyway......we hear lots of negative remarks regarding crew members so just wanted to share a positive story!

WOW what a great turn out.. Thanks for posting.. I know how expensive those LV makeup bags can be. Very happy for you :D

I agree with jaja you need to contact NCL as I am sure the person who lost this wedding band already did. I would be heart broken and what a horrible way to have to end a vacation :(

• 3 years later...

I once left $450 in CASH on a table in my cabin. I forgot it was there and we went to dinner and a show. When we got back, the room was cleaned and ALL the money was there.

Funny story

Last cruise my wife's shoes disappeared early in the cruise. She kept telling me they were stolen. I was not convinced. We searched the entire cabin but still no shoes. I still was not convinced someone would take shoes even if they were expensive. I kept saying, "There is a logical explanation." And I would hear back "Well where are the shoes......I took them off in the cabin and they are no longer here."

Long story short, a few days later when we were moving things in the closet, we found the shoes UNDER the suitcase in the closet. They were not lost or stolen after all.

I once left $450 in CASH on a table in my cabin. I forgot it was there and we went to dinner and a show. When we got back, the room was cleaned and ALL the money was there.

Funny story

Last cruise my wife's shoes disappeared early in the cruise. She kept telling me they were stolen. I was not convinced. We searched the entire cabin but still no shoes. I still was not convinced someone would take shoes even if they were expensive. I kept saying, "There is a logical explanation." And I would hear back "Well where are the shoes......I took them off in the cabin and they are no longer here."

Long story short, a few days later when we were moving things in the closet, we found the shoes UNDER the suitcase in the closet. They were not lost or stolen after all.

Both stories are great!

Both stories are great!

Yes, what I believe happened was the housekeeper cleaned the room, picked up the shoes and put them in the closet. Somehow the suitcase got on top of them. We searched the entire room and no shoes. But I could not believe anyone would steal used shoes from a cabin. And I was right after all :)

• 1 year later...

So I left a wallet in our stateroom from a Norwegian cruise and reported it lost to Norwegian, 4 weeks later I get a call that it has been found intact.  In the interm I ended up replacing a few of the cards, non credit, but to my surprise they said it would cost $80 US to send it back to me in Canada. Has anybody else had something like this happen and cost so much? Hey I appreciate that the wallet was found, in our stateroom but the rather high amount to get it back, has me wondering.