OMG Platinum cruiser has PERFECT cruise on Liberty

Cher222

Just returned from one of the BEST cruises I have ever had! Loved the ship, the food, the staff and the ports! Had nothing but amazing sunshine including two days prior in Isla Verde which always helps. The only thing that could have made it better would be if it was a back to back and I was still on her. I will come back later today and post some highlights, warning- there will be no lowlights! I know I can't do a big review-sorry but I will post some thoughts/help with ports and some ship details tonight!:eek:

Awesome! Can't wait to hear more. We're on the Liberty July 19th, I'm in the middle of researching/deciding on excursions so i'll look forward to your thoughts.

LOVE hearing you had such a great cruise!!

We were on Valor two years ago this same week on the same itinerary out of San Juan with one night pre-cruise in Isla Verde and my thoughts were exactly the same as yours, our best cruise ever. I'm currently doing some arm twisting to do the same itinerary again. :D

We left 4/26 and had perfect weather, which I don't usually get so that was great. We had booked a segway tour of San Juan on our own, and the only time they had available was 1:00-3:00 so we arrived early at the terminal to see if we could get onto the ship. Otherwise we were going to just go to the Segway place 2 blocks away with our carry on bags.

Got to the terminal at 10:30, terminal itself opened at 11, prior to that we waited outside on the sidewalk. We registered at platinum lounge as they had our sail and sign cards there. Our friends have not cruised in 20 years and never on Carnival. We didn't bring them in the lounge, we waited out in the general seating area with them. They were done registering when we were as there were no lines.. They were zone 1 but they told us they could board with no problem when we did so that's what we did, no issues with that.

On ship by 12:20, dropped carry on bags in our room, then upstairs eating guys burgers by 12:30.

A little tricky getting back off at 12:45 as we were the first ones getting off and it was confusing. We wanted our friends to do the segway tour as we had done it before and it was a great guided tour. It was worth it but a little stressful getting there.

Liberty is still our favorite Carnival ship. Our Eastern Caribbean sailing on her ranks as one of our best cruises overall

I didn't get a burger because I knew I couldn't eat that fast especially before a segway tour in the heat, I had frozen yogurt!

Loved the ship as did our friends. We were on it three years ago out of Miami and when I saw it was doing the itinerary I always wanted to do we booked it!

Only had the sea day brunch once hence the name "sea day. We had steak and eggs, it was great. Did not look into Seuss brunch!

Had pizza and thought it was very good. Had fish and chips and that was great, my friends enjoyed the ceviche, tuna watermelon cup and soup they had there also. I had an excellent turkey wrap from the deli

Loved the Alchemy bar as we did a few years ago, had some great martinis every night but only one at a time lol so we still need to try some!

Did not see anything about tea time on the sea day, looked for it in the capers but didn't see anything. I would have gone but it was fine, spent the day on the rear upper pool deck.

Wasn't leaving St Martin beach for the chocolate buffet which was held that day in the afternoon so missed that.

I seemed to run into several people needing services from the ship doctor and they seemed to think he was very competent and caring. Someone had a possible blood clot in the leg from the flight and was getting daily heparin injections. Thank god I did not need his services.

Lobby bar was always busy and had a few great entertainers, didn't get to spend time there though. Very busy port intensive cruise!!

Thought it went so fast, I still needed a guys burger, food from the iguana, and I never got a drink I wanted from the Red Frog Rum bar. AHHHHH we were out of time. I also didn't get a drink from the lobby bar...

more tomorrow.

No way, I can't believe it...

Someone actually has a nice vacation... it though everyone on Carnival was flogged and made to row home (well, according to this board anyway) :rolleyes:

glad to hear.

Just returned from one of the BEST cruises I have ever had! Loved the ship, the food, the staff and the ports! Had nothing but amazing sunshine including two days prior in Isla Verde which always helps. The only thing that could have made it better would be if it was a back to back and I was still on her. I will come back later today and post some highlights, warning- there will be no lowlights! I know I can't do a big review-sorry but I will post some thoughts/help with ports and some ship details tonight!:eek:

LOVE to hear comments like this! Carnival team members rock! And you got great weather to boot. Can't wait to read your highlights...

we are flying in so we will need to purchase our wine and allowed drinks by the pier. Also, can we board then get off the ship to purchase these items?

Carnival says embarkation starts at 2:30 but from what I read, it looks like it could be as early as 11:00 am.

I am sailing June 14 with my family of 20. I am the leader! Help!

Thanks everyone...

Nola

we are flying in so we will need to purchase our wine and allowed drinks by the pier. Also, can we board then get off the ship to purchase these items?

Carnival says embarkation starts at 2:30 but from what I read, it looks like it could be as early as 11:00 am.

I am sailing June 14 with my family of 20. I am the leader! Help!

Thanks everyone...

Nola

First of thanks for the report of your cruise those of us that have been there and wish we were back there really appreciate reviews.... It is an awesome itinerary. I think the best in the fleet. We have done the same itinerary 3 times now (twice on the Victory and once on the Valor) Hoping to read more of your experiences.

To answer these questions....Yes very easy to get off once you board. In fact if you board early you can almost treat it like another port day. They don't require you to be back on board until 8:30 pm I believe, since they do muster drill at 9:30. Yes about getting drinks and wine in fact there is a CVS store just kitty corner across the street from the pier. I have seen people get off and back on a few times... each time carrying the bottles of wine. Definitely try to explore San Juan a little. It is one of the great cities of the world. Have a great cruise.

No way, I can't believe it... Someone actually has a nice vacation...

I thought everyone on Carnival was flogged and made to row home

(well, according to this board anyway) :rolleyes:

Come on, you know that only happens

to those who book on Deck 1 Riviera

Edited by Aplmac