Majesty Diamond Event??

Going on Majesty in a few weeks, and haven't been on her in a few years since they introduced the 3 drinks for Diamond and above members, so I have a few questions;

1) Do they still have the Diamond Event in Viking Crown even with the 3 free drink coupons?

2) Do they still offer 25percent off drinks that aren't covered by the drink coupons or if you order more than 3 of the free drinks?

Thanks for your help!

When we sailed on her in Feb, yes, there still was a Diamond Event.

Although it was more a hybrid of the event vs lounge- as you could get any drink + some finger appitizers. But they brought them to you instead of being out.

Never tried the 25% off, as I could get a Manhattan at the event.

We sail on her again over Memorial Day weekend.

Great, Thanks for the info!

I will see you Memorial Day weekend, as that is when I am sailing as well :)

I am glad they didn't get rid of the event all together as it was nice seeing familiar faces and meeting new folks like in a CL.

Diamond Event on Majesty is actually pretty nice. Love having up in the VCL. They bring a number of little appetizers around and with the great views we have a really nice time up there each evening.

We were just on Her Majesty in March and they had the very front portion of the VCL roped off for the Diamond Event. It was very nice except for the people who couldn't seem to read that it was a Private Event and kept moving the ropes out of the way so they could get to the ship's wheel that is at the very front of the VCL overlooking the pool area. The ship's staff that were serving during the Diamond Event were quick to point out the ropes and the Private Event signs. (It was Spring Break week :rolleyes: so that could account for some of the rude behavior)

Cannot speak to the 25% off as I only had wine while we were up there. I did ask for a glass of wine at the Schooner Bar one evening when we couldn't make it upstairs and had no issues getting it at all.

We were just on Her Majesty in March and they had the very front portion of the VCL roped off for the Diamond Event. It was very nice except for the people who couldn't seem to read that it was a Private Event and kept moving the ropes out of the way so they could get to the ship's wheel that is at the very front of the VCL overlooking the pool area. The ship's staff that were serving during the Diamond Event were quick to point out the ropes and the Private Event signs. (It was Spring Break week :rolleyes: so that could account for some of the rude behavior)

Cannot speak to the 25% off as I only had wine while we were up there. I did ask for a glass of wine at the Schooner Bar one evening when we couldn't make it upstairs and had no issues getting it at all.

We are always able to get whatever we want up there. I usually get wine or beer and hubby gets jack and sprite. No cost whatsoever.

They basically treat the Viking Crown Lounge like a Diamond lounge in the evening. The same diamond lounge drinks can be ordered as on any other ship. It really is a great spot for the lounge. Better than most other ships. So forget about the 25% discount as they won't be charging up there.

Yes nice appetizers too. They come around and serve plates of a variety of finger foods. I prefer that to the hot trays of food on other set ups

Going on Majesty in a few weeks, and haven't been on her in a few years since they introduced the 3 drinks for Diamond and above members, so I have a few questions;

1) Do they still have the Diamond Event in Viking Crown even with the 3 free drink coupons?

2) Do they still offer 25percent off drinks that aren't covered by the drink coupons or if you order more than 3 of the free drinks?

Thanks for your help!

On Her Majesty they utilize part of the Viking Crown Lounge for the nightly Diamond Lounge for Diamond and above cruisers on board. But they still have a separate Diamond Event, usually in the night club when they tell everyone what is going on in the fleet and announce how many cruisers are on board in each C&A category. Here they serve liquor -- generally premade cocktails or prepoured wine or champagne and have hor d'ouvres being served.

Great, Thanks for the info!

I will see you Memorial Day weekend, as that is when I am sailing as well :)

I am glad they didn't get rid of the event all together as it was nice seeing familiar faces and meeting new folks like in a CL.

Just over two weeks!

Funny how one looks so forward to a short cruise like this- but we have a great time every time!

On Her Majesty they utilize part of the Viking Crown Lounge for the nightly Diamond Lounge for Diamond and above cruisers on board. But they still have a separate Diamond Event, usually in the night club when they tell everyone what is going on in the fleet and announce how many cruisers are on board in each C&A category. Here they serve liquor -- generally premade cocktails or prepoured wine or champagne and have hor d'ouvres being served.

That sounds like the Top Tier Party...I believe it's for Platinum & Above...

• 3 months later...

Wow! I've never asked for a mojito in the DL or CL! Might have to try that, but I have a feeling that if they're serving mojitos in the lounges they are probably made with a mix rather than being the hand crafted kind.

I did, however, find a new yummy drink about a year ago in the DL on Navigator, thanks to a Pinnacle lady who ordered one and encouraged me to try it - it's a vodka gimlet with extra lime. It was so good I asked the bartender to show me how to make it and he did - equal parts vodka and Rose's Sweetened Lime Juice, then squeeze 2 lime wedges into it. Hmm….wonder how that might be with a little mint added?:D

Judy

I had some cranberry champagne at one of the Diamond parties...it wasn't the usual nightly Diamond event, it was an invitation-only top tier event...but...did I ever love the champagne....wonder if they just added cranberry juice to their usual 'high grade' cough, cough, champagne? It was delicious!!

:D

Edited by ladysail2