Buying Alcohol in Port

Ok, I know you have to turn it in when you get back on board.

It has been a while since I was on NCL and these policies seem to change.

Do they deliver it to your cabin the last night or do you have to go pick it up?

It's usually available the last evening of your cruise. If you buy it on board, it is delivered to your room the last evening. .......all things subject to change

Every time we have bought ours onboard on NCL we have had to go pick it up ourselves on the last evening. It has never been delivered to our stateroom.

I have found that the way it works is not consistent across the line but varies from ship to ship.

This. There is no one definite procedure and/or schedule - we too have had several different scenarios happen regarding confiscated liquors.

What if your doing early walk off departure? Can you pick it up the night before?

On all of our cruises there has not been a case when we wouldn't have gotten the bottles the last night in one way or another.

Picking up the bottles on disembarkation morning has never been offered as an option - after all most people do pack their luggage on the last night (deadline for luggage pickup is usually around midnight, before or after) and need to put the bottles in there in order to get the bottles through airport security.

What is the advantage of buying alcohol and then having to take the risk of breakage to get it to the home bar. Now if we were talking OUZO, the real stuff, that would be great, if you could get it as past customs.

I like to buy some of the local rum that is not available back in the states.