Has this happened to you at Guys Burger?

oceanlov1

On the Conquest a few weeks ago, I went to Guy's Burger to get fries only. I asked the servers for fries and they started laughing hysterically(no Kidding). They said I had to get a burger if I wanted the fries. Since they were laughing so much, I thought they were kidding. Then, they asked the next person for his order. I said…your not kidding. They said no. So, I ordered a burger I did not want just to get the fries.

To me, that was really weird and a waste for Carnival.

On my last cruise on the Breeze, I was able to get fries only.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Happy sailing!!

Similar to the pizzeria. Depending on who is working you get a different answer. I like the pepperoni with parmesan cheese. Sometimes I can get it and other times I'm told they can't do that.

I was on the Conquest two weeks ago. No issues with asking for and getting fries only.

The only thing that was hard was standing in the line when everyone was waiting for burgers to come out when there were tons of fries ready to be served!!

Catrin

Guy's doesn't serve onion rings - they make a burger with an onion ring. There is nothing wrong with the staff's English but I'm not so sure about the customer's. :p

Haven't looked recently, but the topping bar has always had potato sticks. And I prefer the thick bacon pieces at the topping bar to the bacon thing they put on the Pig Patty.

Guy's doesn't serve onion rings - they make a burger with an onion ring. There is nothing wrong with the staff's English but I'm not so sure about the customer's. :p

Haven't looked recently, but the topping bar has always had potato sticks. And I prefer the thick bacon pieces at the topping bar to the bacon thing they put on the Pig Patty.

6 weeks ago/Sunshine-No potato sticks!!! I do more pointing than speaking on most cruzs!

Perhaps it is your accent? :D

I'll be on Sunshine later this year and will make it a "point" to look for potato sticks.

Look Away!

Man, I read some of your other posts...Cut back on the coffee by at least 1/2 or more-Be Happy!

Look Away!

Man, I read some of your other posts...Cut back on the coffee by at least 1/2 or more-Be Happy!

I'm always happy. :D

While I occasionally have coffee, I couldn't tell you the last time I had some. If I was any more laid back I'd be comatose. :eek:

Look Away!

Great post, I have to say from my experiences. Tough to follow chains/posts, and even harder to be uninvitingly engaged with. We have some worry now that *they* declared they are on the Sunshine later in the year. Im just glad they haven't been more definitive about when.

As for Guys fries - it seems odd that they would INSIST that someone MUST take a burger to get fries, but I am not an F&B operations manager. That hasn't been our experience (yet). And, true that, sometimes the fries are soggy nasty specimens that we have rejected and requested anew.

Maybe it's a new fleet requirement to boost burger #'s and fill stomachs. Seems odd to force anything on a cruiser when they are not going to consume it, but I come from an alien part of the country.

As for the onion rings: since they are a condiment at Guy's- if they are cooked from prepacked frozen state rather than made fresh - I can see they may need to limit them from time to time during longer cruises so that burger eaters can always have them available.

Edited by eponym

Well the first time this happened asked the lido MD and he said we should be able to get a bunch if we ask.

Still had a problem but after the first 4-5 burgers they gave me 4-5 each time.

After this found that some ships will give more and some refuse.

Thought my English was fine in case your wondering.

Is that a promotion or demotion?:)

Since Guys has limited operating hours, and they suposedly 'slave on board staff', I would say it's dual role with no promotion or demotion required!

You REALLY wanted more of those soggy, greasy fries? No judgment but I love the Burgs (ask for no fries but their English ain`t so great) and really miss the potato sticks! 2147390142_Fried_Sweet_Potato_Stick_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg

Guys fries are great, but just think if it were Johnny Rockets you would have had to pay for the fries.

Weird thought that I hope isn't true. Isn't Conquest one of the ones piloting the test room service menu where you can pay for fries to be brought to your room? Maybe they were instructed not to give just a side of fries since it's one of the only places on the ship you can get free fries that time of day?

Weird thought that I hope isn't true. Isn't Conquest one of the ones piloting the test room service menu where you can pay for fries to be brought to your room? Maybe they were instructed not to give just a side of fries since it's one of the only places on the ship you can get free fries that time of day?

If so, that could be it.

Edited by eponym