Princess cutting it close!

mya603

I know it's hard to wait! At the same time, it's kind of a thrill waiting for the assignment. Hope you get a great stateroom!! Our weather in Anchorage is absolutely gorgeous right now, sunny and warm!

Thank you! So looking forward to this trip! what do you consider warm? It's been 85 here for weeks. and extremely muggy!

Maybe your travel agent didn't tell you --- but when one books a guarantee

through the princess website, it advises that:

"Your stateroom will be assigned just prior to departure..."

Of course, this doesn't stop many, many people from asking here

"When will my cabin be assigned?"

Uh, no he didn't tell me that. Hmmm. Think he and I need to have a little chat.

We did not find out our cabin assignment until after getting to Fairbanks for our cruise tour a few years ago. We spent two nights in Fairbanks and did not have the assignment until the second one. I'm glad we got the assignment in time for us to let them take one of our large pieces of luggage directly to the ship. I was apprehensive about sending it without a cabin number (although it probably would have been fine).

I know I'll have a room, but was just wanting to know what it was before I left home, so I could look it up and see what else might be on the deck I'm on. Oh well. I will survive without knowing it ahead of time!:eek:

If you mean money?

The cruise is better if I take some [or a lot] with me!:D:D:D

Though to be fair one cruise we had NONE when we left, but all was good because everything was already paid for.

Well, yeah, it would be better with money. ;)

Valid question; lol! It's in the high 50s and sunny. Here, children start wearing shorts at 40 or 50!

Oh boy, here they start in the 60's with the shorts. but then our summers can be quite hot and muggy. Usually 90's to low 100's from June through September.

I will probably wish I were still in Alaska when I get home. Because end of May usually starts high 80's to low 90's and high humidity.

Oh boy, here they start in the 60's with the shorts. but then our summers can be quite hot and muggy. Usually 90's to low 100's from June through September.

I will probably wish I were still in Alaska when I get home. Because end of May usually starts high 80's to low 90's and high humidity.

Heck I am known to shovel the driveway in shorts at 0.F. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
You sound exactly like my younger sister... hard headed ... but with a heart of gold. LOL Have a wonderful land trip and cruise. But I must warn you, cruising is addictive. :D

Jan

Jan, you are so right! Cruising is addictive! I am totally addicted now! Already ready to go again. :D

I got my cabin assignment when I hit Anchorage. An Aft Room! It had a HUGE balcony! It was great. I loved it! Might choose it every time I cruise from now on.

And yes, I am hooked now!.

It has been 4 days since my last cruise. :p

I booked a guarantee room for the first time in my 5 cruises for the simple fact they did not have any balconies available when I booked; I went ahead and booked a more expensive mini-suite when I booked; then switched to a cheaper BA balcony when a small window opened up quite some time after the booking; we are sailing on the Star Princess June 13th; I guess I have to hold my breath for a few more weeks; I really don't like not knowing but I have no choice!

I booked a guarantee room for the first time in my 5 cruises for the simple fact they did not have any balconies available when I booked; I went ahead and booked a more expensive mini-suite when I booked; then switched to a cheaper BA balcony when a small window opened up quite some time after the booking; we are sailing on the Star Princess June 13th; I guess I have to hold my breath for a few more weeks; I really don't like not knowing but I have no choice!

I'm on the same sailing, and booked through a TA with a group from church, apparently the TA booked all of the people in the group who chose balconies as "guarantee" and there are now 2 of us still waiting for our room assignments, everyone else (I believe 9 other balcony rooms) have all been assigned. of course the TA is telling us that it usually means we're going to get a "really good upgrade", however I'm not going to hold my breath on that. If it does happen, I'll be pleasantly surprised. We are having a meeting at the church tomorrow night with the TA to pass out the paperwork/boarding passes etc, although I'm not sure what paperwork he'll have for my room, since we still aren't assigned one... I was kind of upset when we were told we had a Guarantee Balcony, since we are traveling with another pair, and had requested connecting rooms if possible, but apparently the TA "didn't see that" when we signed the paperwork... Oh well, I'll make the most of it. The wait is driving me crazy!

I'm hoping the weather stays as it is, and we luck out with sunshine and mild temps!

I got my cabin assignment when I hit Anchorage. An Aft Room! It had a HUGE balcony! It was great. I loved it! Might choose it every time I cruise from now on.

And yes, I am hooked now!.

It has been 4 days since my last cruise. :p

... and how many days until your next cruise?

That's amazing that you got the huge balcony. That is a bonus to anyone who enjoys the outdoors. Can you think about giving us a review of the cruise? It doesn't have to be elaborate, just your impressions. What you liked and (if anything) what could stand improvement.

Jim

I'm on the same sailing, and booked through a TA with a group from church, apparently the TA booked all of the people in the group who chose balconies as "guarantee" and there are now 2 of us still waiting for our room assignments, everyone else (I believe 9 other balcony rooms) have all been assigned. of course the TA is telling us that it usually means we're going to get a "really good upgrade", however I'm not going to hold my breath on that. If it does happen, I'll be pleasantly surprised. We are having a meeting at the church tomorrow night with the TA to pass out the paperwork/boarding passes etc, although I'm not sure what paperwork he'll have for my room, since we still aren't assigned one... I was kind of upset when we were told we had a Guarantee Balcony, since we are traveling with another pair, and had requested connecting rooms if possible, but apparently the TA "didn't see that" when we signed the paperwork... Oh well, I'll make the most of it. The wait is driving me crazy!

I'm hoping the weather stays as it is, and we luck out with sunshine and mild temps!

If you want rooms next to or near each other never ask for a gty you will most likely always be split up. Its best to pick your cabins and mark them "no upgrade" to be sure. ;)

If you want rooms next to or near each other never ask for a gty you will most likely always be split up. Its best to pick your cabins and mark them "no upgrade" to be sure. ;)

Yeah, I wish our TA would have asked us before booking the gty, I had no idea until final payment was made b/c all of the paperwork they gave us bad a cabin # on it. Once final payment was made, they sent us a notice saying we were "chosen for a possible upgrade" and our cabin # might change... I'm not thrilled about using TAs but since this was a group cruise through the church, I went along with it... I've got my fingers crossed we get a decent cabin, and I will enjoy myself anyway, as I'll be on a cruise in Alaska!

:-)

Yeah, I wish our TA would have asked us before booking the gty, I had no idea until final payment was made b/c all of the paperwork they gave us bad a cabin # on it. Once final payment was made, they sent us a notice saying we were "chosen for a possible upgrade" and our cabin # might change... I'm not thrilled about using TAs but since this was a group cruise through the church, I went along with it... I've got my fingers crossed we get a decent cabin, and I will enjoy myself anyway, as I'll be on a cruise in Alaska!

:-)

Well a TA that deals with Princess all the time should know the basics. :)

Oh well at least you are booked, everything else will fall into place.

... I was kind of upset when we were told we had a Guarantee Balcony, since we are traveling with another pair, and had requested connecting rooms if possible, but apparently the TA "didn't see that" when we signed the paperwork..

If it is really important for you to have a cabin next to the other passengers as you requested, your TA may still be able to move you to assigned cabins for an upcharge. If not, once your guarantee cabins are assigned, you can still sometimes be moved to other available cabins in your assigned category, if there are any, for no extra charge. Your TA may add a (non-Princess) fee for any changes, however, but I would ask him to waive it since he apparently failed to notice your prior request for adjacent cabins (very few on Princess actually have connecting doors).

I hope it all works out, and you have a great cruise :).

That's what I told myself when I went with the guarantee - a BA cabin is pretty well situated - and I made sure that was what was being guaranteed - I will let ya'll know how it turns out - it looks like I am going to be one of those who gets the assignment the day before:) Good luck everyone with your cabin assignments!

Regarding cruise addiction - I wish my DH was as addicted to cruising as I am - I am constantly lurking around the boards and seeing places I want to cruise - DH just rolls his eyes and puts up with me.

That's what I told myself when I went with the guarantee - a BA cabin is pretty well situated - and I made sure that was what was being guaranteed - I will let ya'll know how it turns out - it looks like I am going to be one of those who gets the assignment the day before:) Good luck everyone with your cabin assignments!

Regarding cruise addiction - I wish my DH was as addicted to cruising as I am - I am constantly lurking around the boards and seeing places I want to cruise - DH just rolls his eyes and puts up with me.

I got my cabin assignment today, same deck as everyone else, just a bit farther forward. No "awesome upgrade" as the TA stated, but I wasn't expecting it... the count down continues! Less than 3 weeks to go!!! :-)

I got my cabin assignment today, same deck as everyone else, just a bit farther forward. No "awesome upgrade" as the TA stated, but I wasn't expecting it... the count down continues! Less than 3 weeks to go!!! :-)

Oh well keep your fingers crossed for the upgrade/upsell fairy. :D

... and how many days until your next cruise?

That's amazing that you got the huge balcony. That is a bonus to anyone who enjoys the outdoors. Can you think about giving us a review of the cruise? It doesn't have to be elaborate, just your impressions. What you liked and (if anything) what could stand improvement.

Jim

I am looking at the Caribbean with friends in December. LOL!

Review of my cruise. Well, I liked it all! I had a fabulous time. The weather was perfect! Sunny all week. No rain at all. The room was great. D732. Had a huge balcony. I had the room all to myself and it was pretty big. I enjoyed the food in the dining room (anytime). Met some fabulous people in there. I thought the entertainment was great. I have no complaints at all. For my first cruise, I had a wonderful time and will definitely go again. And definitely with Princess. In fact, I'm looking at doing the New England/Canada fall cruise in 2017. The only thing I think Princess could improve on is to maybe have a meet and greet for solo travelers to make it easier for us to meet each other. I did meet several. And we did do things together and had fun. But I'm sure there were others on there I did not meet. Overall, I give it a 10! Almost forgot to say that thanks to all the walking I did, I lost seven pounds! Yay!

Edited by mya603

Well, we got our assignment as well today; not very happy with it but oh well; we are right by the elevators; I am a very light sleeper and this isn't going to be fun; can't complain though as I asked for a guarantee.