Currently on Allure..5/11/15, drink prices astronomical...

Are you cross examining her over a drink post :confused:

She got a dumb slurpee for $14 and she's annoyed. I'm sure she will adjust her behavior. If she comes back and said she did it 12 more times you can rake her over the coals. If you really want to.

Chill out a bit. You're not looking to good with this post.

Alure was Oasis,

An $800 drink pkg actually was for two drink pkgs,

6 " vs 6 oz. is a substantial difference. A 6" solo cup is a 20 oz cup, thus 14 more oz or 3+ times the amount stated.

Finally, if I decide to rake anyone over the coals, I don't need your permission. :rolleyes:

Today at Labadee, I purchased my first alcohol drink while at the beach. I received a 6" plastic cup of Labadoozie in it . Total cost was $14.25. This was not with the souvenir cup. I asked the bartender if the amount was correct as I was dumbfounded. He replied; yes it's the same as on the ship. I nicely informed him I had not purchased any alcohol onboard. My hubby and I plan to buy no more this week. We will only be drinking the wine we brought onboard. I am completely flabbergasted. We spoke to some other cruisers that just did an NCL and they said they were blown away by drink prices. They said they paid half to sail on the Getaway as they did the Allure. I have heard many complaints from other passengers about the alcohol prices.

That price is outrageous and only a small plastic cup. Even if it was in a souvenir cup I wouldn't pay that price. It looks like Royal is trying to get people to buy the drink package with the increase in drink prices

I'm still scratching my head over this thread. The OP is stating she was on the island buying a drink two days ago not last summer....seriously? Can't remember when you sailed Allure but you remember the size and cost of the drink. Ok

Edited by Midwestgal

Fresh off the Grandeur- 8 night cruise.

I have previously came home loaded with souvenir glasses from our drink of the day drinks. This cruise, I came home with NONE. They were not included with the daily specials, but could be purchased with an upcharge of $2.

Our 2 drinks of choice(black russian + amaretto sour) were roughly $30 US- which equals over $35 CAN.

Friends who we cruised with, paid $462.56 US each = $925.12 (for 2) which equals just over $1106 CAN..

The drinks were priced differently at different bars on the ship too! But, it didn't matter saving the $1-2 bucks... we just didn't bother drinking, lol.. so money in our pocket.

For us, purchasing the drink package was NOT going to happen, and NEVER will at those prices... So, we paid by the drink... which was 1 a day, maybe 2... we spent way more money in the bars on the islands we visited...

Edited by mapleleafvoyage

The package is only overpriced if you can't get the value out of it. Just like going to a buffet for $24.95pp and eating only $12.95pp. We got the BOGOHO for two and it was $600. Our bar bill on a typical 7 day cruise is at least $1200. We don't drink frozen or mixed drinks usually, so there isn't the issue of watered down for us. Therefore, I feel that we are getting a better deal. After October, I will let you know if I still feel the same way.

For those with the typical large bar bill (you say yours is $1200) then a drink package is certainly a benefit for you. Our bar bill never came close to that so we will just pay the going price for a drink or two a day.

M

I can confirm different prices at different bars on Oasis. A Rum Runner at Sabor was $14 while the same drink at the pool bar was $9 (neither were skimpy on liquor, they were well made)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by habelson

I can confirm different prices at different bars on Oasis. A Rum Runner at Sabor was $14 while the same drink at the pool bar was $9 (neither were skimpy on liquor, they were well made)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've noticed that before on other cruises. You pay for the ambiance I guess?