bottles of wine

goagain

I read that you are allowed 2 bottles of wine per stateroom. How is this monitored especially if guests in the same staterroom check in seperately . Thanks

Is your question, can I get away with bringing on more than allowed?

I'm sure you can. You can also bring additional by paying a corkage fee.

That is somewhat my question but I want to bring my two bottles in my carry on, not hide them so if my other cabin member checks in with me or not how do they figure that out. Thanks

That is somewhat my question but I want to bring my two bottles in my carry on, not hide them so if my other cabin member checks in with me or not how do they figure that out. Thanks

Two bottles of wine are allowed PER CABIN.

You can put them in your carryon - and if they ask to see them, you can simply open it.

If you are trying to pull a fast one, they probably won't catch you if your cabin mate checks in separately (unless the person doing the check-in remembers seeing your cabin number before).

However, there is always a chance of being caught, and they CAN confiscate any bottles over the 2 that are allowed.

Why not just buy wine onboard if you need more than the two you are allowed, or do you simply prefer trying to beat the system?

Edited by DinaS

We always take two bottles each. We put them in our carry-on bags. We don't try to sneak it on board. If they find it, they take the wine but you will get it back when you leave the ship. So far, no problem.

We have also brought wine on board while in port (in Europe) with no problem. We buy the wine for drinking in the cabin or taking home with us (on a westbound transatlantic).

We still spend a lot of money on wine in the MDR, so Celebrity really isn't losing very much money on us.

It's another one of those rules that they don't enforce very often, just like the dress code:D

Dave

We always take two bottles each. We put them in our carry-on bags. We don't try to sneak it on board. If they find it, they take the wine but you will get it back when you leave the ship. So far, no problem.

We have also brought wine on board while in port (in Europe) with no problem. We buy the wine for drinking in the cabin or taking home with us (on a westbound transatlantic).

We still spend a lot of money on wine in the MDR, so Celebrity really isn't losing very much money on us.

It's another one of those rules that they don't enforce very often, just like the dress code:D

Dave

Hopefully, they'll have more stringent enforcement of both rules for future cruises - as they should.

If you don't like the rules, instead of trying to get around them, there are plenty of other cruise lines that may be more suited to your particular tastes or needs.

Wow didn't know a simple question of how can they tell how many are brought per stateroom would cause such reactions. Thanks to those that answered simply and didn't accuse me of things.

Wow didn't know a simple question of how can they tell how many are brought per stateroom would cause such reactions. Thanks to those that answered simply and didn't accuse me of things.

You will find a shocking but laughable degree of sanctimony from some on here around this issue. Don't let them spoil your cruise nor your time on Cruise Critic.

You will find a shocking but laughable degree of sanctimony from some on here around this issue. Don't let them spoil your cruise nor your time on Cruise Critic.

Especially when people who haven't actually cruised w/ Celebrity yet try to act like theyre the authority :rolleyes:

Dave

You see, on Celebrity you need only follow the rules you like. The other rules should be ignored.

You can ignore any resident trolls by putting them on your ignore list under the USER CP option.

As for the rules, it's always easier to ask for forgiveness, rather than to ask for permission. ;)

Dave

So you are allowed to bring wine onboard at the various ports to consume? I ask because I am a lightweight :) who enjoys moscato d'asti (or anything sweet and bubbly). I was disappointed in the wine options onboard on our first Celebrity cruise last year. We will be on an 11 day Med cruise this summer and was wondering if I would be able to find some unique wines in port to enjoy onboard. Does Celebrity offer a more expansive wine selection from what they offer on Caribbean cruises?

We were at a wine tasting on the Silhouette when this question came up. The Sommelier answered the question this way, and I paraphrase. “Celebrity’s policy is that two bottles of wine can be brought on board, per cabin. But there are 2,500 guests on board, with nearly 5000 pieces of luggage and 2,500 carry-ons. We have a matter of hours to get everyone on board and prepare for our next voyage. We can screen for weapons or we can screen for bottles of wine. Which do you think is more important. Has anyone here exceeded the speed limit on purpose?” We will soon be going on a 17 day cruise and I’m a hobby wine maker. And I make a pretty good bottle of wine. . .

Celebrity will get enough out of me that it won’t matter if I bring in an extra bottle.

Fraud! Thief! How dare you even think to violate the rules of the people??? For this, you shall be sanctioned to Blu for the duration of your cruise where you will be forced to wear only formal attire each day and night! :D:D

I plan on taking two bottles in my carry on, 2 in our checked luggage, 1 in my hoodie, and 1 in my pet kangaroo's pocket (shhh its a service animal) my husband plans to do the same less one since his service animal is a tarantula!

Happy sailing. Keep smiling!

One little twist to the "2 bottles per SR" allowance is when we went on an Eastern European cruise and then had a following TransAtlantic, a B2B.

We bought wines in a number of ports and they were turned in upon going back onboard. At one port, Santorini, we bought some local wine as did our friends. When we went on board, our friends were in front of us going through security and were waved through. When we got to the security point they had us step over to a table where our wines were tagged and taken. A roll of the dice.

What was different was, at the end of the Eastern Euro cruise in Roma, our wines turned in were brought to our SR the night before port call. So we had that wine available for our use for the next cruise returning to Ft Lauderdale.

We did imbibe a bit but took most home since that's why we bought it.

Den

Edited by Denny01

So you are allowed to bring wine onboard at the various ports to consume? I ask because I am a lightweight :) who enjoys moscato d'asti (or anything sweet and bubbly). I was disappointed in the wine options onboard on our first Celebrity cruise last year. We will be on an 11 day Med cruise this summer and was wondering if I would be able to find some unique wines in port to enjoy onboard. Does Celebrity offer a more expansive wine selection from what they offer on Caribbean cruises?

Well, technically, no, you are not allowed to bring wine on board from ports of call. But we have noticed that they tend to be more relaxed on the wine issue in Europe. We have only been stopped once and they sent us to a table to leave our wine and we just kept going. :o

I really don't think they are very concerned about that as they have more important security issues to be on the lookout for. That being said, don't be too surprised if they take it from you. It does happen.

As for the wine list, as far as I know, it is the same on all Celebrity ships.

Dave

Buying wine on board in the MDR last month on Solstice was a shocker!

A bottle of Beringer White Zinfandel that retails at Walmart (Honolulu) for $4.79 (US) came to a grand total in Canadian dollars to a whopping $42. No wonder there is so much chat about how to skirt the system with these outrageous prices. :eek:

A bottle of Beringer White Zinfandel that retails at Walmart (Honolulu) for $4.79 (US) came to a grand total in Canadian dollars to a whopping $42. No wonder there is so much chat about how to skirt the system with these outrageous prices. :eek:

Yeah, that's one of the worst. A glass costs more than a bottle.

And yet, with a drink package (which many receive as a perk), you could drink it all day (even brush your teeth with it and avoid the dreaded white spotting) a AND wash it down with Baileys and Bombay Saphire. Someone will even pour it for you, bring it to your table and wash up after you. Unfortunately you may get stuck with a tedious view of seemingly endless waves. Does Walmart offer such a scheme?

And yet, with a drink package (which many receive as a perk), you could drink it all day (even brush your teeth with it and avoid the dreaded white spotting) a AND wash it down with Baileys and Bombay Saphire. Someone will even pour it for you, bring it to your table and wash up after you. Unfortunately you may get stuck with a tedious view of seemingly endless waves. Does Walmart offer such a scheme?

Captain's Club loyal program is very generous with beverages at Happy Hour and at Cafe Bacio. Guidelines at the Lounge from 5-7pm, request that we do not remove drinks from the area. I do like my wine with meals and that is where the beef lies - with the price of wine.

Captain's Club loyal program is very generous with beverages at Happy Hour and at Cafe Bacio. Guidelines at the Lounge from 5-7pm, request that we do not remove drinks from the area. I do like my wine with meals and that is where the beef lies - with the price of wine.

Where mine lies too - unless of course, I'm having the fish.

(I'm so sorry you're not getting enough free stuff. :rolleyes:)

Perfect summary of recents CC threads and why I like cruising.:)

From my home location, I too am always chasing the endless waves in search a endless summer.:D

To answer your question, NO. Walmart is not on my bucket list.

Edited by Azulann