recycling clothing among cc members (part two)

Marie - you've been through immeasurable loss; I hope you take the time for self healing and can eventually find some comfort in all of the loving memories.  You have many people who are thinking of you.  My deepest condolences are coming your way.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I was shocked beyond words to hear of Marie's husband Kens passing

Many Years ago I began following her generous donations of dresses to other cruise ladies on Cruise Critic FSHION and BEAUTY All her good work was very impressive. I read about her nasty accident when she fell and broke both her feet and had to cancel her cruise on the "Queen Victoria " world cruise ?? I believe it was . A few yeas  later 

My husband and i decided to visit our Family out in Australia in 2013 I think it was . Flying out from our home in England to spend 4 weeks in Perth. AS a special treat we booked our journey home on the QUEEN MARY , Who was on her World cruise. WE would be doing the second half of the world cruise from Freemantle back to Southampton 31 days.

Imagine my utter delight when  I read Maries post on here    that she and Ken would be on the same cruise. And not only that They were to get Married on the ship  I think it was March 27th . We boarded on the 25th..March.'

I was a t the entrance to the wedding venue room when Marie arrived on the arm of the  Scarlett  clad QM2 Paige/

She looked amazing. We of course could not view the wedding  . But after knowing of her for a number of year s , ' it made     my holiday complete.   Of course she had no idea who I was. and I had a quick word with her a few days later in the Breakfast Buffet and she was very gracious,  I guess she struggled to understand my strong Yorkshire accent.

i can only say how sorry I am for her Loss and that al so of her Parents.  

I also lost my husband in 2020 after a long illness He was 83.

• Like 3

Of the years have poked my head in here a few times. I thought it was a wonderful idea to share dresses among women since they can get so expensive and we don’t necessarily wanna wear them more than once or twice. But I have so many clothes now that I really need to pass on to others, as I am sure that others do, and so hope that this forum is still kicking up its hells!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited)
On 1/15/2024 at 9:31 PM, AlohaLivin said:

Of the years have poked my head in here a few times. I thought it was a wonderful idea to share dresses among women since they can get so expensive and we don’t necessarily wanna wear them more than once or twice. But I have so many clothes now that I really need to pass on to others, as I am sure that others do, and so hope that this forum is still kicking up its hells!

I'm here for it! What size are the dresses? If you have any shorter ones with they still fit someone who is tall? Like midi dresses?

Also I have a plum colored one size fits all type dress that would fit anyone probably under a size 12 maybe even up to a size 14. It is the type of dress you can wear multiple ways. I am tall and it fits very well but supposedly you can cut it down to size using a scissors. It comes with a bando so you can wear it a little more risque if you like. I chose a very modest approach but there's multiple ways to tie it.

I also have a dress that's a little more casual it's a floral blue dress in size large tall it could be worn for Carnival formal night but probably not for many others. It looks more like a church dress, my husband hates it. He says I look like I'm from Little House on the Prairie when I wear it. So if anyone needs a church dress let me know. Lol.

Edited by oyme

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, oyme said:

I'm here for it! What size are the dresses? If you have any shorter ones with they still fit someone who is tall? Like midi dresses?

Also I have a plum colored one size fits all type dress that would fit anyone probably under a size 12 maybe even up to a size 14. It is the type of dress you can wear multiple ways. I am tall and it fits very well but supposedly you can cut it down to size using a scissors. It comes with a bando so you can wear it a little more risque if you like. I chose a very modest approach but there's multiple ways to tie it.

I also have a dress that's a little more casual it's a floral blue dress in size large tall it could be worn for Carnival formal night but probably not for many others. It looks more like a church dress, my husband hates it. He says I look like I'm from Little House on the Prairie when I wear it. So if anyone needs a church dress let me know. Lol.

I am tall, so nothing is short (all knee length or longer and most midi/long). Most of the dresses that I have a formal wear in that they run smaller than regular wear clothing - I am in a 12 misses now (14 formal most of the time), but have dresses that are 14-14w, 16, 16w, and a few 18 misses.  And I will pass on the prairie dress too 😂 

Edited by AlohaLivin