Vibe on Breakaway ... is it worth doing?

tcrny

This will be my first trip on BA in July ... I've read posts about Vibes and I believe I saw it is 79pp. We are a family of 4 .... My girls are 22 (and 17 going on 18). My girls prefer the quiet settings. Just wondering what the benefits are to purchasing this. Thanks.

It is well worth if: A)you hate crowds, yelling and screaming around you, the odd ones that have had too much to drink, B) if your a late riser thus late to the pool area getting lounges together is can be pretty difficult. C) If its a cruise that you will spending more time on the ship and not doing the ports thus getting your monies worth.

We have only cruised on the Epic and had Posh passes, it was fantastic, no kids, there were always lounges, parents that tried to bring kids in were told NO and you will have access by your key card, padded lounges umbrellas, towels clam shells. The waiters will come around with fresh fruit skewers.

Bottom line is that the area is extremely quiet and no loud music in your ears.

If I wasn't guaranteed passes I would not sail these large ships as we hate large crowds and line ups.

Edited by Ilovesailing

This will be my first trip on BA in July ... I've read posts about Vibes and I believe I saw it is 79pp. We are a family of 4 .... My girls are 22 (and 17 going on 18). My girls prefer the quiet settings. Just wondering what the benefits are to purchasing this. Thanks.

It's adults only so your younger girl must turn 18 before the cruise to get access.

We had a suite so we had access to the Haven but we still thought it was worth to pay for Vibe on our Breakaway cruise.

It's adults only so your younger girl must turn 18 before the cruise to get access.

We had a suite so we had access to the Haven but we still thought it was worth to pay for Vibe on our Breakaway cruise.

We are also in the Haven and I was wondering the same thing.

Hi, so even though you were in a suite with Haven access, you still booked the Vibe? We have a suite booked on the breakaway so do you think we should do this? Is it close to the Haven? What do you like about it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Hi, so even though you were in a suite with Haven access, you still booked the Vibe? We have a suite booked on the breakaway so do you think we should do this? Is it close to the Haven? What do you like about it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

It is right next to the Haven as you can see here.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/dragdeck.php?ship=Norwegian-Breakaway

We loved Posh on the Epic even though we stayed in the Haven. Since you are suite guests, I would think it would be easier to get the Vibe passes since you will have an earlier boarding time.

Since the Breakaway sails out of New York, there are days it is not available for use due to high winds and/or cold weather if you are sailing during the Spring and Winter months. I love the Vibe but we could on;y use it 3 days due to weather and the temperature.

I definitely would book the Vibe if you are sailing during the summer months.

It is right next to the Haven as you can see here.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/dragdeck.php?ship=Norwegian-Breakaway

Looking at the deck plan it appears there is a Public Sundeck next to Vibe that also has a small bar area. My question - are their loungers in that area as well? Just normal loungers, not the padded or couch like loungers..? I would just like a place to get away from the main pool madness and not sure if we be early enough to score Vibe passes.

I wouldn't spend the money if you have Haven Access. But if you do not it is worth EVERY PENNY you spend!!!!! Even during colder months, it is good to have. I can't stand not having a chair when I want it. You are guaranteed a chair in Vibe.

It seems like no one is clarifying the Haven question, so I will just answer if for you. If you are in the Haven, you DO NOT need to book Vibe. The Haven has a private sundeck which is the equivalent of Vibe, but for Haven guests only.

It seems like no one is clarifying the Haven question, so I will just answer if for you. If you are in the Haven, you DO NOT need to book Vibe. The Haven has a private sundeck which is the equivalent of Vibe, but for Haven guests only.

It looks like there are folks on this thread who were happy they booked Vibe passes even though they were in the Have. A big difference is that there are no children in Vibe, so if you are sailing during a school break, it might be worth it.

It looks like there are folks on this thread who were happy they booked Vibe passes even though they were in the Have. A big difference is that there are no children in Vibe, so if you are sailing during a school break, it might be worth it.

That's a good point.

We are sailing on the Getaway in October and I plan on getting to the port early so we can get on board and get Vibe passes. Many people have said that the Spice H20 area is great and makes the Vibe unnecessary, but for me, I want my wife to be able to lounge and read in comfort and not worry about being able to get a chair.

Yes we booked Vibe and were happy fot that.

No outside bar in the Haven.

No childrens in Vibe.

Vibe is something between the Haven and the public sundeck. The Haven sundeck was a little too quite and the public sundeck was too crowded and too loud.

We ordered buckets of beer a couple of times in Vibe. It should have felt wrong to do it in the Haven but it felt ok in Vibe.

YES!!! Make sure you get to the pier no later than 9:30 am to get one of the first boarding passes. Once on board walk very fast to guest services....... it will sell out very fast