Camping chairs.

Just read the reviews, they can't all be wrong.

You are already convinced you will be having a hard time, just by reading / Hearing reports. I´m pretty sure you will have exactly what you are expecting - a hard time, because that´s what you are set to experience.

You should try to make the best out of it, get not too worked up about it and waste more time at Guest Services. Try to get through it and then move on to other ships pr maybe even better for you other lines, that fit your Needs better.

We have gone to the WJ with a group of about 8 on embarkation day and had a difficult time (regardless of the ship) finding seating for a large group and we find this totally understandable and expected. We now travel with a smaller group (4-6) and really don't have any complaints. For breakfast, we usually go to the MDR most mornings and some of our grou goes to the WJ. There are ways to avoid a long time waiting in line. I am NOT going to even speak to the need (or ability) to carry camping chairs.

Who on earth said the Windjammer on Explorer was now smaller, just got off today and they have more tables and chairs then ever.

Just read the reviews, they can't all be wrong.

So, do you think Missus Makkem's post is Wrong?

• 3 weeks later...
My husband and I are going on the Explorer of the Seas on the 17th June, this year, and we are becoming very nervious. We keep reading and hearing that because Royal Caribbean have put in extra staterooms and dining venues (to pay for one obviously) on this ship, that the Windjammer is now way to small and crowded and that it is almost impossible for people to find a space. It has always been quite difficult to find space in the Windjammer, but if they have made if even smaller, then perhaps we will have to take our own Camping chairs and table with us. Both my husband and I are disabled and unable to stand and walk distances. They have also reduced bar space and seating in the lounges as well, and there is not a lot of room to sit for a drink especially after late dining. We paid top price for this cruise, and if things are as bad as they say they are, I can see that I will be spending quite a lot of time at Customer Services.

Come on Royal Caribbean this is just GREED.

Interesting point. Though you confuse American Enterprise with greed, which is an understandable mistake. I will be interested in hearing your report when you actually have your own actual first-hand personal direct experience and not just rumors garnered from friends.

Please, please tell me the original post was a joke...trying to see how outraged people would get at the thought of people bringing their own chairs and camp table....:o

Actually, my husband and I took folding camping chairs in tote bags that go over the shoulder when we cruised in the South Seas a few years ago. We were on a Princess ship for 4 weeks, and they are not designed with a large outside promenade deck like RCCL ships. Also, we were going to lots and lots of islands with minimal beach facilities.

I got the idea from seeing another couple use them on board an RCCL ship. Cruising is traveling, and taking portable, lightweight, easy to store chairs is not a big deal.

They came in very handy, were really easy to carry and set up. This was taken in the aft area overlooking Moorea:

1477699555_BackporchonStar.jpg.da5602d1ea2d9a6f159c0db97cc7345f.jpg

Edited by pcur

Actually, my husband and I took folding camping chairs in tote bags that go over the shoulder when we cruised in the South Seas a few years ago. We were on a Princess ship for 4 weeks, and they are not designed with a large outside promenade deck like RCCL ships. Also, we were going to lots and lots of islands with minimal beach facilities.

I got the idea from seeing another couple use them on board an RCCL ship. Cruising is traveling, and taking portable, lightweight, easy to store chairs is not a big deal.

They came in very handy, were really easy to carry and set up. This was taken in the aft area overlooking Moorea:

Great idea for the deck etc and on shore. I think the concern was the op was suggesting taking them into the buffet to use. I did ask when onboard but they muted about infection control and not being wipeable and would be declined.