Camping chairs.

No we are not in a suite, but because we need a certain type of cabin we have to book very early, or we don't get what we need.

I know someone who is on Explorer at the moment, and they say it is not just in the Windjammer it is everywhere, no where to sit, they have taken so much space for the new cabins and new dining venues, that there is not enough seating in the lounges or bars either.

that's just plain bull----!.....:rolleyes:..."nowhere to sit", really!

Oh Boy oh boy oh boy! Camping on a ship! I've never done this. I'm bringing my pop up tent! I just love camping in the back yard. But on a ship!?! How exciting!

Maybe the OP should try Carnival. If they have their camping gear they'd be ready and prepared. :D

There was a post a couple of years ago and a retired couple showed a photo of the portable camp table that, when opened has two seats. They take it on the cruise to set up on their balcony. This led to a discussion on people that bring a blow-up air mattress for the balcony, coffee makers, their high quality sheets, and the pool floats with arm rests for two people. Part of the enjoyment we get out of cruising is that once we pack a suitcase, we don't have to bring food, drinks and God forbid anyone suggest I bring anything associated with camping. Not happening. If lines or standing is a problem, the MDR is wonderful for breakfast. You won't have to stand and wait. They have the menu and a smaller version of the buffet, with select items. The MDR has a fabulous lunch menu...and no waiting. The only time we've had a problem finding a seat in the Promenade Cafe has been when the parade was about to start and that just stands to reason. If you want to go to the WJ for breakfast or lunch, always go early or late. Avoid 8 am for breakfast and noon for lunch.

Obviously American people have a different sense of humour than what us Brits do. However saying that, apparently since they did the re-fit space is really at a premium, and finding a seat in the Windjammer is very difficult as they have taken a lot of it away so they can put in new cabins. They have also taken space from Bars and Lounges for the same reason also to make more dining venues. (one you have to pay for). Therefore if you want to find a spot to sit after dinner at night in a lounge or bar than apparently it is very difficult to find somewhere.

Therefore for people such as my husband and I who can't stand for any period of time, will find it very hard to go and have a drink at night. Its alright if you can stand.

This information has come from friends that are on the ship, and they say they have well and truly spoiled the ship.

How is this not translatable for an "American" audience, because I see nothing in it that says anything but what it states. I guess because it doesn't read the way you seem to think. It does not come across as tongue in cheek, rhetorical, or even joking. I can usually read sarcasm in a post, but this just flat out doesn't read that way.

Because phrasing it that way would be VERY common in Australia so I get it, but seeing all the American posters NOT reading it that way maes it clear that it doesn't translate.

Edited by BekkaW

Because phrasing it that way would be VERY common in Australia so I get it, but seeing all the American posters NOT reading it that way maes it clear that it doesn't translate.

And, I would say that the vast majority of people on CC are American. It still didn't read sarcastically as you can tell by the vast majority of responses. Yet, for some reason you expect us to "get" it.:rolleyes:

And, I would say that the vast majority of people on CC are American. It still didn't read sarcastically as you can tell by the vast majority of responses. Yet, for some reason you expect us to "get" it.:rolleyes:

No, I didn't say I expected you to get it. I was translating because you clearly didn't.

... The reason I wrote it the way I did was in in the vain hope that someone from RC looks at these comments they might just get the idea that all is not well.

Obviously American people have a different sense of humour than what us Brits do. ...

As most likely those someones at RCI are American, your Point might not have come across:p

No, I didn't say I expected you to get it. I was translating because you clearly didn't.

Nor did most everyone else on this thread yet you keep quoting me. Whatever.

Well what I got from the OP is s/he is complaining about something she heard from someone but has not experienced themselves.

Nor did most everyone else on this thread yet you keep quoting me. Whatever.

Because you're the one questioning the translation, so we're having a discussion about it. You actually seem more interested in proving something is wrong with that... Would you have preferred the thread go on for 10 pages with people not understanding and continually imploring the OP not to bring camping chairs?

'Whatever' indeed

Well what I got from the OP is s/he is complaining about something she heard from someone but has not experienced themselves.

Yes I agree - but that's not relevant to the issue of whether she was serious about the chairs. That's what I'm explaining, nothing more :)

There was a post a couple of years ago and a retired couple showed a photo of the portable camp table that, when opened has two seats. They take it on the cruise to set up on their balcony. This led to a discussion on people that bring a blow-up air mattress for the balcony, coffee makers, their high quality sheets, and the pool floats with arm rests for two people. Part of the enjoyment we get out of cruising is that once we pack a suitcase, we don't have to bring food, drinks and God forbid anyone suggest I bring anything associated with camping. Not happening. If lines or standing is a problem, the MDR is wonderful for breakfast. You won't have to stand and wait. They have the menu and a smaller version of the buffet, with select items. The MDR has a fabulous lunch menu...and no waiting. The only time we've had a problem finding a seat in the Promenade Cafe has been when the parade was about to start and that just stands to reason. If you want to go to the WJ for breakfast or lunch, always go early or late. Avoid 8 am for breakfast and noon for lunch.

My first response after reading the OP was to laugh as I thought she was

writing sarcastically. But then I started thinking about all the junk people say they take on cruises and I wondered if perhaps I had misread her post and she was serious, especially after reading some of the replies! :D

Sherri:)

Obviously American people have a different sense of humour than what us Brits do. However saying that, apparently since they did the re-fit space is really at a premium, and finding a seat in the Windjammer is very difficult as they have taken a lot of it away so they can put in new cabins. They have also taken space from Bars and Lounges for the same reason also to make more dining venues. (one you have to pay for). Therefore if you want to find a spot to sit after dinner at night in a lounge or bar than apparently it is very difficult to find somewhere.

Therefore for people such as my husband and I who can't stand for any period of time, will find it very hard to go and have a drink at night. Its alright if you can stand.

This information has come from friends that are on the ship, and they say they have well and truly spoiled the ship.

your friends are clueless.....:rolleyes:

Where, exaclty, were these new cabins added in the Windjammer area?:confused::confused::confused:

these threads are funny because often times people will click on a thread, read one or two posts in, like what the OP said and immediately click the reply button, say something about the OP, "omg, you can't bring furniture" or whatever and it gets posted to page 3, not realizing the OP has already corrected or explained it's satirical nature, but then it's too late.

you gotta read through the thread first sometimes!

How much are these additional cabins on the Voyager class ships really adding to the passenger count, in terms of a percentage?

You want a ship where the Windjammer really is too small for the passenger count, try Enchantment.

From pillows from home, luxury sheets and pillow cases, electric and battery operated fans, white noise machines, coffee maker, swim noodles, air mattress, Small Christmas trees and decorations, roller blades, roller skates, scuba gear, trays for carrying food, laundry hampers, bungee cords, cases of water and soda, rum-runners, walkie talkies, portable picnic table, X-box games systems, candles, play pens, blow-up swimming pools, full-size stand-up hair dryers with hard case hood, to their own coffee with french press and their own tea and food products, and I'm sure other items I've forgotten about, there are threads with items people feel they are unable to travel without. On the other side there are those that boast they can take a cruise exceeding 30 days with a 20" rolling bag. Cruising encompasses extremes on both ends. :eek: