Cabin Stewart

bell777

Does any one know how many rooms stewarts are assigned per sailing and also how many tables does an average waiter have.

I say at least 25 rooms my husbands says 10. And as for waiters he says 4 tables at a time i say 10.

Does anyone know.

I think I will ask that when i go on the Conquest next month. It just seems like 25 rooms, 30 minutes each room twice a day, is almost 13 hours a day. As for the dinning room 25 seems a lot but manageable.

On our May magic cruise the steward said they have 27 cabins (plus they have an assistant.) Everyone talks about how hard they work on ships, but the last time we stayed at the Hyatt our rooms attendant showed me her list--20 rooms and no helper!

Edited by iluvit!

I think if there was a helper we would be asked to tip the helper. In the dinning room you are asked to tip the waiter and assistant. Therefore i do not think there is a cabin assistant I think they just have to work very fast and maybe help each other if they fall behind.

I think if there was a helper we would be asked to tip the helper. In the dinning room you are asked to tip the waiter and assistant. Therefore i do not think there is a cabin assistant I think they just have to work very fast and maybe help each other if they fall behind.

The cabin steward does in fact have a helper. Just off Glory Saturday (and have been on 14 cruises total). He introduced himself and his assistant as exactly that - his assistant. I can't remember their names, but they were great!

The wait team consists of 3 servers. A main Head Waiter and 2 Assistant Waiters. He said they usually take care of between 22-24 people.

On our cruise (Glory) a couple weeks ago our steward introduced us to his assistant, so I do know they have them. As for tips, they don't ask you to tip anyone. You can prepay tips and they are split, or tip on your own. I've never been asked to tip.

Edited by kona_wahine

On our May magic cruise the steward said they have 27 cabins (plus they have an assistant.) Everyone talks about how hard they work on ships, but the last time we stayed at the Hyatt our rooms attendant showed me her list--20 rooms and no helper!

Your Hyatt attendant is cleaning 20 rooms once a day. Carnival is cleaning them twice a day. Are you getting any towel animals at the Hyatt? Brought ice to your room? It's not comparing apples to apples.

When i was on the Breeze last year they just took it out of the room card so i didnt have to do it but they tell you where the money goes on the website.

I think its like 6 for the restaurant and 4 for cabin and 2 for misc. staff which handles restaurant as well. It was l2 a day per person per room which is fine but they just need to add it to the price of the cruise to avoid the mass of people which take the tip off towards the end of the trip. I know if i worked for free all week at the end of the cruise my next guest would probably see me with an unhappy disposition. I think that would take care of all the cruisers which feel the need to skip out.

I have been on over 15 cruises Carnival and RCCL never have skipped but maybe given extra for great service. And i have had some good and bad service including a cabin stewart that just would not knock before entering and kept getting a free show which should have been his tip but i couldnt bring myself to not tipping him i just think he honestly kept forgetting since he was in such a hurry all the time . So why not just include it in the trip price a fairly paid employee is a happy employee.

Just off Liberty last week and our steward said he had 26 cabins. In dining room, three waiters in group had two booths of four, a table for six and a table for eight.

Edited by mrpayroll

The stewards on our last few cruises have had a morning helper, and an evening helper.

We prepay tips, and we also give each one of them a cash tip at the end of the cruise.

We have watched all three work their butts off on each cruise, and they have earned the extra $$.:)

Wrong information, your tip for the cabin stewards does include a tip for the assistant, and the assistant only helps the main cabin steward in the morning, he/she does the night turndown and minor cleaning by their selves.

I would think that cabins take between five and ten minutes each to clean.

Hear a tap on the door.

Stewart says, Mr. Richard I'm here to clean.

I leave for a walk to the buffet, check out the trough, grab a cold water.

Head home.

Magic, the cleaning cart is blocking my nephew cabin door and my ice bucket is full.

Edited by fireofficer5

Your Hyatt attendant is cleaning 20 rooms once a day. Carnival is cleaning them twice a day. Are you getting any towel animals at the Hyatt? Brought ice to your room? It's not comparing apples to apples.

Yes, and people in hotels tend to leave in the am and not return until late.

On a cruise, people are quite often in and out all day long.

The stewards do have an assistant. The term is assistant, not helper. :D

Does any one know how many rooms stewarts are assigned per sailing and also how many tables does an average waiter have.

I say at least 25 rooms my husbands says 10. And as for waiters he says 4 tables at a time i say 10.

Does anyone know.

It depends, but some stewards take on extra cabins and hire off duty helpers to increase their take. What they pay them is up to them.

Just got off the May 1st sailing on the Dream and our room stewart had 26 rooms plus 1 helper in the mornings and 2 helpers at night. They were on duty for 5 hours in the morning and 5 hours in the evening. They all wo rked very hard to make us happy and they succeeded.

Our dining room staff had 3 12-top tables and 3 booths. They were great also.

Thanks for the great replies. When i go next month on the Conquest I will ask them personally and post it. I will also post a review with pictures and Fun Times so be on the look out.

Yes, please do and have lots of fun on your cruise vacation.