DH's Margarita

outoftowner

DH wants to know, if he has the Premium Drinks package and orders a house Margarita, frozen with salt, and I have a Classic Drinks package and order the same drink (yum!), will there be a difference in the drinks and if so, what is the difference?

DH wants to know, if he has the Premium Drinks package and orders a house Margarita, frozen with salt, and I have a Classic Drinks package and order the same drink (yum!), will there be a difference in the drinks and if so, what is the difference?

House tequila is house tequila, so shouldn't be any difference. If your husband opts to order his with premium tequila he can do so, but it shouldn't automatically come with premium if he orders house.

I plan to order my frozen margarita with premium tequila so as to hopefully avoid a headache that cheap tequila gives me. What tequila should I request? I will have the premium package.

Laura

I plan to order my frozen margarita with premium tequila so as to hopefully avoid a headache that cheap tequila gives me. What tequila should I request? I will have the premium package.

Laura

Just tell the Bartender you have the Premium pkg and they will fix you up!:D:eek:

If ya'll order 2 frozen margarita's they have no way of knowing what pkg you have. You need to simply tell them, the Hubby wants his top shelf.

thank you for all the responses.

New version...

If DH approaches the bar with a request for a house margarita and uses his Classic Beverage package to obtain it, and I approach the bar with a request for a house margarita (that means, that we both ordered the exact same drink) but I pay for it with cash, will both drinks, if placed side by side, have the exact same amount of alcohol?

New version...

If DH approaches the bar with a request for a house margarita and uses his Classic Beverage package to obtain it, and I approach the bar with a request for a house margarita (that means, that we both ordered the exact same drink) but I pay for it with cash, will both drinks, if placed side by side, have the exact same amount of alcohol?

You can't pay with cash, only your room key card which charges to your account.

New version...

They can never be exactly the same. They use free pour, no measures.....

No cash but I imagine your question is referring to 'will you get less alcohol on a package than if you are paying?'

The answer is no. Both drinks will be comparable. Celebrity bartenders mix a good drink.

So is DH planning on getting the premium package or the classic package? I get the feeling that you haven't actually asked the question that you really want to ask. ;)

If ya'll order 2 frozen margarita's they have no way of knowing what pkg you have. You need to simply tell them, the Hubby wants his top shelf.
Actually they do know what package you have. It's indicated on your card and, on Summit, our cards were looked at and swiped through the register for every drink we ordered. The only place we didn't produce the card for every order was in Blu after the first night.

I found that the bartenders would make drinks with the somewhat more premium booze when they saw I had the premium package, but not every time.

I could never taste a difference anyway. (In frozen drinks, I don't think you're really gonna notice.)

Actually they do know what package you have. It's indicated on your card and, on Summit, our cards were looked at and swiped through the register for every drink we ordered. The only place we didn't produce the card for every order was in Blu after the first night.

In my experience, if you order from a pool server, or a roaming server in a lounge, they take your card right away so they know before the drink is made if you have a package and which one. If you order at the bar, sometimes they take your card right away, but frequently the bartender doesn't take it until he gives you your drink, in which case he has no idea what your package status is when he actually makes the drink.

Thanks for all of the satisfying answers.

We do have Classic packages for the first time, included with the promo we booked under. After much research and sharing what I have read on this site with DH, he had this question so I put it to you, the experienced ones, and now he is happy.:)

We have concluded that we need to find bar tenders and servers that we like and after this next cruise, decide if any drink package is for us. For this cruise we will stick to the Classic and not upgrade to Premium. We figure that if we are not pleased with the Classic, we will be even more displeased with the Premium.

I really hope that we will be delighted with Celebrity. DH's first time with them, my second, DS's first cruise ever.

For a good tasting margarita you shouldn't use a smooth premium type tequila as you need the cheaper type that will give it the "bite". I found this out when in Mexico many years ago at a bar that had great tasting Margaritas. I asked the BT about buying some duty free Tequila to take home and he asked what I wanted it for? He said if it is for sipping to get a good premium type and he named a few and if it was for Margaritas to get a cheaper one that has the "bite". He then demonstrated the difference by making two using the cheaper and premium without me knowing. The cheaper brand definitely tasted better. It had nothing to do with wasting a premium by mixing, it was about the taste.

It is the same with any mixed drink, what you use affects the taste. A drink made with Jack tastes different than one made with Makers Mark. You can also tell the differences in spiced rums, Captain Morgan will make a drink taste different from one using Goslings Black Seal.

As far as free pour the BTs always count when pouring, the pourers will pour out the same amount every time when counting to a number at a set beat. They can can carry on a conversation and count and pour the same amount every time. They will put on a little show by raising and lowering the bottle but in the end it is the same. if you ever watched the BTs at the Martini bar they will "free pour" a drink or even two if the same and it will fill the glass exactly.

Drink up 🍸🍷🍹🍺🍻

I have to respectfully disagree... I don't like the bite, which is why I usually use Don Julio...

I am also a bit of a margarita snob.... Learned how to make them when I was stationed in San Antonio Texas during my Air Force days... It's a two day process... I start by making my own hand squeezed limeade...

All of that to say I rarely order a margarita when I'm out... I'll only be disappointed:-)

I have to respectfully disagree... I don't like the bite, which is why I usually use Don Julio...

I am also a bit of a margarita snob.... Learned how to make them when I was stationed in San Antonio Texas during my Air Force days... It's a two day process... I start by making my own hand squeezed limeade...

All of that to say I rarely order a margarita when I'm out... I'll only be disappointed:-)

Useful information, thank you!

We never had any luck getting a good Margarita on Celebrity.

Last month on the Equinox, we discovered cucumber Margaritas at the Gastropub. They were clean, crisp and refreshing. Unfortunately you need the premium package, they were $11. We drank quite a few of them :o

The easy way to make sure you get what you want is to ask for the specific spirit you want. If you don't the chances are you will get the house alcohol.

If you want a vodka or rum, even with the classic package, tell them what brand you want. We have had occasions when we have sent drinks back or just left them if it was obvious they did not contain what we wanted.

The Martini Bar is the worst for this. The waiters who take orders away from the bar have a pantry area that they go into and make up the drinks behind closed doors. Unless you are at the bar and see it being poured in front of you, there is no way of knowing what you get.

In the Martini Bar we always order drinks that we know well like Bacardi or Grey Goose so that we can be sure that we get what we want.

We figure that if we are not pleased with the Classic, we will be even more displeased with the Premium.

Why? Seems to me it would depend on WHY you were displeased with the classic package. If you don't like it because in the end you decide you didn't drink enough to make it worthwhile, then sure, maybe the premium would be no better. But if it's simply that you didn't like it because too many of "your" drinks were not available with the classic, then the premium might suit you well if it means being able to get what you want. :)

As far as free pour the BTs always count when pouring, the pourers will pour out the same amount every time when counting to a number at a set beat.

Bartenders have been known to extend the count for a good tipper. So it's not necessarily the exact same pour every time. ;)