St George Beach Bus

1bets1

I'm back! The hop on/hop off beach bus was great, but hard to find. The locals were very nice and helpful, but their directions were vague! Once off the ferry, walk to your right to get into the town square. You buy your tickets (hand stamp) at visitor information, and the bus stop is sort of behind a building. The visitor center will point you in the right direction. Very close, easy walk.

I'm back! The hop on/hop off beach bus was great, but hard to find. The locals were very nice and helpful, but their directions were vague! Once off the ferry, walk to your right to get into the town square. You buy your tickets (hand stamp) at visitor information, and the bus stop is sort of behind a building. The visitor center will point you in the right direction. Very close, easy walk.

Thanks for the info. Boarding tomorrow and will do this!

I am assuming the St George Beach Bus takes you to Tobacco Bay. Would it be a good idea to take the bus if you want to visit Fort St Catherine since it's close to the beach. Also does the bus actually stop at the fort and how frequent is the bus?

I am assuming the St George Beach Bus takes you to Tobacco Bay. Would it be a good idea to take the bus if you want to visit Fort St Catherine since it's close to the beach. Also does the bus actually stop at the fort and how frequent is the bus?

It's supposed to run every half hour. Tobacco Bay, Fort St. Catherine and Alexandra Battery are all on the route.

Thanks for the info. We will be there in around 2 weeks and plan on using this for our day there.

Is this building that you go to for the bus stop marked? What about the bus stops? I assume they are easy to find since it will be where they drop you off at right? Or do you have to walk across the street to catch it coming the opposite way...or does it only go 1 way?

Can you tell me what "route" this takes...or should I say what direction it goes?

I know all the places that it goes to but I was wondering does it travel, for instance, from King's Square area toward the unfinished church, then onto Tobacco and so on? Or does it run in the opposite direction, for instance, to Alexandra Battery, St Catherine, then around to Tobacco then Unfinished Church?

Also, do you recall the "time" it took to get to...from Kings to the Unfinished Church? Then from the Unfinished Church to Tobacco?

Thanks in advance.

Also, do you recall the "time" it took to get to...from Kings to the Unfinished Church? Then from the Unfinished Church to Tobacco?

Thanks in advance.

The article I read did not mention the unfinished church is a stop. In any case the church is about a two minute walk up a steep hill from the town square. So it would take about a minute to drive by. From the square to Tobacco is a 15 minute walk. So it is probably a 5 minute drive.

Edited by Charles4515

The article I read did not mention the unfinished church is a stop. In any case the church is about a two minute walk up a steep hill from the town square. So it would take about a minute to drive by. From the square to Tobacco is a 15 minute walk. So it is probably a 5 minute drive.

The map they provided on their social media site was as follows...

11204963_1637517166484122_5844497722938453377_n.jpg?oh=e29685a546bde0202ea7058c83deb0ac&oe=55F538B6

Which from what I've gathered is a lot longer walk than 2 minutes when going uphill???

Edited by mitsugirly

The map they provided on their social media site was as follows...

11204963_1637517166484122_5844497722938453377_n.jpg?oh=e29685a546bde0202ea7058c83deb0ac&oe=55F538B6

Which from what I've gathered is a lot longer walk than 2 minutes when going uphill???

That is a stylized map. Seriously, walking distance from Kings Square to the church is 2 to 3 minutes.

We are interested in taking this next month. We are a group of five; how many do the mini-buses seat? I'm concerned with it pulling up, no room for our large group, then waiting another 30 minutes and having the same thing happen again.

We are interested in taking this next month. We are a group of five; how many do the mini-buses seat? I'm concerned with it pulling up, no room for our large group, then waiting another 30 minutes and having the same thing happen again.

Oh gosh, I hadn't even thought of that. We are a group of 8!!! I wonder if we'll have any problems.:eek:

Thanks for the info. We will be there in around 2 weeks and plan on using this for our day there.

mitsugirly, we are in Bermuda at the end of October on the Carnival Pride. Will you be doing one of your famous reviews of this cruise? Hope so. I may bombard you with questions....lol

mitsugirly, we are in Bermuda at the end of October on the Carnival Pride. Will you be doing one of your famous reviews of this cruise? Hope so. I may bombard you with questions....lol

Absolutely!! I'm happy to answer any questions that I can.

I hope you have a wonderful time on the Pride. She's a great ship and we loved her. :)

Absolutely!! I'm happy to answer any questions that I can.

I hope you have a wonderful time on the Pride. She's a great ship and we loved her. :)

thank you!! Yes, this will be our third time on the Pride. We love her!!!!

I just got back Sunday - Norwegian Breakaway. Yes it was hard to find the correct beach shuttle stop initially. First you have to find the visitor center which is a short walk away and they will point you to the direction of the beach shuttle. I paid $6.00 for the loop.

I did not know how far away Tobacco Bay was and that was my only destination. Do NOT apply sunscreen to the stamp. I was in the water and no problem and when reapply sunscreen, I forgot and the stamp came off.

After waiting a few minutes at the bus stop, we decided to walk back to the Ferry. It was a short 15 minute walk.

I just got back Sunday - Norwegian Breakaway. Yes it was hard to find the correct beach shuttle stop initially. First you have to find the visitor center which is a short walk away and they will point you to the direction of the beach shuttle. I paid $6.00 for the loop.

I did not know how far away Tobacco Bay was and that was my only destination. Do NOT apply sunscreen to the stamp. I was in the water and no problem and when reapply sunscreen, I forgot and the stamp came off.

After waiting a few minutes at the bus stop, we decided to walk back to the Ferry. It was a short 15 minute walk.

Can you tell me which way they "looped" around? Did they start at the visitors center and head up to Tobacco? Or did they go the opposite way?

Can you tell me which way they "looped" around? Did they start at the visitors center and head up to Tobacco? Or did they go the opposite way?

Tobacco Bay is the 4th stop from the Visitors Center - someone posted a map a few replies ago. So waiting for the shuttle going to the beach is longer than the ride itself. Maybe 5-8 minutes. But it is quite easy walking back to the Ferry from the beach. It is downhill. About 15-20 minutes walk going back. Watch for cars, there isn't a real sidewalk. Sometimes there is and sometimes there isn't.

Tobacco Bay is the 4th stop from the Visitors Center - someone posted a map a few replies ago. So waiting for the shuttle going to the beach is longer than the ride itself. Maybe 5-8 minutes. But it is quite easy walking back to the Ferry from the beach. It is downhill. About 15-20 minutes walk going back. Watch for cars, there isn't a real sidewalk. Sometimes there is and sometimes there isn't.

I was the one that posted the map. I didn't realize that the numbers on the map is the actual direction in which they travel and the way they stopped. Makes sense now. So if we were to catch the shuttle coming back to the ferry from Tobacco Bay, then we would be circling all the way around (stopping at the listed places along the way) before coming back. I wasn't sure if it only went 1 way or both ways.

Did you find them to be exactly on time every half hour on the hour?

I was the one that posted the map. I didn't realize that the numbers on the map is the actual direction in which they travel and the way they stopped. Makes sense now. So if we were to catch the shuttle coming back to the ferry from Tobacco Bay, then we would be circling all the way around (stopping at the listed places along the way) before coming back. I wasn't sure if it only went 1 way or both ways.

Did you find them to be exactly on time every half hour on the hour?

Duh me on the map

We started out late since the ferry to St George on Thursday (varies on days) was 9:30 11:30 ......

We didn't know the ferry times and missed the 9:30. We arrive in St George after noon and the last ferry back was 5:30.

We probably spent 15 minutes walking around looking for the visitor's center and shuttle stop

We didn't want to miss the last ferry when we only waited for the bus 10 minutes before we decided to walk back. We figure if it loops around, that adds 1/2 hr + waiting time for the shuttle and we didn't know when it would arrive.

I think the same guys loops around - If you have enough time, you can wait for the shuttle. We did see the shuttle pass use when we walked halfway back.

Thank you so much for the link. I didn't realize they had a site and I was looking for pricing the other day and obviously what I had found was old...their prices have increased on the rentals.

Anyone know how much they charge for soda (pop)? Is it in a throw away bottle or can? :confused:

• 1 year later...